Why I'm quitting LoL ranked...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YankNat

04-01-2013

....there is no point to playing ranked anymore. 9 out of 10 games, I end up on a team with either a troll, an AFKer, or a disconnected player. Thanks to this, I have landed in Bronze V with ZERO points.

It is mind-numblingly frustrating to play ranked in this elo from hell. The players are so horrible unskilled and, after blaming the rest of the team for their bad playing, decide to announce to both sides "gg" and continue to sit at the base while the rest of us scramble from one lane to the next.

This has happened to me so many times, that today I have decided I will no longer play ranked games. Sure, this game is free, but its users deserve better than being stuck with idiots day after day. Something has to be done before others like me decide to leave League all together (something I have also contemplated).

No, you can't rid the world of these idiots, sadly. But something could be done with AFK/DC players in ranked. For example, the entire game, though it may be played to the finish, should be wiped from both sides' record - no win, no loss, no demotions, no promotions. This last particular play who decided to say adios because he was angry happened within the first 15 minutes. "Screwed" doesn't even begin to cover it.

These people are allowed to continue to queue for ranked, despite their leaving status or horrendous connection problems, and completely destroy their teammates.

League ranked games have become a chore now. No fun, no point, nothing gained. And that, my fellow players, means I don't need to do it anymore.

Pet Succubus

04-01-2013

Solo Top Yorick, carry team, win.

Rainbowgasm

04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet Katherine View Post
Solo Top Yorick, carry team, win.
Yorick walks into a bar, there is no counter.

anyway, I'm quitting solo queue, my recent experience with people has also been complete ****. People are rude to me when I do bad, and when they do bad, I try to encourage the team to try to turn it around, but they just spam surrender and start saying they want to lose already. I'm lucky because I have some reliable duo queue players to go with now, but that's still only 2 out of 3 players, in a game where it only takes 1 to **** your experience up. I don't think I even want to know how long this bad streak is going to last, I've had them before and they just don't stop, they eat up pages in my match history when they happen and it feels like they will just never end. When you finally recover, after a painstaking effort of consistent good play and very few lucky streaks, the bad streaks start all over.

SoresuMakashi

04-01-2013

Lol, calling people "idiots" and thinking that you get trolled in 9/10 games. Meh, trolls happen. There's no need to exaggerate, generalise, or insult.

Good riddance.

YankNat

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoresuMakashi View Post
Lol, calling people "idiots" and thinking that you get trolled in 9/10 games. Meh, trolls happen. There's no need to exaggerate, generalise, or insult.

Good riddance.

And you are exactly the kind of person I'm talking about. Thank you for proving my point with your ignorant post.

Exploding Barrel

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankNat View Post
And you are exactly the kind of person I'm talking about. Thank you for proving my point with your ignorant post.
Yeah, you sound like kind of a jerk. Treat your teammates better and I bet a lot less of them will act like "trolls" back to you in return, and you'll have better games and win more as a result.

N0peTheVagineer

04-02-2013

i feel you man :/ first ranked match i just got out from all trolls and a DC. </3

ShadowVVraith

04-02-2013

I feel your pain bro, I am about ready to stop playing ranked games. What ticks me off is everyone claiming pick order trumps what people are actually good at playing. 4th pick is probably calling mid because that is his best role. First pick may also call mid because he is good, and has first pick.
Sadly, it is my experience that the games lost most are often started with pre game fights over roles. This is ruining my game experience because the whole game turns into a quest to have the other player reported. People need to start working together as a team, and not claim its a team game so last pick is responsible for filling a role they openly admit to being horrible at.

That Other Guy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2013

While I understand why a prisoner's island for "toxic" players is not a good idea, I really do think we should have one for afkers and leavers.

Great Pyrenees

04-02-2013

I quit ranked games 2 days ago because of this very issue.

First we get harrased by the last pick who wants mid.
We tell him he can have mid then he proceeds to wax philosophic on the maladies of our jungler.
The game starts and he non-stop trolls the poor jungler.
He literally said 'report' 50 times in all chat.
At end game chat he asked us to perform oral *** upon him and advised we kill ourselves.

Ranked working as intended? Of course I reported this guy, but this is a drop in the bucket.

What I want to know is how these people have the balls to even que for Ranked without a decent Rune page or enough champions to fill all 5 roles.