A good second role for an ADC bot player?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bionox

04-02-2013

I often find that I get harrased for only knowing one role. Which is sensible, because most people put a lot of time into this game. I've only had enough to get used to one role, ranged adc. I'm pretty good at it too. I would still like to learn another role though to make myself more viable as a player. I started out playing MF; she was the first champion I bought. I went on to get Ezreal, and Caitlyn who I also enjoy playing. I really don't like any new ranged ADC's after Graves. They're all too niche. That's besides the point though

What would be a good second role to learn for my playstyle?

Shukarhazh

04-02-2013

Support. As an ADC you should already have an idea of what you want your support to do, so it's just a matter of doing those things and practicing to find a support that fits your playstyle. Oh, and please... PLEASE buy actual support items. Shurelya's Reverie, Locket of the Iron Solari, Mikael's Crucible, Twin Shadows, Ruby Sightstone. For the love of Draven don't buy Doran's Ring. (Any item with an aura or active that helps the entire team or disables the enemy team works here. Go ahead and pick up Will of the Ancients if you have a few AP champions on your team, or Zeke's Herald for your ADC, or Aegis of the Legon for the defensive aura.)

After that, utility jungler is a good third role to learn. You do a lot of the same things as a support, but with more damaging champions and far more map presence.

I couldn't really help you with top or mid, I can barely even CS properly in those lanes. (I main support and jungle in soloque, and can bring a mean ADC game if those two spots are filled.) You're welcome to add me if you have questions on support or jungle.

Bionox

04-02-2013

Which support do your suggest. I don't really want to drop a lot of IP on ap, which most (if not all) supports require

Tsarkillo

04-02-2013

Although I'm on my 9th game losing streak, I like to say that I'm a pretty mediocre support player, helping my adc. Not taking kills, or adc, stand in the back, bushes, and do what I need to do. Ward everything etc.

If it was me, I would suggest using Sona, she's is easy and simple to use. Although in NA, she overshadowed by Lulu as the NA fav. as Sona is the preferred support in South Korea.

So all in all, I would go Sona (I'm Asian lol), if not go Janna or Lulu. However everything support is situational.

Directw

04-02-2013

Soraka is the cheapest, at 450IP.

Weak: no hard cc.
Strong: She got triple heal. two for hp and one for mana.

SquatsToCarry

04-02-2013

Just get Taric and Sona.

Both are easy to play and are very effective when played well. They can both harass well with agressive adcs and protect weak early game adcs.

Since you main an adc, as others have said, support will be the easiest role to pickup and to really well at. You have played with both bad and good supports so you have some idea of what to do and not to do, when to engage and when not, when they get out of position etc. Also know other adcs quite well which is very helpful so you know if you should be aggressive and set your ADC up or play more passive and protect..

moastytoasty

04-02-2013

support wise, if your trying to learn how to support, soraka is a great choice, but a bit boring. she's really cheap though, and shes one of the safest picks!
soraka is usually quite passive though, so if you want a support thats easy to pick up but can go for kills, taric is a great choice. i'd say he's one of the strongest picks currently as a support.

if you want a bit more difficult but more rewarding picks, janna is a strong pick for her massive amounts of cc and her game changing ult. sona is also a great pick because of her poke, trading, auras, heals, and great ult, but she's extremely squishy, so you might die alot if you don't know how to play her properly

moastytoasty

04-02-2013

remember, just practice, and you'll be golden!

Bionox

04-03-2013

I know none of you actually suggested her, but I went with Kayle. Her rune build was most similar to mine and the least expensive to make the swap to playing as a tanky support. I'm actually building support items like Shukarhazh suggested. I'm enjoying it so far and next I think I'm going to pick up Sona or Taric.

themaddscientist

04-03-2013

I main support and jungle, and my preferred playstyle is a lot better when I'm playing tanky champions, so I would suggest Taric and Thresh. Both are really tanky, can be very useful as sources of cc and meat shields. Taric is nice because you get a heal along with that to survive the early game and a useful armor aura to go along with your Aegis, and Thresh packs a hook akin to a blitzgrab. Thresh can also fulfill almost any role in the game. (I've seen LoLKing guides for mid, top, jungle, ad carry and support)