The root cause for many LoL Player Behavior Issues

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Great Pyrenees

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenStill View Post
Maybe if you took the words "teen" and "kids" out of the post, people would take you more seriously...
But the whole point of my post is that the game is RATED TEEN. How can I not talk about cursing influencing kids when that is the whole point?

Listen I qued up with my niece the other day. She said Good luck in all chat. At which point the Cho gath on the opposing side asked her to perform a sexual act on his privates. My niece is a very young, good kid. She in no way deserved that kind of harassment.

All you have to do is look at 90% of the player behavior posts and they all deal with how 'toxic' the game is. But very few of them actually point out what is toxic. It is the language people casually use towards one another. Cursing is un-necessary end of story.

Great Pyrenees

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingbox View Post
Saw the thread. Opened it. Saw "bible"

Oh hell no we're not doing this. This isn't anti-bible rage, this is spotting purposeful controversy which will make the thread go down with explosions. This NEVER ends good.
Purposful controversy? Pointing out the root cause of a social problem is not creating a controversy. I am simply doing Riot a favor in pointing out cursing is the root problem for toxicity in this community.

Great Pyrenees

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recreant888 View Post
Please, let's not make this a game centered around biblical principles. I'd like for my kids to be able to play it.
I never said the Summoners Code should be filled with Bible quotes.
I would simply like cursing to be a no no in a Rated Teen game.
Wouldnt you like for your kids to be influenced in a positive manner while playing this game?
Would you let your kids talk to a random stranger in Wal-Mart who asks them to kill themselves and perform sexual acts upon him? Of course not!

That is the very definition of contributing to the delinquency of a minor and it is prosecutable. I am simply wanting your support in helping Riot protect kids whom their game is marketed towards.

Kaeltara

04-03-2013

Sounds like a helicopter parent trolling the game industry.
Heres the answer to your problem. dont play or dont let your kids play.
Also the esrb does not regulate online content as they even say. Theirs also a mature language filter, just turn it on and tell your "Over Protected Children/Child" not to turn it off. Congratulations on looking like an idiot.

ur154

04-03-2013

Too much nerdy kids

Rueian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2013

Cursing isnt a problem

Point 2 isn't a poblem either...

What are you even thinking?

Zezune

04-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pyrenees View Post

I quoted the Bible because it is the ultimate expert on life situations
If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.
-Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT

If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife.
-Deuteronomy 22:23-24 NAB

If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives."
-Leviticus 20:13 NAB

Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.'
-Exodus 31:12-15 NLT

Force a woman to marry her rapist, murder a woman for being raped inside a city, murder homosexuals, death for working on Sunday....

Oh yeah...thats some ****ing expert advice all right.

Nothing more disgusting that someone preaching holier than thou garbage from a 2000 year old story book he hasn't read front to back.

This community fits right in with your bible, I don't see what your problem is.

Great Pyrenees

04-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezune View Post
If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.
-Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT

If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife.
-Deuteronomy 22:23-24 NAB

If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives."
-Leviticus 20:13 NAB

Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.'
-Exodus 31:12-15 NLT

Force a woman to marry her rapist, murder a woman for being raped inside a city, murder homosexuals, death for working on Sunday....

Oh yeah...thats some ****ing expert advice all right.

Nothing more disgusting that someone preaching holier than thou garbage from a 2000 year old story book he hasn't read front to back.

This community fits right in with your bible, I don't see what your problem is.
You picked the wrong person to have a Bible scripture argument with. I am a Bible scholar I am not some schmuck who only pretends to know what he is talking about. I have 20 years preaching experience. Get ready to be served!

1) Scripture #1, this verse is to protect the WOMAN not the rapist. You see there is this valuable thing called virginity (Which some women dont seem to think is valuable). It is a gift from God meant to protect women, and their potential husbands. A woman who is vilolated in the OLD DAYS would not be able to marry a respectable man. Therefore this punishment is actually a means of protecting the poor woman whose virtue was taken from her. Do you not think that she would want to have children to evenutally have the messiah? Does that concept escape you? Bear in mind in the lineage of JC there is a harlot. She would still have wanted to be married and have children. This punishment protects this poor woman and makes this horrible man own up to his mistakes.

2) The woman insides the city was NOT raped, if she had been raped, and had cried out then she would have not been put to death. This is a woman who 'said' she was raped in order to escape punishment. But actions speak louder than words. A raped woman at that time in history would have been protected from death if she just cried out. Guess what, all women at that time KNEW this! And they would have cried out so their rapist would have been put to death and so they would have escaped punishment.

3) You seem to not understand that these Old Testament Laws were meant for a Specific people (The levitical Jews), at a specific time (The Old Testament). Guess what if you were a levitical Jew, 4000 years ago then you would have agreed with the law to put homosexuals to death. That was a different time in history, that time is past. We live in the present, and guess what I did not use Old Testament laws in my OP on this topic, I used NT rules.

4) Again the Sabbath was a Old Testament law which the Levitical Jews agreed to keep holy as a covenant with God because they were a special set apart people. This is a contract they agreed to follow with God for the piveledge of being his chosen special people from whom a messiah would spring. They choose to follow God, this law applied 4000 years ago not today.

The problem with the community as a whole is they do not see 'cursing' as a problem. But it is a problem, it is a cancer that degrades others and spreads. I did not expect the average layperson to read what I wrote and agree with it. I hope I have cleared up some misconceptions you had about life 4000 years ago, it is very different from what we experience today. I agree you cannot hold society to rules specifically set up for a entire group of people from so long ago. I simply showed a principle which is very much on point with the problems LoL is experiencing currently.

Take care friend

cooljay167

04-04-2013

All i can say with those bible quotes; AMEN

Great Pyrenees

04-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljay167 View Post
All i can say with those bible quotes; AMEN
God bless you Cooljay