how to counter 5 man bot gank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PimpinOG

04-01-2013

I'm lucky I only die once or twice in a consistent basis from over 15+ bot ganks in 7 min when I play bot lane. I'm just going to expect enemy going to send 2+ people every game every time I'm bot lane. Teammates can't get their mid also and only try to gank back after I got gank 7+ times. Then they proceed to start name calling.

GET REKT FGT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-01-2013

Reading that hurt my head...were you telling a story, asking a question, or talking about a strategy???

wolferer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-01-2013

It's more important to survive than to delay the point capture for a few seconds when nobody can save it. Try to have good map awareness and retreat to the fog behind the turret (and near your ramp) when you suspect a gank. When the cavalry shows up, do what you can to disrupt, but back into the base instead of dying.

Your team can retake the point much faster if you're alive.

XantheInsane

04-02-2013

you dont counter a 5 man gank, your team does. so yea, you are pretty much screwed.

Juxxthefluxx

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolferer View Post
It's more important to survive than to delay the point capture for a few seconds when nobody can save it. Try to have good map awareness and retreat to the fog behind the turret (and near your ramp) when you suspect a gank. When the cavalry shows up, do what you can to disrupt, but back into the base instead of dying.

Your team can retake the point much faster if you're alive.

Can you elaborate as to why this is? It's something I think about when I play, because I never know which to do. I usually go for the delay, and die, but it never feels worth it.
Is your reasoning that they will be capturing the point anyway, so its better to not give them the gold than to save your team 3-5 points?

Koravel

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juxxthefluxx View Post
Can you elaborate as to why this is? It's something I think about when I play, because I never know which to do. I usually go for the delay, and die, but it never feels worth it.
Is your reasoning that they will be capturing the point anyway, so its better to not give them the gold than to save your team 3-5 points?
It's not saving your team 3-5 points. In actuality what happens is that you give the enemy team a kill, (and in this case, 4 assists), and then your team has to wait for you to respawn, which ends up losing you more points AND giving the enemy team gold. There is pretty much only one scenario where you intentionally die to delay a cap as long as possible, and that is if you have a very low amount of nexus health left.

To me, having played a lot of mentor games, this is one of the mid elo players failings. They get the importance of holding points, but they give it too much importance. Don't be afraid to back off if you get 3 or 4 man ganked bot lane and wait. Its not your job to try to hold the point at all costs, its your team's job to put pressure on their mid, and if 3 of the enemy are bot, then your team should be hardcore pushing.

You might try to hold if its a 2-man gank that you either A) think you can actually hold, or B) revive is up and you think if you do enough damage with life #1, you can revive, come back in, and kill the enemy or hold the point or both.

Juxxthefluxx

04-02-2013

That makes a whole lot of sense to me, and will definitely be something that I work on. Thank you Koravel (and wolferer).

wingstreet

04-02-2013

neutral their mid and take top assuming you dont have top because you just lost up there? it's situational. only time i recommend sticking around is when you can stall enough for your teammates to back you up on turret.