Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sejuani early game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AcornGames

04-01-2013

Hey guys,

So ive final bought Sejuani and she's fantastic. The trouble im having is that im not sure how I should prepare her for early game.

Ive noticed that even with a leash at wolves and Golem by the time I finish my whole jungle I have very little hp left and can easily be killed if the enemy jungler invades. Late game shes incredible, but to get there I need to optimize my early game and im looking for ways to improve that.

This is the build ive used so far.
-Masteries
9/15/6 Taking movespeed+Mana regen in util. Considering bringing more points into utility and away from offense for the runic affinity and extra gold.

-Items ( In order of priority. No items are "rushed" as it depends on how much gold I have when I recall)
Spirit of the Ancient Golem
Ninja Tabi
Randuins Omen
Sunfire Cape

Also considering working Bulwark and Zekes into it

-Runes
Quints: 1 Movespeed 2 MR. ( Saving for more movespeed )
Glyphs: MR
Seals: Armor
Marks: MP

Thanks for any suggestions that might come and always have fun guys!

AndurynWynn

04-01-2013

There is no good early game as a Sej jungler. Early is for supporting a lane with her poke+slow, then go into the jungle once W is at lvl 3. Despite what guides I have read say, leveling should go Q>E>Q>E>W>Ult>W>W>E>E>Q>Ult>W>Q>Q>Etc. Also, you are harming yourself by taking points out of Defensive masteries; she's a Tank! Personally, I think she is mislabeled as a jungler, mainly a support.

Items to begin: BOOTS AND POTS! Then grab Kindlegem and moar pots. Giant's Belt and pots. Upgrade to Ninja Tabi, start Randuins Omen, then get Sunfire Cape. CDR and AP items with Health to follow.

Anyway, the TL: DR is, there is a better jungle champ than Sejuani. Too often she ends up feeding enemy champs early and is item dependent. She is better off built as tank/early support.

Amatzikahni

04-01-2013

Neither of those posts really bring out Sej's potential. She has great mobility and that needs to be abused for ganks, but her clear time is really slow. Machete + 5 Pots clears the quickest, and getting help on Blue is standard for most play at mid-Gold. Start Wolves, Blue, then solo Red with Smite and go run to gank a lane. On your first b, either grab Spirit Stone for faster jungle clears with some extra sustain or grab boots for more ganks if you think that's the way to go; your next b should include the one you didn't get. I personally get Philo although I know it's bad simply for the extra jungle sustain, but rushing any Homeguard boots then grabbing Locket is the main way to play her. After that, it's all about communication with your team. Shurel, Bulwark, and Sightstone would be for team-oriented play while Sunfire, Visage, and Mog would be for personal damage/survivability boosters. RCS is bad on her; if you want AP, grab Abyssal (although I'd say BV and Visage are both better choices). Ultimately, Randuin's is a situational item that doesn't belong in every game but does deserve mention, and upgrading SS to Golem or selling it is another thing to consider (but only very lategame since you'll need the damage for continual jungle clears and Drag/Baron). Out of all the items mentioned, the ones I get most often are Mog/Sunfire (not both), Shurel, and Bulwark. Locket and Homeguards are in nearly 100% of my games.

GundayMonday

Recruiter

04-02-2013

Here's how I build her:
http://www.lolking.net/guides/64471 (http://www.lolking.net/guides/64471)
(I have ~200 ranked games with her around gold level)

The trick with Sej is to max w first (most damage over time) and keep your passive applied on camps via your Q and auto attacks to get that extra 50% damage. Sej can start red or blue with my set up, but you need a leash or else you're going to be low. I usually can gank ~3mins into the game with double buff at around 75% hp, and will often camp a little so my pots can fill me up more while I wait for that perfect first gank.

The way to beat Sej is to destroy her early (invade her jungle). The way to counter this is to have your lanes pay attention and come kill the invader. Keep the jungle enterances warded after you buy and kill them every time they invade. If your lanes aren't paying attention, then you need to counter jungle when the enemy enters your jungle, and get some successful ganks off.

Sej is tricky to win with in solo queue since she needs a very specific team comp to do well, but she is a lot of fun

Calibretto9

04-02-2013

I run MS quints and AS reds. After clearing the whole jungle I generally have enough to return to base and get boots and Spirit Stone. Her early game sucks, no avoiding it, but she picks up speed and becomes amazing.

AcornGames

04-02-2013

Kool, thanks for the responses everyone. Maybe I can avoid getting killed at Red by getting Top to drop a ward further out in the river, or by going 0/21/9 and grabbing a free ward.

@ AndurynWynn
Theres always a better champ for every role. Ive tried a few junglers and none have made a bigger impact during a team fight than Sejuani for me, but more importantly shes really fun! I don't understand how a Sejuani can feed unless the player is absolutely terrible or her teammates don't help when she goes to gank lol ( That can also be her fault for not communicating though )

@Amatzikahni
I suppose Randuins is Situational. I usually see Frozen Heart or Randuins recommended and between the two I feel Randuins is better. Slightly less armor and slow for a very substantial boost in HP.

I have mixed feels about RCS. All of her abilities scale really well aside from her W. ( I think RCS Gives +11 Damage with the hp+ap to W. ) The hp is great for survivability but the slow stats I don't feel she benefits from much which means im spending money on stats I don't need. Havent used it but I might try it anyways just to be sure.

@GundayMonday
I really like the format youre using for you guide! Ive read a few guides on her and every one seems to show me atleast 1 thing new haha.

My skill order is this;
Levels 1-3 W,Q,E. After that I put points into E if im ganking a lot early, otherwise W.

Thanks again everyone!

NecroDragonheart

04-02-2013

Quote:
JosephCrossheart:
Hey guys,

So ive final bought Sejuani and she's fantastic. The trouble im having is that im not sure how I should prepare her for early game.

Ive noticed that even with a leash at wolves and Golem by the time I finish my whole jungle I have very little hp left and can easily be killed if the enemy jungler invades. Late game shes incredible, but to get there I need to optimize my early game and im looking for ways to improve that.

This is the build ive used so far.
-Masteries
9/15/6 Taking movespeed+Mana regen in util. Considering bringing more points into utility and away from offense for the runic affinity and extra gold.

-Items ( In order of priority. No items are "rushed" as it depends on how much gold I have when I recall)
Spirit of the Ancient Golem
Ninja Tabi
Randuins Omen
Sunfire Cape

Also considering working Bulwark and Zekes into it

-Runes
Quints: 1 Movespeed 2 MR. ( Saving for more movespeed )
Glyphs: MR
Seals: Armor
Marks: MP

Thanks for any suggestions that might come and always have fun guys!

Try going madreds instead of spirit stone, the extra armor really helps out early game and I find I kill stuff faster with it than I do with spirit stone

AcornGames

04-02-2013

Quote:
NecroDragonheart:
Try going madreds instead of spirit stone, the extra armor really helps out early game and I find I kill stuff faster with it than I do with spirit stone

Nah, not on Sejuani. Honestly her jungle clear time isnt half as bad as people make it out to be, and he role is Tank/CC. The 500hp I feel compensates for the missing armor early game and also adds a bit of damage to her W.

I usually take Madreds if im playing Vi though. ( Considering taking Elder Lizard inplace of Wriggles though )