Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Vayne Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nickellbob

04-01-2013

I am Just getting into using Vayne and I wanted some advice on a build. So far i've got:

Beserker Boots
Blood Thurster
Phantom Dancer
Infinity Edge

The last two slots I am tossing up between:

Trinity Force
Blade of the Ruined King
The Black Cleaver

Any suggestions? Anything I maybe missing?

Kaosune

04-01-2013

Blade of the Ruined King is usually a must when I use vayne =)

Snowbi Wan

Recruiter

04-01-2013

I'd definitely favor BOTRK b/c of the attack speed to help proc that W

Stryker159

04-01-2013

Quote:
nickellbob:
I am Just getting into using Vayne and I wanted some advice on a build. So far i've got:

Beserker Boots
Blood Thurster
Phantom Dancer
Infinity Edge

The last two slots I am tossing up between:

Trinity Force
Blade of the Ruined King
The Black Cleaver

Any suggestions? Anything I maybe missing?

those last 2 slots should be for a situational DPS item and a situational defensive item. I say situational as it will depend on your team comp, the enemy team comp and how teamfights are playing out

Miezner

04-01-2013

One of those last 2 slots should most likely be Last Whisper. That shreds any armor your opponents may have built to defend against you. Deny them any kind of hope with it >

The Last slot I would save for either an escape tool - like quick silver sash, or a tank item to help keep you alive longer - like Guardian Angel or Banshee's Veil.

If I may put a suggestion, I would rush a Last Whisper after your first item (IE or BT). This should be around level 10. Which by then most champions will barely have the armor to deal with you. Make them fear your arrows.

SirRhinoThe3rd

04-01-2013

what a good build for vayne is doesnt really need a bunch of damage but more att. spd i believe to proc ur w faster and deal more damage
so i think BORK is usually a first or second item to add 5% to the already %hp w.. it also adds a nice boost of att.spd
then i seem to like going with a phantom dancer and IE to start hitting more crits plus and att.spd = more crits and more %hp damage.. once u get those plus ur boots you want to go somewhat defensive.. if your team doesnt have enough peel to keep u alive i would recomend a GA so whatever dives at you cant just burst you then laugh.. if you feel safe behind your team go for a last whisper and maximize ur damage with arm.pen or if you think someone might be able to get close to you or you want to get more slows without red buff maybe even a frozen mallet so you can kite your way to victory
the last item will always be situational but those are ones id recomend in most games

SeCKS Egai

04-01-2013

Don't build triforce on vayne, you need the slot for something else.

Bloodthister or BotRK - that's a matter of preference, more damage or more attack speed.

PD is pretty standard

Zerks standard

IE - practically standard - IE+PD is very effective in general

Last 2 slots are situational

Felcobain

04-03-2013

i will tell you the way i build, i would rush boots right after 2 dorans , then a zeal it's amazing on vayne, right after a BF , a dagger and right after a Vampiric Scepter, then you can finish your BT And PDif you feel like dominating you can go for a LW an iff you need to survive you can go for a defense item, i'd recomend Banshee's, Mercury Smicitar, warmogs, Guardian Angel, and even Randuin's ( i only build this if any burst champ is fed and can jumb to you like xin, jaxwhose AS is high)

Right after i usually go for another PD if my game is going really good, or BotRK if they have beefy champs, and if yOu feel like dominating you could go IE , usually i don't build it on vayne,most people disagree but unless i'm not getting any defense item i would go for IE GOOD LUCK .

P.S. PD and IE are amazing together just because of the crits, it's up to you , but often build them
in all of the other carries, i've played more than 700 games with vayne and it's just my point of view, static shiv is good too if you have any split pushing tactic or if your gold it's not enough and you really need the AS to avooid getting behind.

PiggyWasTaken

04-03-2013

For the last two slots you should have a Blade of the ruined King and a 2nd Blood thirster / Phantom Dancer

Ericxz

04-04-2013

Ok so botrk is a good item. It is very good on vayne. I personally dont use it and go bt though. When you go botrk go Botrk IE PD LW. I really dont see the point in going Botrk Pd and having 90% atk speed and no ad. I dont go botrk becuz i like AD