Champion rework: Trundle, the Troll King

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Art336

04-08-2013

New story kind of takes away his badassness and makes him a bit of a sniveling coward imo. Now instead of being stronger than his entire tribe put together, he's the runt of the pact that hides behind the skirt of the Ice Witch.

What a troll.

Vajramokhsa

04-08-2013

previous trundle is better

S7urmS7ad

04-08-2013

What a horrible idea. you're completely destroying everything that's great about this champion's personality. I don't mind the idea of a new skin but now we have YET ANOTHER ice based champion, and one less swampy disease ridden scallywag.

My favorite champion seems destined to be turned to the "meh" side

Zaechs

04-08-2013

So, will they update the images for trundle, or do you just have to take it on faith that the stuff has changed... I know in game models are changed, but that makes no sense why you haven't changed the selection and purchase imagery... makes no sense and poor advert for new players... If you change it, change the whole thing.

Herenzious

04-08-2013

So they took out Trundle, and made a new champion called Trundle. lol

Cozmic Hipster

04-08-2013

Honestly, this would have been a good skin, but not as an entire rework, its too big of a change.

Bilbo Batten

04-08-2013

If they fix his traditional model so that it doesn't have ice particles I can at least pretend they didn't butt **** one of my favorite champs. I will forever miss the hobble.

Bilbo Batten

04-08-2013

I would have loved this if it were just a legendary skin.

Lexinus

04-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAPD 12 View Post
I'm hoping it's not just me, but I definitely feel that this visual upgrade and rework were necessary for our favorite troll so get some love. But I'm also probably not the only one who feels that his new model and back story aren't the same trundle we fell in love with. I know I connected with Trundle, as he was the only one who could burden the curse of his entire clan, and he did it anyways because he knew he had to. I'm not even sure if I'll be interested in playing trundle once the rework comes out with all that's been done to him...
Are you saying that you only play champs you relate to? So you're an outcast, smelly troll?

SamuraiMunky

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2013

i must say, i am a bit disappointed in the lore rewrite. not in the sense of it being bad or a cool background; just one that i feel conflicts with his benevolent past.

trundle (current) chose to undergo the ritual to remove a plague from his people. He martyrs himself for the good of his tribe. This new trundle, is willing to kill his own people and also offer them up as an army.

so i am disappointed that his rewrite has completely changed the good-willed trundle i got to know, i would have liked that altruism to have stayed.