Should we be allowed to report in pregame lobby? (ranked)

Yes 22 84.62%
No 4 15.38%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

We should be able to report in Lobby

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galrash

04-02-2013

Case in point:

This guy > xXxBlazeIt420xXx

He entered the ranked lobby and immediately said "mid or I feed. if I get mad I'm gonna feed"

We, his teammates, asked him not to feed and told him not to play ranked games if he was going to intentionally ruin it for everyone.

He responded "Say 3 more things and I feed"

the discussion continued, and then he started spamming about how he was feeding the whole game and the enemy Caitlyn was going to have 3 kills before minions spawn, etc.

Obviously we quit out and didn't go through with the match. But that's ridiculous.

We really need the ability to boot people, OR report them, from the in game lobby. Especially if its ranked with this kind of immaturity.

DekiHarder

04-02-2013

When you see that kinda stuff happen, screenshot it and send a ticket to Support manually. I've actually seen Riot take action against that kinda stuff.

That's the best solution for ya at the moment.

Elanorien

Recruiter

04-02-2013

While I desperately want some kind of solution for situations like that, and have also considered wanting a report option at select....I don't think it would work. I think they'd spammed with a lot of false reports from people simply being upset they didn't get the position they want. And all those report threats we see people spew out in game would pop up in select, causing more negativity and making it more difficult to be productive and create a balanced, winning team.

I totally understand why you want it, and I really do hope Riot can come up with something to curb that behavior...but I think the cons outweigh the pros in this instance.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekiHarder View Post
When you see that kinda stuff happen, screenshot it and send a ticket to Support manually. I've actually seen Riot take action against that kinda stuff.

And also this.

Shavrago

04-02-2013

no, that is completely stupid. he wasted 2 minutes of your time, get over it. The report system is broke as it is, we don't need another way for trolls to threaten you.case in point :
4 people come into the group together
"go support or well all report."
you either play or get reported, its giving them weapons

Galrash

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shavrago View Post
no, that is completely stupid. he wasted 2 minutes of your time, get over it. The report system is broke as it is, we don't need another way for trolls to threaten you.case in point :
4 people come into the group together
"go support or well all report."
you either play or get reported, its giving them weapons

non-issue in ranked.

a report/kick in lobby would have to require 4v1 voting or something for anything to really happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekiHarder View Post

I wish I would have done that, someone quit before I had a chance to. Good to know for the future though

Galrash

04-04-2013

Bump!

Just got queued again tonight with the same guy in solo queue lol.

I called him out on the other night and his response was "The same rule still applies today"

added that information to the ticket, but idk. Is there any way to make it so that you don't get queued with them again? lol

Player Someone

04-04-2013

I like freedom.

gchromium

04-04-2013

While it sounds good in practice, an issue that many other people have raised is that reporting in lobby or kicking someone from lobby can easily be abused. Anytime someone picks what others would consider a "troll" pick, such as anything that doesn't fit square within the current meta, the other four are so inflexible or hell-bent on you picking a certain champion that they would instantly report you for "trolling" because you picked someone they didn't like.

Extacide

04-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchromium View Post
While it sounds good in practice, an issue that many other people have raised is that reporting in lobby or kicking someone from lobby can easily be abused. Anytime someone picks what others would consider a "troll" pick, such as anything that doesn't fit square within the current meta, the other four are so inflexible or hell-bent on you picking a certain champion that they would instantly report you for "trolling" because you picked someone they didn't like.
If the Tribunal is apparently good enough to hold up against the mass of reports coming from games, then it should be able to discern guilty players in the lobby too. Going out of our way to screenshot chatlogs and send tickets to riot to report solo queue trolls is like 3-8 minutes of work for what amounted to 30s of trolling. There has to be a better way.

gchromium

04-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extacide View Post
If the Tribunal is apparently good enough to hold up against the mass of reports coming from games, then it should be able to discern guilty players in the lobby too. Going out of our way to screenshot chatlogs and send tickets to riot to report solo queue trolls is like 3-8 minutes of work for what amounted to 30s of trolling. There has to be a better way.

While I certainly agree with you on the punishment side of things, this sort of "heckler's veto" would prevent you from playing the game. Let's say you want to play Dinger, but the first queue you're in doesn't want you to and kicks you out for doing so using this vote mechanic. Then the second queue does the same thing. And so forth ad infinitum.
The Tribunal would prevent you from getting punished by Riot, but the players have effectively prevented you from playing the character you want to play as, because they think you're "trolling" by picking someone they don't like. This extends not just to characters but also summoner spells. I've been in a number of games now where people have told me not to pick spells I find mesh best with the character I'm playing and my play-style. What if you get voted out and punished because you had the "wrong" summoner spells, i.e. spells someone else disagreed with? The potential for griefing is just too high.