How do you feel with the new Karma?

I am fine with the new Karma. 406 33.97%
I want old Karma back. 650 54.39%
I am undecided. 139 11.63%
Voters: 1195. You may not vote on this poll

Karma Petition

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SupluSangeRegele

04-01-2013

I personally am not a Karma player. I am more of an ADC or top laner. I am also a mid laner. Supports, in general, are not my cup of coffee. That being said, I find the remake of Karma just awful. While I admit her kit before was in need of some work, it did not need to be raped, ravaged, and destroyed as it was in this remodeling. (This is IMO. Just saying.)

The old Karma shielded for a fantastic amount. She held the strongest shield in the game, and its drop did a great deal of damage. Her fans were not amazing with heal for a solo person, but they gave a grand amount of hp for the tanks and bruisers as well as a fair team heal, while retaining the whole "Karma" idea. Her fans healed allies and damaged foes. Her shield protected teammates while harming the offensive opponents. The Spirit Bond...that is where the remake was needed. In all honesty, the root is has now could have been added before to the old Karma and BAM. Remake done. She just needed one bit of cc. Now, all of her damage is gone, her armour is gone, and she was given subpar cc and output.

The old Karma was able to support a carry bot lane. Yes, I admit that Soraka or Sona may heal more, but they did not have the output Karma had.While healing, she harmed the opposing laners, often times scaring them from landing the killing blow on her carry. The same goes for her shield. The transfer on her shield has allowed for a fantastic shield to stop one or two turret shots from reaching her lane partner, thus saving her life. The Bond gave some speed >.>. Even her passive was wonderful. The less HP she had, the more AP she was given. Everything about her lived up to her name. Karma. Now, what do we have after this remake?

Karma cannot shield her allies for anything above useless. With how not tanky she is, if you focus some ap into your shield, you lose durability and, in the end, your life. Her Q is not a team heal or self heal in any sort. It is a skillshot. Now, old Karma was about saving her allies. Protecting those around her. Keeping loved ones from harm. This Karma seems to have lost her way and now uses an ability that is far from protecting. A skillshot will not save her allies. If you manage to land the ability, it slows them for a bit. Not even long enough for the AoE to strike them. No support for her team. Her Bond is stronger now, I admit. It CC's after an unbroken 2 seconds of the Bond staying connected between her and the opponent...when she manages to bring them within the short range it has. By the time she brings them into the range of the Bond, she has taken heavy damage, and heals (If and only if you use the Mantra) for what she has now taken in damage...if you stay within range. Her shield is mediocre, at best. A tiny shield to take oneish hit from the opponent. Mantra shields the team for 50% of the small shield, making the absorbed damage meaningless. This Mantra effect on the shield would have made sense on the old Karma, but not this one.

This brings us to the passive. A CDR for her one Mantra when you land an ability, and half the effect when you auto attack. Since the CD has been upped for the Mantra, it seems almost pointless. As if you would then have the original CD for the old Mantra, which seems to me that this new passive is completely useless.

I have seen a Karma get fed 8 kills early on, and it meant nothing for her. She fell off hard in barely any time. 8 kills meant nothing for her. It gave her no survivaility or output. Even a Rabs did not give her shield any sort of durability. I have yet to see a Karma support anyone effectively in any match I have seen, and she is even less of a threat in top, mid, and even jungle.

Does anyone else agree? If so, and if there are enough people who agree with the feeling of dislike for the remake, I would like to create a petition in hopes of returning the old Karma back to the game. I felt safer with a support who can heal and shield me with something reliable, not with a soft shield, skillshot Q, and a no range Bond.

Invictrix

04-01-2013

New Karma all the way.

Feynt

04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictrix View Post
New Karma all the way.
Heathen!

The old Karma had a far superior skill set. The only problem she might have had is solved by the only skill that doesn't suck on the new Karma, Focused Resolve, because of the root.

CerealBoxOfDoom

04-01-2013

I like new karma, I want her W to be more impress though

RadiantPyrophore

04-01-2013

If we stick with new Karma, she needs serious buffs and a bit more flexibility. Probably being able to use W on minions and monsters and having her passive actually work for every champion hit like it says, instead of just once any time you hit with a spell. She also needs better base numbers and scaling on her basic abilities if you consider mantra to be an ultimate, because right now the basic abilities are obviously gimped without mantra.

Charofry

04-01-2013

I'm gonna have to side with SupluSangeRegele and Feynt on this one. Overall the old skill set was better minus the Spirit Bond. You've got my vote.

Also, check out these two other posts. One is more mathematical and the other is mine, so... yeah.
Math--http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3288355
Mine--http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3288592&highlight=karma+supporter s

PrettyUnicorns

04-01-2013

RIP 18 sec mantra charge with 40% CD.

Soferir

04-01-2013

Imo they should've just implemented a choice between the 2 skill-sets. Before game, it should allow you to CHOOSE between the pre-rework kit and post-rework kit, using the statistics and performance of the 2 to decide whether they should tweak the rework some more.

Z The Great1578

04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soferir View Post
Imo they should've just implemented a choice between the 2 skill-sets. Before game, it should allow you to CHOOSE between the pre-rework kit and post-rework kit, using the statistics and performance of the 2 to decide whether they should tweak the rework some more.
I feel like that's a horrid idea

RadiantPyrophore

04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soferir View Post
That would actually be a good idea, but it would have to be temporary.