Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Amatuer division and Tourney changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DSpyder

04-03-2013

Quote:
NamKim:
Fancy Wolf, I've been sitting here for the past 40 minutes trying to figure out what I'm going to tell you. But I cannot do it in a not-condescending way. Mostly because I think some of your ideas are so bad and just lacks any type of foresight. That...and you're not someone who can handle my punches...I should say kicks since we both did Tae-kwon-Do. But don't feel bad. Most people can't.

So, I'll just say this. I hope I'm wrong and that you're right. But I highly recommend that you seriously think over some of these ideas and get second and third opinions.

Edit: This is probably the last I will post on this. All together, I think this little...controversy that you created has costed me 6+ hours of my time. Most of it me writing some long post only to delete it. So, when you guys finally decide on something, contact me.

Also, look around you. You have divided the Dominion community more than any other person I have met before. It's not because they're greedy. It's because they legitimately believe what you are trying to do is bad for Dominion, bad for DD, and just plain bad.

And this is the exact reason why a council format may not be the best idea to further the growth of DD or Dominion.

A post like that is utterly worthless and does nothing to further anything. Disagreement is fine, but the above does nothing to point out any perceived flaws and/or solution. All it does is widen the chasm between parties.

DSpyder

04-03-2013

Also, I think most of you confuse competition with parity and/or skill. Showing a stomped in all of it's glory does shows competition, being that all competition is two or more parties/entities striving for the same goal/prize. It does show skill and lack there of, but it also displays a gigantic lack of parity between the 2 teams that are matched. This does turn some people off to DD and in it's own way, stunts the growth of the tournament. That said, I don't see a way to solve that issue in a manner that is not overbearing and heavy hand towards the best teams. Maybe giving the top 4 teams a 2 round bye is the answer. I do not know.

Question: How is seeding determined for teams in the next DD, when you have several teams that lose in the same round?

SuperQuackDuck

04-03-2013

Quote:
NamKim:
Fancy Wolf, I've been sitting here for the past 40 minutes trying to figure out what I'm going to tell you. But I cannot do it in a not-condescending way. Mostly because I think some of your ideas are so bad and just lacks any type of foresight. That...and you're not someone who can handle my punches...I should say kicks since we both did Tae-kwon-Do. But don't feel bad. Most people can't.

So, I'll just say this. I hope I'm wrong and that you're right. But I highly recommend that you seriously think over some of these ideas and get second and third opinions.

Edit: This is probably the last I will post on this. All together, I think this little...controversy that you created has costed me 6+ hours of my time. Most of it me writing some long post only to delete it. So, when you guys finally decide on something, contact me.

Also, look around you. You have divided the Dominion community more than any other person I have met before. It's not because they're greedy. It's because they legitimately believe what you are trying to do is bad for Dominion, bad for DD, and just plain bad.

Wtf? I just spent 5 mins re-reading what you wrote trying to figure out if you had a point to make other than to sound condescending. You say you're trying not to be but i'm pretty sure you failed spectacularly because it was just unadulterated condescension without supporting arguments. Unless it was in a previous post then you didnt even have to post this one.
Next time... Can you at least read your own post first if you think it'll sound condescending?

IronAegis

04-03-2013

Quote:
NamKim:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8OxKx6zKkQ

War1eader

04-03-2013

Quote:
NamKim:
Fancy Wolf, I've been sitting here for the past 40 minutes trying to figure out what I'm going to tell you. But I cannot do it in a not-condescending way. Mostly because I think some of your ideas are so bad and just lacks any type of foresight...

Seems harsh and not accurate.

LuckoftheD

04-03-2013

Nam's post is exactly like this clip from Curb Your Enthusiasm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhyGlGgXMxY

In other words, it's laughable to claim to not be something [condescending] and then prove explicitly with every sentence thereafter that you were.

Good stuff.

Orphane

04-03-2013

I think people are getting a little carried away with all the goddamn personal attacks, whether it's basically calling Fancy a troll or claiming that the top teams are the 1% conspiracy or some stupid **** like that. Keep that **** out of the discussion.

Everyone here wants to grow and improve Dominion's appeal to newer players and the competitive scene. It's perfectly okay for people to have different ideas about what a competitive environment means, and whether or not the entry barrier to DD is too high and what can be done about it.Please don't start grandstanding and whipping up rhetoric to obfuscate the core issues here. Take a deep breath, people.

wingstreet

04-03-2013

im really curious how fancy has divided the community. this thread is probably done anyways. just a bunch of pointless bickering sadly. the only thing i don't really like is removing revive. it's going to be the meta when teams practice so how are they suppose to deal with that? i don't see why a new tournament would need to be made. unless of course there is some ridiculous drama that isn't clear here.

Weeks1

04-04-2013

Quote:
Orphane:
I think people are getting a little carried away with all the goddamn personal attacks, whether it's basically calling Fancy a troll or claiming that the top teams are the 1% conspiracy or some stupid **** like that. Keep that **** out of the discussion.

Everyone here wants to grow and improve Dominion's appeal to newer players and the competitive scene. It's perfectly okay for people to have different ideas about what a competitive environment means, and whether or not the entry barrier to DD is too high and what can be done about it.Please don't start grandstanding and whipping up rhetoric to obfuscate the core issues here. Take a deep breath, people.
I could not agree more. This can be a perfectly fruitful discussion if we agree to participate civilly.

Even if Fancy Wolf was trolling, or if there was a 1% conspiracy or whatever, that is beside the point, and that point is to generate interest in Dominion.

Weeks1

04-04-2013

Quote:
wingstreet:
this thread is probably done anyways. just a bunch of pointless bickering sadly.
That is a gross exaggeration. You can't just claim a thread has ended in an attempt to stifle discussion, and there were quite a few well thought out posts here.