Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Best adc to carry solo queue/solo queue adc tips?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eleven13

04-01-2013

Hey everyone,

I'm maining adc for season 3, mostly because I have a 5s team that I play adc on so I'd like to get as good at the role as I can. Therefore, whenever I can adc in solo queue I do.

I'm just having some trouble in solo queue because I find it tough sometimes to carry games if my team doesn't do great in other lanes. This is making it a little tough for me to get myself into higher divisions.

Who do you guys feel is the best solo queue adc? I own all of them, and I play all of them but some more than others. And what tips would you guys have for me when I solo queue in terms of how I can take control of the game or give my team the best shot at winning?

Any advice would be great!

Thanks

JordyB

04-01-2013

First off, if you're trying to carry know that means telling you team how to correct mistakes without berating, letting them get fed as well (you're 7/1 let your teammates start getting kills, etc.). Honestly it's hard to carry with adc due to the fact that no matter if you're fed, you're still squishy and if you have a derpy team, things get heavy.But back to your question, I personally only adc as cait or ap teemo (sirvir if I'm forced to) because I've been trying to support my way outta bronze.

Cait is great because of her long range and is a simple click and do damage champ. As long as you're good and position and have a good complementary support you shouldn't have a difficult time in lane most games (or at the very least wont get crapped on). I'd reccomend this to you since you're probably already going, what troll uses Ap teemo.

I use Ap teemo as an "ADC" (apc more so in this case) in situations where I duo with my roommate because I trust him to support me. best combo is Teemo Taric and Teemo Rammus. Again with good supports. The "gimmick" here is of course the utility of your blind and the fact that many ADC forgo MR for damage runes. Like i said it works pretty well in lane personally for me, but deff lacks the impact late game if you're team is incompetent (but this is the case with a few ADC anyways)

Honestly find an adc or two you like playing, and be willing to learn how to support well. This way you can better dictate to your support how to help you carry. (warding by drag and tribrush only,
helping you zone, helping you push lane early because its hard for a carry to farm under tower early, etc.) Hope i helped ya out a bit

GoombaStompin

Recruiter

04-01-2013

Hi there Eleven13,

In my experience playing ADC in solo queue is very different than playing in a Team. In solo queue you want a champ that can be independently strong regardless of your support in the laning phase. You also want an adc who packs a punch during the mid game. This is where the game really shapes up, and if the enemy mid laner or jungler winds up fed, you want a champ who can contribute a lot post 6 to team fights.

I would start looking at Graves, MF, and Ezreal. Although I personally have a distaste to Ez, he has proven time and time again that if you're looking for a well rounded kit to keep yourself safe, doing damage at all times, and out playing opponents hard, hes your boy. I find Graves to be ideal for solo queue. Packing insane utility through smoke screen, 2 AoE nukes, and a "blink ability" that also gives an attack speed steroid Graves will stomp hard at all points in the game. Finally there's MF. There's not too much to say other than she can almost 1v2 the enemy bot lane with little help from her support. Her ult is a mid game power house. She is a really good pick if you want to take the game by the horns and shape it how you see fit.

~
I'm starting my new Stream Show where I'll be doing free Diamond Lessons/Coaching from 4pm-6pm PST Monday through Friday. The show is brand new, so if you wanna drop by the stream or add me in game, we can probably find some one on one time for coaching. http://www.twitch.tv/goombastompin

Eleven13

04-01-2013

Thanks for the advice guys, it really helps. I did play Cait for a long time and my stats with her are good, but I feel like she just becomes an auto attack in the late game which is why I stopped playing her so frequently. When I play sivir I feel like it becomes a stomp-or-get-stomped scenario as well.

The only qualms I have against teemo is dealing with the pure rage that would ensue if I picked him as adc then went ap =P

Thanks for the offer Goomba, unfortunately due to my work schedule I usually don't get home until after 6 so I don't think ill be able to catch the stream until summer time, but I'd love to have a coaching session or two with you if you ever feel like it to see what things I can work on.

I used to play graves a lot when I wasn't as good but I've been coming back to him recently and I think I will start using him more in solo queue. Ezreal I've played before but I recently started smart casting so I find him much stronger now. And as for MF I know she is awesome early game but I wasn't sure if she was reliable enough in the late game to be a safe solo queue pick.

Again, thanks a lot for the advice I really appreciate it.

Edit: actually Goomba, if I can get the stream going on my phone I can listen to it on my way home from work, it would definitely beat listening to the radio for an hour lol

Snowbi Wan

Recruiter

04-01-2013

One thing I value in an ADC very highly if I don't know who I'm playing with is mobility/escape. So champs like Ez, Trist, Caitlyn, Graves are really valuable for their ability to get out of trouble if you get in a bad spot. With poor communication it is much easier to have a bad engage with poor positioning. ADC's with a repositioning skill can help overcome that.

