What to do about Kassidin?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ynthrepic

04-02-2013

A tired thread I know, but does anyone know if there are actually any plans to nerf the most broken hero on dominion?

I played 12 games today, many of them with a full team, and every game but two had a Kassidin on the enemy team. It seems there are no shortage of people who know just how broken he is, and insist on playing him at every opportunity.

I'm not sure what specific nerf would fix him without making him useless. But perhaps all is needed is an increase to the base mana cost of some of his abilities, possibly just his ultimate, enough so that he can't get around the map quite so fast.

A Slime Appears

04-02-2013

There is. However, Nome said it's being delayed by a "tech backlog". Or in other words, that team is working on modes Riot actually gives a **** about.

The Fizznity

04-02-2013

Your best hope in solo queue is to pick a sticky assassin like Fizz or Akali and hope he goes pure AP (at which point you can possibly kill him since even 15% reduced magic damage is good, but won't save him without MR). The average kass *can* be killed but he's still kind of utterly broken in fights and stupidly mobile.

(and the "waaaah we're the ignored child of Riot no one careeesssss" is getting a little tiring to hear =/)

TechPrince

04-02-2013

Your team should have strong cc champs or high burst champs, chain cc or burst him down within 3seconds.

A Slime Appears

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
Your best hope in solo queue is to pick a sticky assassin like Fizz or Akali and hope he goes pure AP (at which point you can possibly kill him since even 15% reduced magic damage is good, but won't save him without MR). The average kass *can* be killed but he's still kind of utterly broken in fights and stupidly mobile.

(and the "waaaah we're the ignored child of Riot no one careeesssss" is getting a little tiring to hear =/)
Almost as tiring as it is being the ignored child. You want to stop hearing it? Convince Riot to stop causing it. Dead horse will be beaten until it is fixed.

Anyway, I was just answering a question.

The Fizznity

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Slime Appears View Post
Almost as tiring as it is being the ignored child. You want to stop hearing it? Convince Riot to stop causing it. Dead horse will be beaten until it is fixed.

Anyway, I was just answering a question.
We're not the ones you have to talk to. We're already doing everything we can, crying like a 5 year old who isn't getting his toys won't help anything.

A Slime Appears

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
We're not the ones you have to talk to. We're already doing everything we can, crying like a 5 year old who isn't getting his toys won't help anything.
I didn't cry like a 5 year old. I just answered his damn question.

The Bark

04-02-2013

Funny that I find your post, Ynthrepic. I was just coming to make post about the same thing. Kassadin needs to be balanced on Dominion. He doesn't even need a good build, and he can contribute all game. In fact, he can feed and still contribute all game.

Kassadin + Dominion = completely broken, and not fun to play against.

ynthrepic

04-05-2013

I'm going to bump this, because if the front page of the dominion forum is covered in Kassidin threads, maybe Riot will notice their crying infant and give it some attention.

Golly

04-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynthrepic View Post
I'm going to bump this, because if the front page of the dominion forum is covered in Kassidin threads, maybe Riot will notice their crying infant and give it some attention.
Nice analogy. Ever seen Trainspotters?