Best adc to carry solo queue/solo queue adc tips?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vortical42

04-02-2013

I'd say twitch is also worth taking a look at. His escape isn't quite as good as someone like graves or Ez. He makes up for that though with perhaps the most powerful ult of any ADC.

Snowbi Wan

Recruiter

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven13 View Post
What do you guys think about adc builds in solo queue? I never know whether to get my BT first or whether to just get a vamp scepter and build straight to IE.

I've seen numbers that I think said IE/PD/LW was the highest dps combo in the late game, but on certain builds I see on solomid almost all suggest going BT first. Why is that?
BT is easier to get to and provides more mid game power. Life steal is most effective when you are still trading damage in lane. Late game you would likely get bursted down before you can replenish your health via life steal.

IE alone isn't all that special, but it becomes stronger the longer the game goes and the more items you can bring along side it. 25% crit chance isn't that great. But when you combine that with a PD and the passive 250% crit damage IE becomes amazing. You get additional crit chance to proc that 250% more. And attack speed helps give you more opportunities to crit.

In general if you are struggling you will probably be backing more so the easier build path of BT is more favorable. Also you will want that mid game power surge to try and overcome the disadvantage that you probably lost the lane. If you push through and try to get an IE the game might snowball out of control before its power can kick in.

But if you are doing well in lane rushing IE can help speed up the process and ensure that the IE power kicks in even sooner.

BD MIND TAP

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoombaStompin View Post
Hi there Eleven13,

In my experience playing ADC in solo queue is very different than playing in a Team. In solo queue you want a champ that can be independently strong regardless of your support in the laning phase. You also want an adc who packs a punch during the mid game. This is where the game really shapes up, and if the enemy mid laner or jungler winds up fed, you want a champ who can contribute a lot post 6 to team fights.

I would start looking at Graves, MF, and Ezreal. Although I personally have a distaste to Ez, he has proven time and time again that if you're looking for a well rounded kit to keep yourself safe, doing damage at all times, and out playing opponents hard, hes your boy. I find Graves to be ideal for solo queue. Packing insane utility through smoke screen, 2 AoE nukes, and a "blink ability" that also gives an attack speed steroid Graves will stomp hard at all points in the game. Finally there's MF. There's not too much to say other than she can almost 1v2 the enemy bot lane with little help from her support. Her ult is a mid game power house. She is a really good pick if you want to take the game by the horns and shape it how you see fit.

~
I'm starting my new Stream Show where I'll be doing free Diamond Lessons/Coaching from 4pm-6pm PST Monday through Friday. The show is brand new, so if you wanna drop by the stream or add me in game, we can probably find some one on one time for coaching. www.twitch.tv/goombastompin
I would suggest the same 3. Esp mf. If they pick like vayne pick cait everytime though. I feel cait will destroy vayne no matter his support early levels. But Mf is really good with champs like sona amumu and jarvan .

Weirdo64

08-02-2013

Draven always wins even if it says defeat

Akromah

08-02-2013

Twitch. No one realizes he's amazing.

Ewiv

08-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD MIND TAP View Post
I would suggest the same 3. Esp mf. If they pick like vayne pick cait everytime though. I feel cait will destroy vayne no matter his support early levels. But Mf is really good with champs like sona amumu and jarvan .
Far too many people fall into the trap of picking cait to counter vayne. A good cait will counter vayne, a bad cait will just get wrecked. Understand which you are and pick appropriately. Also if vayne gets a good support she can usually survive in lane vs cait and farm decently. I often prefer to pick trist into vayne myself as trist's early game pressure can also keep vayne down in farm and offers up more kill potential. You just have to deal with the fact that during mid game you cant 1v1 vayne anymore until late game when you out range her. However if you can correctly zone her early game/kill her a few times you should reach end game status first and continue to stomp her.

And yes, most definitely consider twitch. He has a really strong 2v1 kit for lane phase when you can't rely on your support to do their job.