Eleven13

04-01-2013

Quote:
BigDeJong:
One thing I value in an ADC very highly if I don't know who I'm playing with is mobility/escape. So champs like Ez, Trist, Caitlyn, Graves are really valuable for their ability to get out of trouble if you get in a bad spot. With poor communication it is much easier to have a bad engage with poor positioning. ADC's with a repositioning skill can help overcome that.

Yeah I agree, I only play champs like Varus or Kog in teams, even though I usually play varus pretty well. In solo queue I've been playing Draven or Vayne, but things haven't been going so hot lately with them.

Miezner

04-01-2013

Caitlyn is too viable of an ADC to not pick. Her kit is perfect for her design, she has escape, a snare, and 2 very long range abilities. Typically you want to pick an adc that can also play with the strategy your team has chosen.

For poke heavy teams - Varus and Caitlyn are perfect for their long range Q's. For High mobility/escape - Graves/Ezreal/Vayne are ideal. For Kill lanes or high harassment in the early levels - Draven and Miss Fortune and Caitlyn top the charts. Currently in the LCS (the pro league) Varus, Caitlyn and Draven are the 3 most played adcs.

Imo Caitlyn and Draven are the best adcs in the game. I do realize I have not mentioned Ashe in this and only cause I haven't seen her played alot, and some suggest that Varus is a more powerful version of Ashe anyway (I wouldn't agree to that completely).

Eleven13

04-02-2013

What do you guys think about adc builds in solo queue? I never know whether to get my BT first or whether to just get a vamp scepter and build straight to IE.

I've seen numbers that I think said IE/PD/LW was the highest dps combo in the late game, but on certain builds I see on solomid almost all suggest going BT first. Why is that?

Quote:
Miezner:
Caitlyn is too viable of an ADC to not pick. Her kit is perfect for her design, she has escape, a snare, and 2 very long range abilities. Typically you want to pick an adc that can also play with the strategy your team has chosen.

For poke heavy teams - Varus and Caitlyn are perfect for their long range Q's. For High mobility/escape - Graves/Ezreal/Vayne are ideal. For Kill lanes or high harassment in the early levels - Draven and Miss Fortune and Caitlyn top the charts. Currently in the LCS (the pro league) Varus, Caitlyn and Draven are the 3 most played adcs.

Imo Caitlyn and Draven are the best adcs in the game. I do realize I have not mentioned Ashe in this and only cause I haven't seen her played alot, and some suggest that Varus is a more powerful version of Ashe anyway (I wouldn't agree to that completely).

I just feel like caits damage is very mediocre especially if she has a bad laning phase. I used to play her a ton and like I said in an earlier post my stats with her are good, but I worry that she doesn't have a powerful enough burst impact if my team gets in trouble. I could be completely wrong though and maybe I should give her another shot. I've also been playing draven lately but I'm still getting used to teamfights with him, laning is easy but I have a harder time once the lane phase ends.

I love varus and I'm pretty good with him, but his lack of escape sans blowing his ultimate to get away is concerning outside of teams.

Sephïroth

04-02-2013

General rule:

If you're dominating your lane an Early Infinity Edge is always best.

If you're losing your lane, Blood Thurster is best.

If its tied, it depends on your ADC. If its more caster based go for a BloodThurster, if its more DPS Based go for Infinity Edge.
Exceptions: Vayne and Kog'Maw both synergize really well with BoRK, this is usually their first item.

If you're just being pub stomped in lane its best just to bite the bullet and grab an Avarice blade and farm. Take Wolves/Wraiths if you can, your turret is probably down, push farm it past the turret and go farm more jungle. You need at least a Blood Thurster before you can participate in team fights.

Unless you can participate without losing farm, don't even worry about what's going on the rest of the map. Some people will rage, but they are wrong. Everyone loses a lane once in a while, and the only thing you can do is farm and work on getting to late game. Helping in the team fight if you do no damage is just going to get you and your team killed.

Generally you want to get IE/BT->PD/Shiv->LW/Defensive item->LW/Defensive item->Furor boots ->IE/BoRK/BT(One you didn't get early)->Depends on ADC.

Omicron Austin

04-02-2013

I'd personally go with Draven. I can't think of another ADC that can wreck the other ADC as hard or as quickly if you make some smart choices. He can snowball hard and do it with almost no help from a support.

Ezreal is probably also great. In Season 2 I went from 1000 elo to 1400 with Ezreal alone.

I won't say that Draven and Ezreal are overpowered or any stronger than other AD's, it's just that I feel if you know you're better than your lane opponent, they seem to take the best advantage of that skill gap.