The recent buff to Aegis is unnecessary and is making the game so unfun

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

solidrock943

04-01-2013

Hello everyone, my name is solidrock943 and i'm going to be give my reasons why the recent buff to Aegis/Bulwark needs to be reverted.

Last patch a bonus 50% of the aura on Aegis was applied to minions.
This meant:

1. If you bought the item in laning phase, you lane would be guarenteed to push and putting you in a very vulnerable position

2. If the other team were to buy the item the following would happen:
For AP casters, this item was making it so much harder to farm. As an AP Carry, you try to kill the ranged minions using 1 skill (especially if you only have 1 farming skill), however with the recent changes to Aegis, you needed a much higher amount of AP to kill them all in 1 shot.

e.g I had around 400ap at around 27min and i was playing lux. Usually this would be enough to 1 shot ranged minions with my E but was not the case. They stayed on about 30hp and couldnt get all the CS because it would mean getting out of position and becoming vulnerable.

This buff was a direct nerf to how one can farm.

The Solutuion:
Remove the buff on minions and If Riot doesnt mind reason (1) then i suggest giving minions extra AD to compensate for losing the extra magic resist and armor and becoming more of a threat with Aegis. If Riot does mind reason (1), make the minions do more damage only to champions.

TealNinje

04-01-2013

What's the problem with allowing the enemy counterplay to prevent you from farming?

You have the same opportunity, after all.

solidrock943

04-01-2013

it shouldn't be at that extent, especially for ap casters.

if theres an item that prevents the enemy from farming then that item is completely ruining game play and making it unfun. If everybody was unable to farm i dont think anybody would have any fun.

Its A very overpowered buff that was included free with aegis and the buffs to it should be reverted

Kholdstare13

04-02-2013

You read it wrong, it's a nerf. It USED to apply 100% of its aura to minions, now it only has HALF effect on them.

67chrome

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidrock943 View Post
if theres an item that prevents the enemy from farming then that item is completely ruining game play and making it unfun. If everybody was unable to farm i dont think anybody would have any fun.
Not being able to 1-shot minions isn't even close to being prevented from farming, and when minions are empowered with Runic Bulwark's aura the tank or support with Runic Bulwark has to be next to them - which pushes minions being stronger from the lanning phase when farming is important to pre-team fight sieges, were zoning alone can prevent everyone without AoE skillshots from clearing waves. That's not an OMG so unfair for mages thing, that's more a mages have a pretty solid advantage over a wide range of classes in being able to pull it off to begin with thing. One of the major advantages of champions like Lux is that it's more or less impossible to prevent her from being able to clear minion waves and farm from a safe distance, not the other way around.

TealNinje

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kholdstare13 View Post
You read it wrong, it's a nerf. It USED to apply 100% of its aura to minions, now it only has HALF effect on them.
50% additional affect.

As in, adding on.

Reading comprehension.

IceHound

04-02-2013

Oh man if denying was in LoL I bet regen on minions would be the least of your worries.

solidrock943

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67chrome View Post
Not being able to 1-shot minions isn't even close to being prevented from farming, and when minions are empowered with Runic Bulwark's aura the tank or support with Runic Bulwark has to be next to them - which pushes minions being stronger from the lanning phase when farming is important to pre-team fight sieges, were zoning alone can prevent everyone without AoE skillshots from clearing waves. That's not an OMG so unfair for mages thing, that's more a mages have a pretty solid advantage over a wide range of classes in being able to pull it off to begin with thing. One of the major advantages of champions like Lux is that it's more or less impossible to prevent her from being able to clear minion waves and farm from a safe distance, not the other way around.

not at all. just because mages can 1 shot caster minions does not gives them a huge advantage. they need to use skills to farm and using there skills uses mana and takes away their damage output. And this is their only means of adequate farming.

take xerath for example, his Q usually doesn't kill minions in 1 shot, it takes 1 extra basic attack . This is very frustrating and everybody that plays him feels the same way.

this is in the same way aegis works, its annoying and the change should be removed because having an item that prevents people from farming is just a stupid and unfun idea

Kholdstare13

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TealNinje View Post
50% additional affect.

As in, adding on.

Reading comprehension.
Ah, I had to go from memory since the patch note link was gone, but I managed to find the URL. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/patch-304-notes-0 for convenience.

I for one am glad, it means my voidlings might actually live to see frenzy when Brand is in the lane.

maidenmorgan

04-03-2013

Just give it time

It will be removed again

I mean they removed it last time as well.
It's an absurd item with the Minion effect.