What about to play with no jungler?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AbsolutNoob

04-01-2013

Last NA tornaments I've seen teams switching the duo bot lane to mid or top to shut down the ap carry or the bruiser and in many cases the jungler must to babysit the lane abused to help farm the one facing 2 vs 1. The jungler only leaves to take red/blue buff. What about to play with a new position that is almost a support but helps to take red buff or blue buff without using smite. Sounds great to me to counter this new meta.

TeknoWizard

Recruiter

04-01-2013

Late game, you lack a smite to secure buffs/dragon/baron. You will NEVER get a Baron against a good jungler if your team doesn't have a smite, with VERY few exceptions (Notably, Cho'Gath or Nunu). Secondly, will that one more summoner spell make a real difference, over objective securing? I've had this argument with my friend who vehemently defends not running smite on a jungler because he thinks having exhaust or ignite and flash or ghost is better than being able to smite. Ignoring the harms of not having smite, will adding one summoner make a difference?

Dontkillplx

04-01-2013

Works in normals and low elo. Most people cant handle 2v1 at that level.

EclipticPromise

04-02-2013

Only in low elo

Snowbi Wan

Recruiter

04-02-2013

Personally I think a better solution is to pick a champion that can 1v2 fairly well to allow the jungler to go on his merry way - instead of requiring a babysitter. Rumble or Cho'Gath come to mind with some AOE damage and CC. Elise is also a strong choice because her rappel makes it so difficult to effectively tower dive. Those two seconds up in the air allow for more turret hits.

A 1v2 lane isn't so much about beating the other 2 as it is about beating the other teams solo laner. Keep in mind your ADC + support are beating away on their top laner at the same time. If you can do 'less bad' then you will come out ahead in the long run.