Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Feedback] Lux ms nerf.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valiant Corvus

04-01-2013

I don't really understand what they're trying to achieve with this nerf. It's not gonna really change her much.

And I'm on the side thinking that she doesn't need any nerfs.

KesslerCOIL

04-01-2013

Lux is too safe with her Snare, Slow and Shield, that is why her movement speed was nerfed.
As someone who has started maining jungle, i can tell you she is incredibly frustrating to gank.

K1m1 Kn1ght

04-01-2013

I main Lux and I don't want her to get nerfed. But to the point that someone else mentioned, comparing Lux and Ezreal and claiming Ez needs faster movement speed because he has skillshots is just wrong. Ezreal has a blink, and a good Ezreal is already really hard to catch. He does not need a ms buff. If you are getting caught a lot as Ez, practice your positioning.

And, I really like Lux's passive.

Aakesh

04-01-2013

Quote:
Maelkor:
By that logic, ez should have much higher move speed. And yet, he's one of the champions with the lowest base ms.

EZ has free 12 sec flash on his E can be use to cheat Death

Lets take look at Ashe who has same base ms

that slow not going cut it when 90% of the junglers and top laneer have gap closers.

(not counting corki or Cait they have way to close the gap/run not as good as EZ)

golf1052

04-01-2013

Right now Lux has the same movement speed as Brand, Eve, Gragas, Kassadin, Malzahar, Veigar, and Xerath (only listed the people you usually see mid). Eve and Kass need the movement speed because they are assassins.

By moving her to 330 movement speed she now has the same speed as Ahri, Syndra, Teemo, Twisted Fate, and Ziggs. Most other AP mid laners have 335 speed. I really see no problem with this as Lux has one of the highest ranges for an AP. It's not that big of a nerf compared to other champs.

RawrIshHungry

04-01-2013

Quote:
golf1052:
Right now Lux has the same movement speed as Brand, Eve, Gragas, Kassadin, Malzahar, Veigar, and Xerath (only listed the people you usually see mid). Eve and Kass need the movement speed because they are assassins.

By moving her to 330 movement speed she now has the same speed as Ahri, Syndra, Teemo, Twisted Fate, and Ziggs. Most other AP mid laners have 335 speed. I really see no problem with this as Lux has one of the highest ranges for an AP. It's not that big of a nerf compared to other champs.

I agree, lux needs some nerfs,(I somewhat main her) but, the way you're justifying the MS nerfs is that other ap laners have the 330 movement, But they have gap closers, or arent skill-shot based.(I only named the ones you named, so I apologize if there is other champs with similar movement speeds)
Ahri with her spirit rush
Syndra with her ultimate( Its not skillshot based) then to add, she has her knockback+stun + her own slow.
Teemo with his ability to have "basically" free wards with his shrooms, which also slow on impact, a blind, and his own MS boost passive and active.
Twisted fates has his own stun/group slows, in addition to having a small teleport and basically infinite mana early game.
Ziggs has his own escape with his Satchel charge.
All the champs you listed have some sort of escape mechanism for their own except Syndra, although her knockback + stun would give even more time to escape versus Lux's snare.

While lux does have a lot of range in conjunction with her E, early game, it doesn't do that much to effect the other person(Mostly because of the flask/ 9 hp pots starts,in addition to it being able to be missed, if the other person grabs boots first) , until you walk into auto attack range to get her passive off, obviously, someone squishy like Lux shouldn't do that, but, if you were to just harrass with E and Q, that'd get you no where with the nerfs of her mp regen and addition of mp usages a while back. This is where the MS comes in, you can go in, hit, and get hit the least possible, which is important due to her small armor starting value, which if you try to buff using runes, hurts your mp regen to a huge amount.

Also, if it's true about Xerath having the same movement at the moment, then shouldn't he be getting nerfed first? He "technically" has the longest range with a stun, and a MS buff upon leaving his rooted position, in addition to an armor-based passive to help in escape.

plasmatorture

Recruiter

04-01-2013

Quote:
RawrIshHungry:
Also, if it's true about Xerath having the same movement at the moment, then shouldn't he be getting nerfed first? He "technically" has the longest range with a stun, and a MS buff upon leaving his rooted position, in addition to an armor-based passive to help in escape.

Don't play ignorant, Xerath is never being picked right now because Lux outclasses him so hard in almost every single way.

This nerf was a great start to helping balance Lux. I played a game against one and for once she actually felt like I could potentially catch her. IMO she probably should be bumped all the way down to 325 for how safe she is but 330 is good enough. They really do need to nerf her shield still I think but I'm glad they're taking this in baby steps. As much as I hate Lux she doesn't deserve to be destroyed like so many tohers (RIP Rengar)

Soul Cloud

04-02-2013

Quote:
Maelkor:
By that logic, ez should have much higher move speed. And yet, he's one of the champions with the lowest base ms.

he has a flash every 15 seconds that downs to 7?

do you use your brain?

├črutally

04-02-2013

I really don't see the problem with this nerf.
All they tried to do was nerf her movement speed so she could be less safe, which is good for other gankers because she has a complete stun set, and her damage can be very fatal in mid if she gains that
AP she always has. This nerf was very good start to balancing Lux and she can get away from ganks less of the time due to her being 10 less movement speed.
I'm glad she got balanced because now people will play her as a semi-balanced character instead of just throwing un-timed stuns out. ^^

nvmvoidrays

04-02-2013

Quote:
golf1052:

what this guy said.

other champions that have 330 MS: anivia and zyra, both of which are good mids, who, are generally really safe because of their abilities/cc. lux fits into this category.

nerfing her MS doesn't effect her power, but, it makes her less safe.