Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Trundle Relaunch is LIVE on the PBE!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Borand

04-02-2013

I liked the old VoiceOver way more. The art is nice

EDIT:His Lore; I think it's bad.

BadgerDrool

04-02-2013

Quote:
TheMeta88:
I do not want to say I hate him but...you killed Trundle. This just is not trundle. I just do not know anyway to put it. In the other champions you have done full blown re launches on I got it. But with Trundle...he is a troll and he has a big club. THAT IS IT! That and maybe abilities.

Ah this reminds me. Old Trundle sold a majority of his personality through his voice acting. His lore was iffy but his in game really sold it. I do not think the new trundles VO shares Trundles personality nearly as well. New Trundle's lore bio is where we really see the mischief maker and that's likely not enough. Fixing up his new VO may be hard but, I'd highly suggest reconsidering the pacing/writing of some of his lines to better show Trundle off. He sounds like a King obsessed Troll now which is alien to his old personality. (Most frequent VO lines involve being King)

@ The Meta. He's still got some decent goofiness. His dance, if you look closely, makes his head bigger. His Q animation is pretty funny. From in game camera he still has a similar silhouette. His abilities look different but they all feel the same. His run sometimes looks like the old one, though I'd like to see that more often.

So I'm a bit curious what you think he's missing. What part of old Trundle do you think was lost that was key to his personality?

I'm very seriously asking by the way. I pretty much hate the Karma rework and am not seeing what you see in the Trundle rework. So I want to understand your POV.

Oh and
Quote:
Have him smash the ground and then a pillar comes up.

YES! More flailing the club around in general please. More floor smashing. More people smashing.

Quote:
Borand:
I liked the old VoiceOver way more.

Same but, I think the new voice actually suits his body. So it's a gripe I'm a bit more forgiving about. Also, thinking about Sweetums makes everything about it better. (PS: Make him say "WAIT FOR ME!" sometimes ;P)

Kyattsu

04-02-2013

That isn't Trundle... the personality and the feel of what that character was is totally gone. Old Trundle has so much more depth to personality and is quirkier, funnier and overall more likable (and relatable)

This troll couldn't be more generic and boring in personality and look... the animations are great, as is the quality of the model, but it is honestly awful that you would take a character and replace everything about them. The lore makes this guy detestable and a truly awful character.

Can't even say how disappointed I am with this :/

Dioxinis

04-02-2013

His auto attack sounds are really bad with the new skins i suggest taking another look at those sounds or just replacing them with the old ones

also i dont know if im just paranoid but it feels like the bite is not the same level of speed as his auto attack causing him to sieze up a bit when attack moving

also traditional trundle where?

MugenNightmare

04-02-2013

Trundle's Q (As you mentioned) can steal Tower's Attack Damage. This is also true for Dragon/Drake and Baron Nashor.

Trundle can also use his ultimate ON Baron Nashor and Dragon/Drake. Essentially stealing everything they have.

doombotMECHA

04-02-2013

the "troll judge, troll jury, and execu...troll" line may not be a homestuck reference, but I'm taking it as one. thanks riot

Big O

04-02-2013

Trundle's lines during taunts,jokes, and abilities seem to be on the low side. Increasing the volume would be nice. Trundle's auto attack sound (the club hittting) doesn't work sometimes. I'm not sure what causes it to not be played

Also, Trundle's Q works on towers but not inhibitors. Not sure if intended

Titiln

04-02-2013

junkyard trundle particle suggestion:
Q remains the same, save the empowered club part. The club turns a shade of brown instead of blue.

W is changed to a brown/grey mist instead.

E summons a car or something, something besides a chunk of ice, wouldn't make sense thematically.

R is changed to black/brown particles.

That's all I'm hoping for.

Titiln

04-02-2013

Quote:
MugenNightmare:
Trundle's Q (As you mentioned) can steal Tower's Attack Damage. This is also true for Dragon/Drake and Baron Nashor.

Trundle can also use his ultimate ON Baron Nashor and Dragon/Drake. Essentially stealing everything they have.

It used to be able to do that.

Yamanga

04-02-2013

I wish you would have kept the previous trundle voice, I like it a lot better