Male Champions Lack Individuality

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OmegaPhilosopher

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-01-2013

I will keep this brief, I just want to see if other people feel the same way as I do. When it comes to female champions I find that they more often than not have interesting personalities that are both relatable and entertaining. But when looking at male champions, I find myself very strained to come up with any examples.

The vast majority of male champions are cocky and arrogant, and the few exceptions are usually depressed (don't get me wrong, i love amumu, maokai, and nautilus' personalities) and almost never human. I just wish that there were more male characters who have doubts but can still manage to be positive, who don't treat everything like a joke but aren't dark or hateful, who have fun kits and can actually showcase what it means to be human.

AlexanderXI

04-04-2013

Other than the ones who clearly aren't human of course.

Bonsant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2013

I definitely have to agree on this one. We've been so focused on making females have vastly different personalities that the men of league have been left in the dark. We've covered so many overconfident masculine men or depressed and vengeful characters but I haven't seen anything along the line of flamboyant, or positively energetic. I desperately would love to see a male champion come out with some personality parallel to what lux has, with a good concept to match.

I like to make my own champion concepts from time to time, although I haven't posted any in ages. I've actually tried to concept a male champion who I think is just really cute. Short stature, not feminine by any means but also not overly masculinated. Somewhat flippant and free-spirited and full of energy and some degree of positivity. I've developed his skill set and theme around being a magician artist. I think this concept of paint/art used as magic has come up in suggestions and concepts frequently enough to be deemed as worthy of making a champion out of. I think it definitely brings out a character that is fun, energetic, and creative.

Another thing I'd like to see if a humble and sincere male champ can come out too. Somebody who embodies some of those female characteristics that Riot wants to portray of women humbly serving a purpose for the sake of helping others.