Nami Mid - Viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elodin

04-01-2013

Hey, Nami is a champion that I've always enjoyed (She's basically the only support I'm willing to play) but I'm wondering what the general consensus on her being an AP mid is.

Considering Nami is rarely seen even in the support role, I have a feeling trying to pick her mid is going to be met with a lot of trolling accusations, but I think she might have a place there.

Her AP ratios aren't that bad:

Q - .65
W - .30 (Heal) .50 (Damage)
E - .20
R - .70

And if she's mid she can get a sufficient amount of CDR/AP in order to spam out heals and heavy hitting CCs (Throw a Lichborne on her and I think she'd be really good)

So what's your opinion? Worthless or viable?

Tim Allen Talon

04-01-2013

I've seen it a few times before

Never worked out,

Just not enough damage.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2013

She can win her lane in mid, but as far as being a carry and dealing supreme damage as an APC, she cannot.

She can win her lane by winning the trade battle, as if she lands a Q she can blow her full combo and walk away unharmed. Thus, meaning if you're good at landing your Q you can zone quite effectively.

The problem that you run into is having enough damage and your early wave clear is terrible. You need substantial AP Before you can clear a wave with your Q, and once you do you are vulnerable as that is your only escape.

PikaRioCed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2013

I play Nami 60% of the time, and I have played her mid.
I do not recommend playing her mid.

Lexinus

04-02-2013

I have seen viable nami played mid. She just zones and farms, pushes tower, and roams. She has pretty good roam ganks with her bubble and her ult.

moastytoasty

04-02-2013

she's not really viable in competitive play, but she can be pretty good in protect the adc comps

Aitheon

04-03-2013

You want a really fun support mid? LuLu