Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A good second role for an ADC bot player?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snowbi Wan

Recruiter

04-03-2013

Support would certainly be a natural conclusion as you can already glean from your familiarity with the bottom lane and you have been playing with supports for a while now.

I'm going to suggest however that you try to learn all of the roles, at least a little bit. Being well rounded and having an understanding of lots of different champions in different lanes will help you in any role you play - even ADC.

Mid lane could also be a good place to go. If you are used to playing an ADC you understand the role of a damage dealer who builds glass cannon. AP carry isn't entirely different. You will be more focused on spells, cooldowns, and burst rather than sustained damage through autoattacks - but the role of carry isn't that radically different AP or AD. Both rely on positioning and damage from safety.

I imagine the hardest role to pickup would be jungle. You aren't farming a lane and you don't have a lane opponent. You must have a greater map awareness and check each of the three lanes for gank potential or to help someone who is falling behind. I find when I play ADC I get so focused on farming that I often look up at the scoreboard at 15 minutes and see the score is 5 to 5 and I don't remember any of those kills or deaths happening. I'm just happily last hitting and trying to get the holy trinity of ADC items.