New To Level 30 Need Some Help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LawlStep

04-02-2013

I just recently hit lvl 30 and ive started to play ranked as Nasus Solo Top and i was wondering is Nasus a good choice to be my main I really enjoy him and I Seem to be doing fine in some games as long as im not against a unconventional top lane character i have only played 4 of my 10 placement matches heres my lolking (http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/39501942#profile) any help would be nice thanks

Freyjana

04-02-2013

I'm only about to hit level 30 myself, but one piece of advice I would offer is to not necessarily pick a 'main', but maybe a main of each role type (ADC, support, top, jungle).

You won't always be able to get your champ and it might not always mesh well with your team comp. It's good to remain flexible and always be able to bring something to the team.

LawlStep

04-02-2013

yeah i main top i was kinda just wondering if he would be a acceptable main cause everyone kinda has there main that they will play if they can right ?

GoombaStompin

Recruiter

04-02-2013

In the end I can assure you that you will always go farther playing champs you love/enjoy. Its truly as simple as that. If you're excited to play, and are having fun when you ladder you'll go twice as far.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2013

I really hate that you're playing a character you're not comfortable with yet in ranked.

AlexanderXI

04-02-2013

In ranked, it's suggested to know a couple champs in every role. Team comp tends to be a bit more heavily stressed in ranked games so be prepared to get shoved into other roles every now and then.

parnellyx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2013

Nasus is a pretty decent solo top if he is against a low harass top. Based on your LoLking you NEED and i stress NEED to farm more. Having 50-90 CS in 30+ minute games are really bad, especially as Nasus. The key to Nasus top is to just farm up your Q as much as you can until mid game, where you will then rape everyone and be unkillable. Dont worry too much about harassing as Nasus unless they get close(Then you Q them). If you take too much damage just buy a lot of health pots early and rush a lot of Armor

LawlStep

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph´roth View Post
I really hate that you're playing a character you're not comfortable with yet in ranked.
Never said I was not comfortable playing Nasus I'm very comfortable playing Nasus im just not sure wether he would be a character that would be a good idea to take as my "Main" as in a character that fits in the current meta in a way that when I pick him people wont get extremely mad at me because the character is useless.

Moragtao

04-02-2013

Nasus can be a good top laner. The only problem is how easy he is to counter. Anyone who has any ranged abilities (be it AA, spammable skills, exc.) can dominate him in laning phase and keep him from farming up his Q.

I wouldn't say to never play him, but IMO, there are better choices for a main top laner.