Do you think that Wriggle's Lantern's proc should work on a hit counter?

Yes 13 68.42%
No 6 31.58%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

[POLL] Should Wriggle's Lantern work on a hit-counter instead of chance?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yousonerfed

04-02-2013

One thing that's always bugged me about Wriggle's Lantern is how random its proc is. Sometimes I could get 3 straight hits on a Lizard Elder with it, while at other times it doesn't proc even once against an Ancient Golem or Dragon. Huge painintheass.

What I think needs to be done is that Wriggle's should work on a hit-counter. Now, before you say "That'd make jungle steals too easy", I'm thinking of it being more akin to Diana's passive, in that the hit counter reverts to 0 if you don't attack for a few seconds.

Here's a rough description:

Quote:
Every 4th (or 5th) basic attack deals Y bonus magic damage to the target if it is a minion or monster. The hit counter will reset to 0 after 3.5 seconds of not autoattacking.
Granted, Riot would have to recalculate the amount of bonus damage dealt to make it about the same average damage as what Wriggle's does now, but ultimately this would greatly increase consistency.

Vote above if you think this is a good idea.

awkwardbowman

04-02-2013

It could work like a nocturn timer too. Set CD length that shortens on auto attacks.

It just bugs me when i do that one last hit to help leash blue for my mid and it procs and barely kills the buff. I usually pay attention to make sure, but it's just a hassle and this could be a nice change instead of having me panic that i'm gonna steal the blue.

Omoshu

04-02-2013

I think it should work either like what you said, or just adds 125 bonus magic damage to auto attacks against minions.

Yousonerfed

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omoshu View Post
I think it should work either like what you said, or just adds 125 bonus magic damage to auto attacks against minions.
125 per AA? That would be ridiculously OP.

Teranoid

04-02-2013

This would definitely help me when I play jungle GP, keep track of the counter so I properly time his Q.

A Disconnection

04-03-2013

Or it could be built into a new item, like the Lightbringer.

Omoshu

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yousogreat View Post
125 per AA? That would be ridiculously OP.
It would be the same amount of damage, just instead of a 25% chance, you would have a 100% chance to hit 1/4 the amount.

M8a

04-03-2013

theme wise coming from an item that does damage on-hit to a chance to deal damage is inconsistent, so making it so the madreds razor is at a steady 125 (or maybe 100 true) damage per hit makes more sense, also the madreds should be the component for the spirit of the lizard elder instead of the spirit stone, since junglers that build it use more AA than abilities

Yousonerfed

04-07-2013

Bump.