There seems to be no lag compensation; game is unplayable.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Argothman

04-02-2013

When I play there is a delay comparable to my ping for every server-related input. Movement, attacking, even damage being registered is ever so slightly delayed according to my ping. I get 100~ ping, and it's too weird to play the game properly. I play many other games just fine with no internet problems.

Owwlex

Recruiter

04-03-2013

It can be a number of factors, some days there are network problems that'll result in bad ping, some games just have a bad connection, could actually be your internet having a problem. Those are just a couple I could think of.

XxR4MP4G3RxX

04-04-2013

having the same problem, but i spike up to 1000+ ping making the game almost unplayable and hard to win.

Dataslave

Adjudicator

04-04-2013

Can you guys post your system specs and logs?

Is this issue every game, or just some games? Wired or wireless? Have you restarted your router/modem/computer?

Are you guys 100% positive there's nothing else on your network going on? Hulu, steam, youtube, bittorrent, there's all sorts of things someone in your household can do that tanks your lol ping.

AKJAWASI

04-05-2013

Hey Dataslave, how can I go about finding my system specs/logs? I have some issues I'd like to report, but I don't know where to find all of that information. Thanks.

Dataslave

Adjudicator

04-05-2013

Click on the link in my previous post

Argothman

04-07-2013

It's every game, and it doesn't seem to be because of my connection. I play every other game 100% smoothly. It just seems like league isn't compensating for my ping when it comes to server related actions like movement. When I click to move the icon comes up immediately, but the movement seems delayed bit a slight bit, but enough to mess up gameplay.

AKJAWASI

04-08-2013

Ah I'm sorry! I didn't notice that there was a link there.

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

04-08-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argothman View Post
It's every game, and it doesn't seem to be because of my connection. I play every other game 100% smoothly. It just seems like league isn't compensating for my ping when it comes to server related actions like movement. When I click to move the icon comes up immediately, but the movement seems delayed bit a slight bit, but enough to mess up gameplay.
We have an option for this called Movement Prediction in more options. You're character will begin to move immediately after issuing a command as your client tries to predict where the server will put you. It has no actual effect on when your character begins moving however.