What should i do once i get to lvl 30?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OBI SWAGG

04-02-2013

I just got to level 30 and I have been told not to dive straight into rank. What else should I know? Anything about masteries and runes or anything I should know about champions at this level, anything is helpful.

GoombaStompin

Recruiter

04-02-2013

Take some time to enjoy the game =) when most hit 30 they're so used to grinding to gain levels that they stubbornly hop into ranked to continue the grind. Back in season 1, I didn't play ranked for months apon months after hitting level 30. Instead I trained hard with friends and focused on becoming a better player. When I played my placements I placed gold. I think it was well worth.

Play as many free week champs as you can. Be picky about what you spend your IP on. You're gunna want 3 fully completed Rune Pages to use in your games.

Gl and happy gaming!

~
I'm starting my new Stream Show where I'll be doing free Diamond Lessons/Coaching from 4pm-6pm PST Monday through Friday. The show is brand new, so if you wanna drop by the stream or add me in game, we can probably find some one on one time for coaching. www.twitch.tv/goombastompin

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2013

Once you achieve level 30(Congratulations by the way), the best thing to do is get a Rune Page and masteries for each role.

You should have at least one good champion with each role and a Rune Page and masteries to support that champion before going into ranked. You should also have a role you excel at, and explain that's your best role when entering ranked.

Honestly, I feel its best to have 3 people for each role, and 5+ for your main role. Each champion you have for each role should do something the other cannot. For Instance, don't pick Darius and Garen to learn for top lane.

As far as Rune pages go... you need AT LEAST 5, I personally have 20 and I don't have enough, honestly. Each role needs different runes for ranked, and runes are extremely important. I know the game is free, but if you spend 5 bucks on this game you'll get your money's worth I promise.

Masteries are another important piece of the puzzle, make sure you have one made for each champion you'll use. It may seem Trivial to have 2 different pages for 2 more AD on one page or 3 mana regen per 5 on another, but it makes a difference.

The best approach(wish I'd been told this) is to buy 5 champions one for each role, then work on rune pages for each of them with your IP. After you get them done, buy a champion and if you need more runes for it, get them.

If you have the cash to spend, I'd highly recommend buying the champion bundle as its a superb deal for the cost, and it will give you a good base amount of champions(Also wish someone would have told me to do this before I bought half of them.)

You really do need a hefty sum of Rune pages/masteries to succeed in ranked, and again congratulations.

GingerificGaming

04-02-2013

When you hit level 30 DO NOT PLAY RANKED. You are still a noob. It doesnt matter if you are level 30. I highly doubt that you are even silver material. Playing ranked right off the bat with no runes and unorganized masteries is going to drag you to bronze 5 and drag people trying to get out of bronze down lower.

Get at least 4 pages of runes. ( support, jungle, adc, apc, bruiser / tank ) Make them generic runes that are basic for most roles. Make your masteries good for you champion. If you are playing adc please dont go something crazy like 0-21-9. Go 21-0-9 or 21-9-0 depending on the champ.

Master at least 5 - 8 champs per lane, know counters, how to lane and farm. If you get 30 CS in 15 min at top lane then you are no where near ready for ranked. If the enemy picks teemo and you know he is top lane, and you pick darius b/c hes "OP", you are not ready for ranked. Even though i said 5 - 8 champs, make sure you have 3 of your fav champs per lane. Champs that you have fun with not the "OP" champs.

DONT DO MAINSTREAM BANS. mainstream bans are : malphite, shen, blitz, darius, etc. Ban people that usually win games or you see often such as hecarim, rumble, kayle, etc.

Master the map. Map control is key to victory. If you pick up 3 wards per game then you are not doing your job. Everytime you go to lane you should have 1-2 wards there and when you recall you shud try to pick up a ward if needed. Pink ward objectives such as buffs and boss monsters. Call mias / miss EVERYTIME they leave your lane.

Communication is key to winning. Flaming is not a good source of communication lol. Giving positive feed back and saying how to improve really raises people morals.

Rg Toad

04-02-2013

kind of depends on what past experience you have... like i play with a bunch of buddies that are diamond/platinum smurfing their way through while i play normally, so i think i'll jump into ranked after i get my 4-5 rune pages plus like 15 solid champions and another 10 or so ones i'm okay with. tbh ranked isn't as scary as people make it out to be if you played a lot of wc3 dota or competitive dota 2 you can probably compete in silver 3 easily.

But yea learning a good mixture of hero's is a good idea, than when that is done learn which role you favor and practice the **** out of it, by doing practice 1v1 lanes with friends or 2v2's with adc's and supports, or just playing a bunch of scrims as jungler, since you should be trying to eventually join a team since solo queue really doesn't matter.