Need Help On How To Play AD Kog'Maw!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FuzzyCheeks

04-02-2013

Hey guys, it's FuzzyCheeks.

I recently played Kog'Maw last week when he was FTP. And...I'm kind of bad with him.
If you check my match history, out of the 6-7 matches with him, I only won 1.

SOOO...yeah! I need help guys! I watched some gameplay videos here and there. I have the basic idea of how to play him, what to level up first, and what to build on him.
These are the basic things that I know.

The problem is that the ADC role is my worst role. In teamfights, I don't know how to utilize all of his abilities and I panick...a lot! I panick mostly when a teamfight gets into a cluster**** and I don't even know what's going on. Sometimes, I just go in to AA the enemy ADC but then I realize that my position is terrible! AND... the Akali kills me in less than 2 seconds. Yup...

And not to mention, I know that Kog'Maw is the ADC that wrecks late game but he needs a CC heavy team that is able to protect him since he has no escapes/defense abilties besides his AOE slow which is kind of weak.

Basically, I would help from you guys.

Can you tell me...:

- Laning Tips
- Good supports that synergize well with Kog'Maw.
- What you guys like to build on AD Kog'Maw.
- How to fight against other popular ADC's/Support's such as Vayne, Ezreal, Miss Fortune, Caitlyn/ Taric, Sona, Lulu, Zyra
- Positioning with Kog'Maw
- How to fully utilize his skills
- Other things that you're able to tell me.

Thanks guys!

Strael

04-02-2013

Well, I am a mediocre/okay Kog'maw, and I will say that AD Kog is fairly straight forward:
You stay back away from everyone else, you max your W, and then in a Team fight, you right click their ADC or most-fed enemy champ that doesn't require you to go smack-dab into the middle of the fray. Hurricane also works VERY well for this.

For abilities, you'll generally just use W and E unless chasing with R (your puke ranged of super ultimate-ness). Q is more used for its passive Attack Speed buff. It's not often used in PvP fights due to it being much shorter range (I realize it lowers their armor/magic res, but....)

Berserker Greaves, Blade of the Ruined King (most will say Bloodthirster instead... both are viable, but I like the AS + on-use of BotRK), Infinity Edge, Runaan's Hurricane, I also like Statikk Shiv for the AS, crit, and minor movement speed boost for dodging skill shots, and a defensive item like Warmogs/Thornmail/Guardian Angel. Most will suggest GA. =)

jamesp103

04-03-2013

Kog is my main champ, so i will give some tips
For laning try stay back and farm while pocking the enemy adc and support with your ult.
The best supports for kog are usually ones with a stun for eg: taric, leona. My perso al favourite supps for him are sona, because of the consistant heals and nun for his slows and almost perma as boosts.
Try to position yourself near the back of the fight and use your w for range.
Thats just a few tips

FuzzyCheeks

04-03-2013

A little bump.

vortical42

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesp103 View Post
Kog is my main champ, so i will give some tips
For laning try stay back and farm while pocking the enemy adc and support with your ult.
The best supports for kog are usually ones with a stun for eg: taric, leona. My perso al favourite supps for him are sona, because of the consistant heals and nun for his slows and almost perma as boosts.
Try to position yourself near the back of the fight and use your w for range.
Thats just a few tips
I used to play Kog quite a bit and I have to disagree strongly with the suggestion to pair him with Taric or Leona. The problem isn't so much the characters themselves as the type of person they tend to attract. People pick that type of tanky melee support because they want to play aggressive. They want to push the lane, diving in on the enemy whenever they get a chance. Unfortunately, Kog has no way to follow up, the best you can do is pop his W and hope that the enemy panics and backs away. If not then it's a lose-lose. Either you play safe and get raged at for not engaging, or you dive in and risk giving your opponents a double kill.

tldr; unless you are in a premade or duo who you know will hang back and play defensively, don't let your support go Taric or Leona.