Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Champion rework: Trundle, the Troll King

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krinsot

04-02-2013

to be honest I don't like the rework..and hope that this is just a late april fools joke

Trundle was a Champion I liked not because he was a badass but because of his lore.

he was selfless, he was working to free his people from a disease that was making them suffer, and used his more rapid healing to take the cursed disease not just from one or two of his kind but from ALL of them, he was suffering for them so that they wouldn't suffer, and was fighting to find a cure so that they wouldn't have to fear it again.

it made him stand out among the other champions in my opinion and now...well now we got a cookie cutter troll that just wants to bash heads and rule stuff...instead of the symbol of selflessness Trundle used to be

zlefin

04-02-2013

boooo. I oppose this; this is jsut sloppy work riot; these champs dont' need rework; if a champ is weak or underplayed, they don't; need a full rework, you just need to buff them so they aren't so weak. You're wasting effort on unnecessary and unwanted reworks for things that can be easily fixed with simple buffs and QoL changes; and maybe a few simple graphical tweaks.

YOU DONT NEED A REWORK FOR WEAK CHAMPS, SIMPLE BUFFS WILL SUFFICE.

FilthySaint

04-02-2013

I think this a good rework, but would have loved it to have been a different champion altogether.
I'm still in preference for the original. In the least, lose the extra healing and return the cc reduction to his W. It's a part of his core feel and I'm not willing to see it go.

I liked his original story: a tale of torment, a chance at redemption ending in unrecognized sacrifice, and of loneliness. He was somewhat of an anti or tragic hero and a Byronic one as well.

Now, he's got a new personality: devious and mischievous. Willing to do what it takes for the greater good, I suppose, but I'm not looking forward.
It's a fine character development, just not the same as what he once was and loved for.

I'll probably still play Trundle and enjoy him the all same, but I prefer like what he was.

Killrazor

04-02-2013

cool

Qiff

04-02-2013

Riot you just trolled Trundle...
But at least we have Traditional Skin.

The MechE

04-02-2013

So just to get this straight, you took Trundle, who was a good guy, and changed him into a ******bag?

Wizzardwartz

04-02-2013

@Reds, So you nerfed his Q really hard? Did it really lose both the AD buff and the enemy AD debuff?

Ira et Tolio

04-02-2013

Fix his lore damnit!

eska joe

04-02-2013

Please dont make junkyyard trundle have an ice pillar, atleast leave him with the old one.

Jaghut Tyrant

04-02-2013

I personally think his old lore was way more compelling and moving, and I have a hard believe his walk animation is nearly as cool as the original. Will it be included in the 'traditional skin'? I was playing Trundle when he came out, and I adore it so.

It's not that I don't like the new Trundle-- it looks like you guys worked hard on it and have done a great job on him. I'm just going to miss the old one. His old personality had a lot more character than this aggressive alpha troll - to have, because of your regenerative super power, taken on a horrifying disease for your whole tribe, only to be rejected by them and find our later that it will bring them to extinction, and upon learning this deny them the re-infecting cure?? That **** is DEEP. Now he's just a 'great warrior' with a 'legendary weapon' who will 'lead his people to glorious battle'. zzzz

Besides that it looks pretty sweet.

Quote:
Fluffum:
At least you're not nuking his kit.

Im gonna miss the crowd control reduction, but the new bite slow and disrupt on his pillar are welcome. The ult seems better-- I was a fan of ulting their tank to become a tank myself and dive their carry, so % of health damage will be more useful there.