Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Feedback] Lux ms nerf.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KiyoSpirit

04-07-2013

IMO, her ult is the only thing that needed a nerf. I have no idea why Riot even considered nerfing her MS.

Firellius

04-07-2013

Quote:
Homocastle:
Down votes but.

Oh no, you made the safest laner IN THE GAME slightly less safe. QQ. QQ.

I find "Giant-ass stun" Veigar and "No cooldown Flash" Kassadin to lane safer than Lux.

Also, they should've compensated for the increased risk by increasing her reward. They didn't. They increased her risk and decreased reward.

The design philosophy of high-risk, high-reward and low-risk, low-reward has been tossed out of the window by RIOT. They now operate strictly on a low-risk, high-reward basis.

Meaning the lower the risk factor of the champion (Tankies with good mobility, like Wukong, Jarvan IV, Xin Zhao, Vi) the higher the reward.

DemiluniS

04-07-2013

Quote:
Firellius:
I find "Giant-ass stun" Veigar and "No cooldown Flash" Kassadin to lane safer than Lux.

Also, they should've compensated for the increased risk by increasing her reward. They didn't. They increased her risk and decreased reward.

The design philosophy of high-risk, high-reward and low-risk, low-reward has been tossed out of the window by RIOT. They now operate strictly on a low-risk, high-reward basis.

Meaning the lower the risk factor of the champion (Tankies with good mobility, like Wukong, Jarvan IV, Xin Zhao, Vi) the higher the reward.

what high risk you talking about when she's sniping you with all her abilities half map away? her passive doesn't even used mid-late game

DemiluniS

04-07-2013

Quote:
Asat0rr:
Even from the most bizarrely skewed angle you could think of Lux is by no means the safest laner in the game. It has already been repeated a hundred times in this very thread her only "escape" is her skillshot Q which is pretty easily jukeable. How does that make her safe? If you want safe think about Fizz or Kha'Zix or someone who can just jump away from ganks.

fizz and kha are both melee so by any mean they can't be safer than she is, because if they engaged on you they can't escape when lux don't have to do so

CrazyMLC

04-07-2013

Lux and her kiting is ridiculous. Can't catch up to her even if you have a movement speed boost, simply because she can snare you and lay down slow fields. I think the movement speed nerf is something she needs. It's not like people who are good at Lux won't still be able to carry.

KiyoSpirit

04-07-2013

Quote:
DemiluniS:
fizz and kha are both melee so by any mean they can't be safer than she is, because if they engaged on you they can't escape when lux don't have to do so

I wouldn't say one is safer than the other. Fizz and Kha both have escape abilities and Lux is ranged.

Evilkiss

04-07-2013

remember guyzzz riot cant balance a stick... and people don't want to even touch the keyboard to gain killz these days. We must remember this....

I for one will change my main from LUX to MORGANA. WHY? Well because morgana is exactly LIKE HER... just a bit slower and less skill shots. But the design is basically feels the same imo. I would rather use her Q because it actually HITS and doesn't go through enemies like luxe's q does... O yes its a strange glitch that not many have notice and it happens with R too mhm.... Also it feels faster

W - way better shield, i rather be able to ignore stuns, snares, silence, and slows LOL.

E - that e can be a real killer once maxed out

R - this thing has turned the tides of team fights for me so many times.... i just...

passive- noting else to say right? its awesome imo.
Why is lux my main? Well because she is more fun, its more challenging because she is all skill shots, faster, and just so dam fun!
I mean when i use morgana i can literally do what i want mid... I can overextend because i can easily stop stuns, snares, or slows with my shield... Yes she is slower than lux but her shield just keeps me safe...

I have done matches with her where i rarely backed mid thanks to passive and just stood there in the center auto attacking because i did so much dmg and healed myself back all the time... Was just to funny and it got boring really fast honestly. It just didn't took to much effort...

So imo, idk why lux got targeted again... I have said before that they did this before to her and had to rebuff her several times.... She doesn't have any ANY escape besides Q.... and people plz... learn to dodge. IF you where DUM ENOUGH TO GO INTO IT than you deserve to lose your kill or die. Noting else to say

RawrIshHungry

04-07-2013

Quote:
DemiluniS:
what high risk you talking about when she's sniping you with all her abilities half map away? her passive doesn't even used mid-late game

Uhm... did you not read half this thread? It's been said numerous times that her skills are NOT, half a map away, no matter how much you exaggerate it won't be true. Her ulti, 3k Range requires to be at purple side blue to hit Dragon. Also, It's basically from mid tower to the enemy mid tower. It's not that big, not to mention you'd need vision if you want at least a 70% chance to hit it =_=. Also... just don't walk back in a straight line, simple.
And unless the enemy team fed extremely a lot, the passive late game still does damage, and is still used.

Seriously why are we still on the topic of Lux being safe? I run MS quints on lux, why? Because 340 Still isnt safe for her, anyone with any gap closer jungler + a red or even a built in slow completely dominates her. You aren't able to snare both of them unless you wait for the right moment, or a minion might even block a snare. So... I don't see the problem? Most Mid's right now have a gap closer, or their own CC. so If she snares one, why cant the other do the damage?
I've been raped by a xin and tryn coming to gank, even though I was half way through the lane, and I snared BOTH of them , and threw an E so it slowed both of them, but what, Slow's dont stack if I remember, so based on your guys logic, shouldn't I have been able to escape? I mean i hit both of my snares, and slow's but 90% hp to 0% in less than 3 seconds.

Edit: Before anyone tells me.. wow ward. This was at level 3, If you can start wards with lux and not be at a disadvantage due to mana problems or health problems, please refer me to your rune pages/masteries.

rangerike1363

04-07-2013

Lux has some of the safest, low CD damage in the game. When she is able to carry games because she can use her AOE ult twice a fight, even if she misses 1, if she procs her passive during one of the snares or AOE slow, she can outrange and outpoke almost any comp. Even if you have people who can dive the enemy team, they are probably too squishy to win the teamfight anyways, making her low cd abilities way too powerful.

Firellius

04-07-2013

Quote:
rangerike1363:
Lux has some of the safest, low CD damage in the game.

It's like people believe that one relatively low CD ability means that the entire champion has low cooldowns.

Lux's cooldowns are mediocre/high. Only her ultimate has a low cooldown.

Ziggs is a low CD damage champion. Xerath is one. Lux's cooldowns are not low.