Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sejuani Relaunch is LIVE on the PBE!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hakuna Matater

04-02-2013

Thank you for your hard work guys. The new visuals look really good! Like other people already mentioned, it would be better if you guys can make skill E and R more noticeable!
I really miss that ice cage of R!!

Also, I feel like you guys took away slows and gave damage instead.
I have been reading Korean forums.
They were wondering if it is a big of a deal to keep the duration of slow for skill E, permafrost for 3 seconds all throughout the levels like before?
and turn the speed reduction back to 30/40/50/60/70 %?
I thought Sejuani was a tanker full of slows.
I do not know if it is only me, but first jungle run seems pretty difficult also.

Vsin

04-02-2013

YES! YES! SO MUCH BETTER!

Thank goodness, after that Karma debacle I was worried that Riot would botch not one but two champion reworks. Thankfully, this new Sejuani manages to keep the same overall feel while improving the mechanics. Then again, old Sejuani was just "Run in and press ALL the buttons" so the feel is probably a lot easier here :P

- Free Armor? Yes please. The one thing old Sej lacked was any form of self-defense, and that's what she gets now. Also does wonders for her jungle.

- Q change is...actually a bit mixed for me. The range dropped significantly, in return for better non-AP scaling damage. I guess it's a net win in the long run though, especially since her charging speed is a lot faster as well.

- W change is definitely welcome, although I'm mildly annoyed that the % HP scale went down from 20% Bonus to 16%. Then again, we don't have that dumb rank scaling junk, so I guess it's all good.

- Frost now applies to anything she hits? So much better than relying on AAs. Granted, the 10% slow is gone, but in return Permafrost now gets a better slow at lower ranks. I guess it kinda makes it really easy to re-apply the slow to multiple targets, but then again Sejuani is supposed to be the queen of slows so it should be fine.

- If you miss, her Ult is a nerf. If you hit, her Ult is a buff, but only slightly. The main thing seems to be that the AoE radius seems to be slightly smaller than before, in return for all targets affected sharing the same CC instead of the primary being 2s Stun with the rest being 1s Stun. I guess that's fair.

IReadForFun

04-02-2013

Personally, I hate the changes. People have been crying about a trundle rework for ages, and you changed his abilities slightly while still keeping the same feel. I feel you failed to do this with sej.
The changes on sej's W are radical considering it was her core ability. I really don't care if people complained that they wanted more visual recognition of her flail, changing her core move was not the way to go IMO. E had next to no animation at all, that would've been the better route to take to include the flail in some way (smashing ground, whipping around her, etc.)
The change to her q made you sap too much strength from her other abilities.
Passive is better, yes, but you just used it as an excuse to lower her base stats, also further lowering her health and damage from w as a result.
You changed the visual on her R too much. I can't see teams knowing that 'now is the time to strike' as easily as they used to with the entire enemy team in ice crystals.
Bristle no longer looks like a lovable boar.

On the plus side: I like the traditional skin idea. I think the new voice is ok. The new lore is great, and I don't know if you did or not, but I feel the terrain recognition on the q jump is better. Skins look way better too, I will def buy the next one that is on sale.

This is coming from a player with ~25 ranked sej games and a 72% win rate with her. Played many more games than that with her, but just started doing ranked around a month ago.

xethik

04-02-2013

Her W just looks a bit awkward, especially on the down swing. Am I the only one who feels this way?

Fuey500

Recruiter

04-02-2013

Wondering: Will the traditional skin be like the karma one which has no change or will it be her actual good default?

Also: will her other skins be kept the same IE have traditional skins with them? i kinda don't want dark rider to get ruined.

Also again, i prefer the boar over the bear/tiger/THING

Miirik

04-02-2013

Hey, I was on 4chan and someone posted this picture of her new W. https://images.4chan.org/vg/src/1364936979582.jpg

Is the new W massively nerfed or just made to scale incredibly well with health late game?

Mind you, this is W at level 5

initial damage from auto: 120 + 10 = 130
4 seconds of damage: 240 + 16% your max health (109) + 21 = 370
370 + 130 = 500 damage BEFORE resistances all together over 4 seconds. Remember he has a tome and ancient golem jungle item. So this makes me wonder if she is being made more into a tanky/AP champ. Give her Ancient Golem, Rylai's, Liandry's, Sorc Shoes. Then last 2 defensive items building against whatever you need to.

is this damage ticking every second or is it the total accumulated damage over the 4 seconds?

Strossus Gran

04-02-2013

Played a game with the new Seju and I'm digging what you're doing with her. She seems much more connected thematically with Bristle and her flail and the armor is still attractive, very female barbarian.

Now that my brown nosing is out of the way, time for the critique part >.> <.<

- Her body seems small, I was zoomed in when I warped back to fountain and Sejuani was tiiiiiny next to a Malzahar on top of me. I realize she can't be the same size as others due to Bristle being so large, but you might consider scaling her up a little so she doesn't look like a midget riding a pig.

- Oh yeah, Bristle is a pig, right? Because...his profile is, as some others have stated, very leonine and from certain angles it looks like he has Rengar's face with a slightly different nose. Any chance of changing some proportions there to make him look a bit more porcine?

- Her movement and attack animations seem a bit slow and weightless, similar to the problem Annie's run had, but it also applies to her AA too. It may be something that will iron out with future iterations, just feels a bit disconnected from the game at the moment.

- Another issue I have with her AA is the sound. I get that its supposed to be the sound of a block of ice hitting something, but it sounds like a block of ice hitting another block of ice, which is a heck of a sound isolator so it comes off sounding kind of dull and flat. This flatness also affects her W proc'ing Frost. Compared to the heavy, solid sound of her E and R which almost sound like a chunk of heavy metal striking ice, or that sharp, icy explosion of her old E it just doesn't pop.

- The visual cue for her W is a lot less pronounced and doesn't give you a very good idea of its range, and is easily lost in the commotion of a fight. Also the AA reset it gives you seems a bit stiff, like the chain doesn't move enough in her flail. The angle of the chain when she spins it also seems stiff and weird, and she spins it slowly enough it doesn't feel like it would be able to stay in the air, let alone raising up an icy whirlwind.

- Last bit is the new frost visual cue...love that Coated with ice, very easy to tell when someone is afflicted.

Balance-wise and numbers...dunno, seems stronger, but I'm not sure overall how they shake out. I miss the old coyote ugly dance but I like her rodeo riding more, thematically...oh right, the cycling on her dance is a bit off so it seems to jerk a bit when it starts the cycle over, might be something you could smooth out so its a continuous dance.

Thanks for the remake on the big big pig girl

Para

04-02-2013

I liked the old classic Sejuani more when she showed some hair under the helmet. Gives her a little more feminine look to it. However I love the body armour. Its almost perfect... Just needs some hair.

Hakuna Matater

04-02-2013

-

That Ranger Dude

04-02-2013

Disregard.