Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Customize your build with in-client Item Sets

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eph289

04-01-2013

Have ALL my upvotes!

Vilnius Belfast

04-01-2013

Please add an option for smartcast so that when we select a champion we will already have our prefered smartcast setup for that champ!

bradles

04-01-2013

Quote:
RiotBahamut:

Click on your profile and find the new Item Sets tab button we've put there just for you.

the achievements tab is gone? but it was so useful

TheEnigmaBlade

04-01-2013

I guess I'm out of a job now.

RiotBahamut

Associate Software Engineer

04-01-2013

Quote:
RexSaur:
I think champion specific would be better, unless this shows in a custom tab in the shop, then theres no problem, i didnt actually manage to get in game to see how it looks like due to the bug.

If it replaces the recommended tab then it would be weird.

The recommended tab becomes a dropdown menu that allows you to switch between pages in-game. Additionally, subsequent games with the same champion (and on the same machine) will have that page already selected for you.

Steelflame

04-01-2013

Quote:
RiotBahamut:
The recommended tab becomes a dropdown menu that allows you to switch between pages in-game. Additionally, subsequent games with the same champion (and on the same machine) will have that page already selected for you.

I still think I would prefer to be able to link them to champs, but meh. Once we actually are able to play, I will make a judgement on how it actually feels by actually using it. Also, it looks odd as is. Mainly because you natively expect to see that third column (I hadn't even read your post about it, but had opened the tab and tried to figure it out. Placing the items feels ok, but you sort of naturally want to link it to a champ(s) after the fact rather than do it in game. Would also save us some extra work in the long run if we have several setups we use for the same champ. For example, I would use each box for a specific end build style (tank, bruiser, all out bat-**** crazy glass cannon, ect ) vs a full page for it.)

xSubvert

04-01-2013

I noticed that drop down menu on the recommended items tab a while ago which let me make more customized builds via the JSON files and I guess now I'll have it easier. Also if we do already have our own custom builds will they stay when this rolls out on live?

runod

04-01-2013

Quote:
TheEnigmaBlade:
I guess I'm out of a job now.

i will still use your program !!

RiotBahamut

Associate Software Engineer

04-01-2013

Quote:
Steelflame:
I still think I would prefer to be able to link them to champs, but meh. Once we actually are able to play, I will make a judgement on how it actually feels by actually using it. Also, it looks odd as is. Mainly because you natively expect to see that third column (I hadn't even read your post about it, but had opened the tab and tried to figure it out. Placing the items feels ok, but you sort of naturally want to link it to a champ(s) after the fact rather than do it in game. Would also save us some extra work in the long run if we have several setups we use for the same champ. For example, I would use each box for a specific end build style (tank, bruiser, all out bat-**** crazy glass cannon, ect ) vs a full page for it.)

Thanks for the feedback! Be sure to share your thoughts when you are able to try it out end-to-end. The question of how to best manage champion associations has easily been the largest topic of internal discussions during development, and we'll definitely be looking at how the feature is used to inform us on any changes that need to be made.

Flibbo

Recruiter

04-01-2013

Please include champion specific options. As it stands now when going into a game I select from about 5 rune pages (plenty of people have more), 15-20 mastery pages, and now you're talking about adding another 20+ choices of champion item sets to sort through once I load into the game. I understand that champions will remember which item set you chose last time, but many champions have many different build paths available (AP/AD Kayle, jungle/lane Jarvan, tank/AD Lee Sin) and if I want to change from one build path for a certain champion to another I'll have to dig through the drop down to find the build I'm looking for.

Of course, I believe either the simplified or more complex system would work just fine, but I feel while a bit more tricky to set up, the champion specific selections would lead to a smoother and more streamlined experience once your choices are set up. I understand the desire to make things simpler as I have some experience with game design myself, but context is quite important in this scenario. You're dealing with a feature most likely used primarily by the more dedicated of players in a community of gamers who take preparation and research very seriously at high level play.

TL;DR I believe that it would be a mistake to sacrifice functionality for ease of use in such a detailed game with such a dedicated following.