Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Customize your build with in-client Item Sets

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Manawind

04-06-2013

Maybe instead of making a build for a champ, keep them global and let us preselect the build in the lobby.

This way when a new champ comes out, we simple make a new build or pick one that we already have.

*Example: The last game I played with Lux, I was AP mid, but now I am playing her support. So I just click a drop down in lobby and switch my build ahead of time. This way I'm not hunting for it while the game clock is ticking.*

But if I need to switch builds mid match I can do it the normal way from the shop window.

Viva El QC

04-06-2013

Its april 6, i just logged and i can't see the tab button that's lead to the recomended build menu, can someone help me please?

-Viva El QC

traveurysm

04-06-2013

I'm very excited about this feature. I think the elegant solution is champion tagging. Tags would allow you to sort item sets, runes, and masteries quickly, and browse relevant champion options easily in the champion select screen. The key is to let the players tag the champions.

I main ADC; I have 6 rune pages for the class with names like "Default, Split Push, Armpen" etc. I would expect about the same number of ADC item builds. They all begin with the letters ADC so I can find them better. I only have 2 tank rune pages, which makes finding the Tank pages a little harder. If the Tank pages only show up on champions tagged as tanks, then when I pick Miss Fortune I just get the six rune pages that I would ever actually consider.

If you want more options for ARAM, just add a "More ..." option at the bottom of the list to expand, showing all options regardless of tag in alphabetical order (but with the tag-appropriate options still at the top). You can collapse the list again by clicking "Less ..."

You can add the tagging functionality to the Champions tab. All champions should be taggable whether they're owned or not (so you don't have to have a tagging session with each week's new free champs). Then add a dialogue box on the mastery, rune, and item tabs to associate with tags.

Pages/item sets should be associable with multiple tags, and champions should be able to hold multiple tags.

I'd love to type "Tanky AP" in the champ select box, see the list limited to tanky APs I'm good with, and the relevant runes/masteries/items automatically loaded up.

EDIT: Another bonus is that tagging is optional with this system. If players don't use them, they get global pages/builds just like now.

a sad loli

04-06-2013

What about having categories for the different item sets?
like:
bruiser top:
>1
>2
>whatever appropriate page names here
support:
>blah
>blah

sephyIIis

04-06-2013

+1

mi ramfan

04-06-2013

Hey, have you considered adding a postgame storage functionality? Sometimes I'll make up a build on the spot, love it, and then forget it by the time I get a chance to do it again. Could you add a "save items from last game" button to the postgame screen?

Even with that nitpick, this looks like a great tool and I can't wait to use it once it hits live (I don't play on PBE all that much since Factions started XD)

Bone 4 Dog

04-07-2013

When I log on and click on the Item sets tab if locks all my other tabs and frezes the client so I have to restart it . and clicking everyhing else works just fine as long as I dont hit the item sets

Coolh4x0r

04-07-2013

so will this conflict with my enigma item changer? do i have to unistall that, or does this not wipe out the builds i already have preset?

DreadPirateLynx

04-07-2013

Quote:
Coolh4x0r:
so will this conflict with my enigma item changer? do i have to unistall that, or does this not wipe out the builds i already have preset?

They said somewhere in this thread that the API for changing recommended items would still work with this change, and since 3rd party item changers use the API to do their job, I'd say it's safe to bet that they'll still work just fine.

MSF72

04-08-2013

The items tab isn't there for me... It's still just spells to achievements.