Is it possible to skip division in ranked ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Juiceboxqt

04-01-2013

Hi everyone,

First off, I'm going to warn you : english is not my first language, so please don't take the grammar mistakes into consideration. Thanks.

Now, I think I've loss my first 15 ranked games because I was just afk'ing or leaving or heck, trolling because I felt like I was playing with dumb people, which got me in Bronze V.

I recently started playing with one of my friend, Moisisure. It was his first time doing ranked games on his account. After 11 games, we went 10 wins , 1 loss. He got placed in Gold V. We are literally complety destroying every game, the only game we loss was due to it being a 3v5 and yet, we both had very good games.

I am now wondering, if I keep playing with him will I be able to skip division at some point ? We are literally facing player in the Silver II / III / IV / V range, so my guess would be. .. yes ? But I only did Bronze V to IV.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to read it!

My adc lolking : http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/19304751
My lolking : http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/32221720

Lock102

04-01-2013

I am pretty sure that the answer is a no. But if you are doing so well with your duo it shouldnt be to hard to rank up quickly.

Juiceboxqt

04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lock102 View Post
I am pretty sure that the answer is a no. But if you are doing so well with your duo it shouldnt be to hard to rank up quickly.

It isn't hard at all to be honest, it is just super boring. There's no fun at completly destroying the other adc / support.

If it's not possible to skip division, I was thinking that it might be faster to just create a new account, I mean, it's about 100 wins to get to lvl 30 , and it will take about 100 wins to get out Bronze / Silver range.

Baxter the Teddy

04-01-2013

Yes, it is.

Selcopa, who you'll see a lot on the competetive discussion, skipped from Plat 3 straight to Plat 1. We went on a losing streak and fell back into Plat 2 but it took like 7-8 games.

If you're MMR is high enough, you can just skip divisions but it sounds like that might not be for a while, since you tanked your MMR.

Juiceboxqt

04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter the Teddy View Post
Yes, it is.

Selcopa, who you'll see a lot on the competetive discussion, skipped from Plat 3 straight to Plat 1. We went on a losing streak and fell back into Plat 2 but it took like 7-8 games.

If you're MMR is high enough, you can just skip divisions but it sounds like that might not be for a while, since you tanked your MMR.

To be honest, I think that right now my MMR is a lot higher than my current rating. I'm only playing against people in the Silver range ( II , III , IV , V ) and I'm not always the last pick!

Lock102

04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter the Teddy View Post
Yes, it is.

I did not know this. Thats pretty cool. But i am assuming you cant go from like bronze to gold and skip silver. or am i wrong on that too lol.

Baxter the Teddy

04-01-2013

I doubt you can do that.

Juiceboxqt

04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lock102 View Post
I did not know this. Thats pretty cool. But i am assuming you cant go from like bronze to gold and skip silver. or am i wrong on that too lol.

That would be too fun.

I'm really thinking about just lvling from 1 to 30 again, I don't know. I guess I'll see how it goes!

Lock102

04-01-2013

Im going from Silver to Challenger, Easy! You nubs aint got nuthin on me. HUE HUE!

Selcopa

04-01-2013

You can skip divisions (like from 5 to 3) but not skipping entire tiers. If your MMR is high enough you can get through to 90+ LP point without the clamp