Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Feedback] Lux ms nerf.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xyltin

04-02-2013

Anivia has no escape, no shield and is still slower than Lux.
In terms of CC they are pretty equal.
In terms of team utility lux is ahead cause of her shield.

It was pretty clear that Lux would get nerfed some day.
Way too safe for the amount of base dmg and utility she gives together with a good AP ratio (2.75) .

Quote:
Passive: 0.1 AP ratio and 5 + 10*lvl base dmg down from 10 + 10*lvl (3 less dmg at lvl 1 with only 20 AP what you get without items).
E Shield value reduced to 70-190 from 80-180 and 0.3 AP ratio down from 0.35.
R CD up to 70-50 from 60-40 and AP ratio down to 0.7 from 0.75 and base dmg reduced.
That's my suggestion for changes to her.
I think that her passive should have a bit of the AP ratio her other skills currently have. That means she can deal more dmg, but to do that she needs to get closer.
Else her dmg will be nearly the same (with only one passive proc it starts at -5 and 0 AP and she gets +10 for every 100 AP what can lead to +45 with 500 AP).
On the other had her early game will bea tick weaker cause of the shield. Also her shield will be a tick weaker (5/10 per 100 AP and -10 early and +10 late as base values).

tender paws

04-02-2013

The issue at hand is not that she was nerfed, but that for starters she is not nearly as powerful as many champs that are being constantly picked and banned due to blatant opness, and that she was nerfed in an aspect which was completely unneeded.

She has no escape. Gimping her small snare is easy, and following that gimp, the gap is easily closed and she is toast. She has decent movement speed for a reason--positioning is key in everything when 3/4 of your skillshots are straight lines and your passive requires you to get in close range to be useful.

Nerfing the wrong part of the champ is the issue here. Riot seems to love to do that lately.

RawrIshHungry

04-02-2013

Quote:
Xyltin:
Anivia has no escape, no shield and is still slower than Lux.

But anivia has her own wall, easily changing the tide of the war on its own, or walling off escape routes/ making your own escape easier. And this wall can't be tenacity-ed, unlike snares, which can still be walked around, as long as you aren't just walking straight.

Vidar Wolfheim

04-02-2013

a champion with an almost global range nuke, slows, snares and a shield and you complain for 10 less movement speed? not for nothing she is so played when she has such a safe laning and late game even with a gap closer if it dont put you in her back is almost useless to even try to use it since she will still use her light binding in your face and proceed to nuke you up

Black Mage Zeref

04-02-2013

Quote:
nvmvoidrays:
what this guy said.

other champions that have 330 MS: anivia and zyra, both of which are good mids, who, are generally really safe because of their abilities/cc. lux fits into this category.

nerfing her MS doesn't effect her power, but, it makes her less safe.

Anivia has a stun, a slow with her ulti, and a wall. Also, she has her passive..
Zyra has a snare. and a large AOE knock up.

Lux is WAY squishier than the champions you compared her to. The nerfs were completely unnecessary as she is one of the AP carries with the lowest base armor.

"Oh, I can't dodge skillshots, so I'll just QQ about it" <-- Community logic

RawrIshHungry

04-02-2013

Quote:
Vidar Wolfheim:
a champion with an almost global range nuke, slows, snares and a shield and you complain for 10 less movement speed? not for nothing she is so played when she has such a safe laning and late game even with a gap closer if it dont put you in her back is almost useless to even try to use it since she will still use her light binding in your face and proceed to nuke you up

All of her skills are skillshots, her nuke isnt even CLOSE, to global, I can't hit baron from the edges of the bases. To hit dragon, you have to be at blue (Purple side AFAIR)

Again, lux has one of the lowest armor, even veig has more starting armor, with a more viable stun.
And, also, we aren't complaining about 10 less movementspeed, I'm complaining about how you guys are justifying it.

About the light binding to the face...it's not that hard to gap close, move to the side, smack. Also, most good junglers will go to the back of you anyways, to help block the route path due to not being able to walk into champions/minions.

Auryiel

04-02-2013

Quote:
Maelkor:
By that logic, ez should have much higher move speed. And yet, he's one of the champions with the lowest base ms.

Are you serious? Ezreal has a built-in FLASH. How can you even compare him and Lux???

Critmaster Garen

04-02-2013

eh, i think thats time for me to quit this game.

not because of the nerf, but because this might just be a start. it wouldnt be something new, that the balancing team is just so lazy to nerf a champion that isnt a problem, instead of fixing the other ones.

ive seen so many dumb and uneccessary nerfs over the time. a movement speed nerf wont be enough to stop the qq and it wont fix the problem the other mages have with gap closer.

peace, im out.

PallasAthens

04-02-2013

The nerf is justified.

If you're chasing her and right on her, she won't miss her snare.

"Bu-bu-bu you need to learn how to dodge!"

Uh-huh. Unless you're zig-zagging and making it easier for her to get away, it's still powerful. An AoE slow, an AoE snare, an AoE shield, not to mention the semi-global AoE instant ult.

As for the above person leaving, yes you are leaving because of this 'dumb' nerf as you call it. I say, we don't need such negativity in the playerbase.

Black Mage Zeref

04-02-2013

Quote:
YeIIow 13:
The nerf is justified.

If you're chasing her and right on her, she won't miss her snare.

"Bu-bu-bu you need to learn how to dodge!"

Uh-huh. Unless you're zig-zagging and making it easier for her to get away, it's still powerful. An AoE slow, an AoE snare, an AoE shield, not to mention the semi-global AoE instant ult.

As for the above person leaving, yes you are leaving because of this 'dumb' nerf as you call it. I say, we don't need such negativity in the playerbase.

If you're chasing her while using your brain, you can dodge the snare. I've done it a couple of times. Her snare's animation / missile speed isn't that fast or wide and you can just move a bit to the side to avoid it.

She's basically two-shot down. With these most commonly used junglers having either a gap closer or a movement speed boost, it's really not hard to catch her.

And again, her ulti isn't even close to semi-global.