If we want ranked dominion we're going to have to start playing draft

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warmeat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmamasllama View Post
Dodge penalty was accidentally(at least i hope it was an accident) removed from dominion for 8 months this led to constant queue dodging in draft and blind pick however it was much worse in draft.
This led to nearly everyone leaving draft pick dominion and a large chunk of players leaving dominion altogether.
Unfortunately as far as anyone can tell that damage is irreparable until ranked is implemented.
However, Riot is afraid that it won't be enough due to the negative stigma related to dominion after the dodging fiasco and that they will need to do something more drastic to get the attention of the player-base.
This is something that scares me because in the end this translates into dominion getting a map rework.
Now of course this could be very good for us but it could also just make the game that much worse (though if Nome makes walls smaller Kassadin will be less absurd)
actually i think your on to something, with there silence about dominions ranked and you suggestion about a new map makes logical sense, dont fix every single champions to fit in Dominion rework the map to fix some stuff that makes some guys better like make less walls in jungle make some of them longer so Zac and kass can port or jump every wall.i would bet we might get a new Dominion map and then we can get ranked.

urmamasllama

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmeat View Post
actually i think your on to something, with there silence about dominions ranked and you suggestion about a new map makes logical sense, dont fix every single champions to fit in Dominion rework the map to fix some stuff that makes some guys better like make less walls in jungle make some of them longer so Zac and kass can port or jump every wall.i would bet we might get a new Dominion map and then we can get ranked.
nonono you have it backwards. making the walls larger would make Kass and Zac stronger.
There instead has to be either a impenetrable wall that dissallows any jumps or the walls or they need to be smaller so that more champions can jump over them or a combination of the two
I also plan on sending in my resume to riot in hopes they'll let me work with nome on the alt maps

ricedream5

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post
you know what may could help? if one could QM for both blind and draft at the same time.
That's such a win idea.

Detris White

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post
you know what may could help? if one could QM for both blind and draft at the same time.
what does QM stand for?

Edit: I'm going to guess queue for matchmaking

lbgsloan

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmamasllama View Post
Dodge penalty was accidentally(at least i hope it was an accident) removed from dominion for 8 months this led to constant queue dodging in draft and blind pick however it was much worse in draft.
This led to nearly everyone leaving draft pick dominion and a large chunk of players leaving dominion altogether.
Unfortunately as far as anyone can tell that damage is irreparable until ranked is implemented.
However, Riot is afraid that it won't be enough due to the negative stigma related to dominion after the dodging fiasco and that they will need to do something more drastic to get the attention of the player-base.
This is something that scares me because in the end this translates into dominion getting a map rework.
Now of course this could be very good for us but it could also just make the game that much worse (though if Nome makes walls smaller Kassadin will be less absurd)
Dodge-o-rama was happening before the time penalty disappeared. Once people could see elo, and realized there was no real downside* to dodging anything that wasn't a free win, it went downhill fast. Two of my friends who played Dom regularly up to that point left the game for good, and I took a long break from LoL.

If you want people back at this point, it's going to need a full relaunch with ranked support from the start. And unlike TT that was left to rot again, Riot needs to actually keep supporting it this time with tournaments and esports coverage. Anything less isn't going to work at this point and I think Riot actually does know that, which is why Feedski's GD still goes unanswered. They aren't willing to spend the resources right now, they're probably going to see the reception and player pool of the upcoming ARAM queue first.

*Except of course the death of the mode because no one would sit through 30 minutes of last second dodging anymore.

Eloquid

04-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
Dodge-o-rama was happening before the time penalty disappeared. Once people could see elo, and realized there was no real downside* to dodging anything that wasn't a free win, it went downhill fast. Two of my friends who played Dom regularly up to that point left the game for good, and I took a long break from LoL.

If you want people back at this point, it's going to need a full relaunch with ranked support from the start. And unlike TT that was left to rot again, Riot needs to actually keep supporting it this time with tournaments and esports coverage. Anything less isn't going to work at this point and I think Riot actually does know that, which is why Feedski's GD still goes unanswered. They aren't willing to spend the resources right now, they're probably going to see the reception and player pool of the upcoming ARAM queue first.

*Except of course the death of the mode because no one would sit through 30 minutes of last second dodging anymore.
It seems that people find Riot's negligence and ignorance so hard to believe, that they come up with most complicated explanations just to try to preserve gram of faith in this company.

If your theory held any water, I don't think it would be so hard to give reply to Feedski even this short. Pax is no excuse, they could have sent something like that from smartphone. But it isn't the reason, of course.

I'm big fan parsimony principle.

And the last thing Dom needs is map rework. Map is great, I really don't want Riot to rape this amazing map with their creativity like they did with TT rework, which is really the most fail thing they ever did. After blunt mistakes they did to dominion, of course, like removing hidden elo and dodge penalty, and the new thing of theirs, which is completely ignoring and disrespecting us.

All the problems of dominion can be summed in one word and solved with one click. And you all know what it is.

urmamasllama

04-04-2013

I wasn't pulling that explanation out of nowhere it's extrapolated from posts made by nome at the end of season two.
I'm not saying that its right for them to handle the map like this but its what they are most likely still going with.
now given riot believes ranked won't be enough and nome's past history with TT chances are he is working on retooling the layout of the map.
now before you phreak out nome took a lot of player input on this exact subject back at the same time as well as a lot of other mechanics that players felt needed to be retooled.
Soon after the he made some cursory changes to make dominion more palatable and then disappeared.
I'm making logical assumptions based on past actions and statements it's just a bit of a long chain

lbgsloan

04-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloquid View Post
It seems that people find Riot's negligence and ignorance so hard to believe, that they come up with most complicated explanations just to try to preserve gram of faith in this company.

If your theory held any water, I don't think it would be so hard to give reply to Feedski even this short. Pax is no excuse, they could have sent something like that from smartphone. But it isn't the reason, of course.

I'm big fan parsimony principle.

And the last thing Dom needs is map rework. Map is great, I really don't want Riot to rape this amazing map with their creativity like they did with TT rework, which is really the most fail thing they ever did. After blunt mistakes they did to dominion, of course, like removing hidden elo and dodge penalty, and the new thing of theirs, which is completely ignoring and disrespecting us.

All the problems of dominion can be summed in one word and solved with one click. And you all know what it is.
Relaunch doesn't mean such a drastic change as TT got, it could just be a visual rework with some minor tweaks for balance (ie walls that can't be jumped by Kass, bottom lane that isn't so isolated from the rest of the match, etc.). The SR community has zero confidence in the mode at this point. They've convinced themselves it's imbalanced casual nonsense while mumbling,"Muh Magma Chamber." Which is funny because they wouldn't play that over SR either because they hate anything new; anyway it needs a re-imaging and re-branding. Nobody has to know the map and gameplay didn't actually change much, they just need to THINK it has.

Eyemite

04-05-2013

Didn't we try this already? From what I have read in other posts it seems like that method of getting riot's attention has lost some steam recently, but who know persistance may pay off.

Volandum

04-05-2013

Well we're above 430 pages now, so keep at it.