Please stay top.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NamKim

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirillian View Post
This is true NamKim, but...I think he's kinda complaining about people that make bad decisions more than anything...I would also like to make the point that if you gank botlane AFTER the botlaner is dead...check the minion wave and see if it needs to be reset. I can't even count how many times this has happened to me where a top laner came to help momentarily...got a kill or something, but left without seeing the gigantic minion wave that neutralized the tower...that just leaves me open to another gank or to the other botlaner rushing me while I'm trying to recap it. It's stupid...don't be that guy. I was dead...you just lost us botlane for another 30s or so while we have to react to them...and usually...pinging that guy doesn't help...he's not coming back...because he's gotta farm the toplane minion wave.
Eh, I thought he was talking about your situation but in reverse.

As in, gank bot or recapture bot, then GTFO the bot lane. Now that I think about it, his post is kind of confusing...

Eloquid

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Doomsday View Post
I'm not crying to Riot here, I'm talking to YOU, Dominion players.
Sometimes bot is lost and needs to be reclaimed. That's fine. I get that. What I don't get is the apparently universal need to, once the point is recaptured, remain bot until one, or with luck, two players are on their own top while you teamfight on the enemy's point bot.
Please don't do that. If you're not capitalizing on an opening at that exact moment, you are probably needed top.
Also, you don't have to be afraid of the medkits. If you're injured and the only one near one, or your allies clearly show no interest in them, by all means, help yourself. They grow back. The only time you shouldn't help yourself is when you are full health and your teammate clearly needs or is about to need it.
IF I understand correctly what you're saying, and I'm really not sure that I am...

More games are lost because of team consisting of mindless top w.ho.res that just keep attacking well defended top and dying like flies there than because of anything else.

As someone else said, 3 points are 3 points. It's always better even to try backdoor just to neutralize their mid, and spread the enemy across the map and maybe get some chances at the top, than doing D day equivalent of top capturing.

The best games are those where teammates are aware of what's really happening on the map and seem like they're everywhere, depending on what situation requires. When asking about why people keep going to top like zombies, I just get too often reply "It's the meta", in the middle of the game that's quite close to being lost.

I would say the good rule of thumb is this. When it comes to enemy turrets, try to be where enemy isn't. And try to be where he is in defense department. Unless you're trying to recapture that top with big minion wave from the enemy that already proved to be sub par.

I've also seen many games lost because of someone stubbornly claiming "his" lane even after early game and even after successful ganks from teammates. After a while, such player usually becomes cannon fodder because everybody's afraid to help the jerk any more who calls them names. It's exact that kind of people that scream "where's ss" after being ganked, like it's excuse for their lack of map awareness.

If you were talking about something else, don't mind my post.

Torkable

04-02-2013

I dont help bot any more.
If they got ganked then you have an advantage at top and need to use it, and if there are two of them defending it, it can take 3 of you to push them off, which will absolutely lose you top if they arn't completely incompetent, and even if you get it back they can often kill one or more of you and then escape, which gains them advantage.... its pretty much lose lose banging your head against bot. Go pressure a different point, they either have to hand you your bot back or lose a different one.
also, if your bot player just flat out lost bot then there is a good chance they are one of *those* guys that sees a team mate bot and instantly charges towards top thinking they can force me to take bot like its a ****ing hot potato game.

wolferer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2013

What I really can't stand is when an ally hangs around bot and farms minions after a bot gank. I've seen people in high elo games do this and push creeps for a good 15 seconds.

After ganking bottom, PLEASE go back in the fog of war. If you want to try to pressure bot point, that's fine. But go in the fog of war and let me push the minions, then assault when you know what reinforcements are showing up.