Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why I'm quitting LoL ranked...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Player Someone

04-03-2013

I don't play ranked because I am a troll.

Sereg Anfaug

04-03-2013

Four out of ten games, there's a leaver or AFK or troll on your team. Five out of ten games, there's a leaver or troll or AFK on the other team.

If you can't win more then you lose with those odds, you are the problem, and belong in Bronze 5.

Mukk

04-03-2013

Quote:
YankNat:
....there is no point to playing ranked anymore. 9 out of 10 games, I end up on a team with either a troll, an AFKer, or a disconnected player. Thanks to this, I have landed in Bronze V with ZERO points.

Same here. AFKs/disconnects have ruined this game for me. 5 consecutive AFK matches today, in fact. I can CRUSH 4 or 5 matches in a row, scrape by to get to Bronze 4, then get just a couple of AFKers and lose it all no matter what I do. I give up.

What truly sucks is that this ISN'T a technology issue. Is it quite clear that people are AFK. Heck, many of them are in RED at the end on the match summary screen! So why do I have to sit through an entire match with that spot occupied by an AFKer? You can't tell me there isn't an answer to this kind of issue...

Nair7

04-04-2013

Yeah it sucks. The only situation I've been able to come up with is create a new account. *womp* I'm a better player than i was before so the new account is in a higher elo, you get fewer problems like that in higher elos

cooljay167

04-04-2013

If we all leave ranked, only trolls will be left on their little fancy island :3

HenryKrinkle

04-05-2013

I think you have "ladder anxiety". I consider normal games the same value as "ranked" games. SO what if there is a "bronze" beside your name or a "diamond". Ranked isn't anything special except there is a stamp placed on you which gives people anxiety for no reason really.

you gotta stop caring about toxic people, afks/leavers, unskilled, feeders, and so on. I don't get why these things stop you from having fun. I couldn't care less if all 4 of my teammates fed the enemy team and got toxic on me. Whatever man! Always another game to be played

f3zz1k

04-05-2013

anything in bronze is troll game... If you can't carry troll games, then you won't get out of bronze... simple as that!

So, choose if its worth continuing playing or trying fresh...

alaskaneagle

04-05-2013

Yea I did ranked but the amount of trolls and people playing who don't know how to play has left me shying away from ranked a LOT more than playing it.

I refuse to ever play solo; and even duo I don't do unless I test out the person I'm with in a norm or two first.

You may ask why and I'll tell you;
1) in one day I had a 10 game losing streak that took me from my promotion series to being demoted, and 7 of those games I lost due to one or more people trolling that game to make my team lose.
2)all of those games were solo que. When you add solo que up and put a statistic on it it's about 90% lose percent.
3) duo I have about an 80% win rate which means the difference is to staggering to be coincidence. broken system is broken.
4) when I seed people they end up high silver or gold. I'm about 85% sure I play well above my elo but due to the kinds of people the OP is talking about I'm pretty much stuck.

alaskaneagle

04-05-2013

Quote:
Sereg Anfaug:
Four out of ten games, there's a leaver or AFK or troll on your team. Five out of ten games, there's a leaver or troll or AFK on the other team.

If you can't win more then you lose with those odds, you are the problem, and belong in Bronze 5.

I've tested this theory a lot. It doesn't pan out this way.

the unbrok3n

04-05-2013

im tired of people just being rude. i have some good games and some bad games. if i have a bad game or a support who doesnt know how to play i get blamed. i main ADC and when the support is doing bad or if i have a rough start. People becomes just mean. its quite tiring and so yeah ranked solo games im done with.