Dominion Community Council Suggestions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wingstreet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2013

There is a TON of stuff that can be done with DD and a council to help Feeds is mandatory imo. The main thing we need to focus on is what we the community can do. I've talked at length with kiri about this stuff in chat.

I think it would be very beneficial to recognize the positions that the council really needs to fill. Admins, Web Design, Web Development, Casters, Public Relations, Streamers, ect., ect.. Something like this needs to be treated like organized volunteer work. If it is treated like a workplace enviroment (without the pressures of a real job) we can really get something going. It's a miracle Feeds has been able to do so much with so little help over the last year.

First and foremost, I believe, the site needs to be fixed. Kiri and Feeds are probably going to do this very soon from what I gather. Once the site is fixed there are many opportunities to do some real PR. It will also serve as a place to compile things like links to streams, brackets, past tournament replays on twitch, ect., ect., ect.. We can abuse what we have and actually spam the website in games at this point. The biggest thing about PR is we need to be vocal as a community. Once the website is complete I really urge ALL good dom players to make at least a single guide for a champion on dominion. Even if we have to use MobaFire for this that would be ok. We can all upvote DD guides and clean up the guide section on MobaFire. Things like that are really easy and fast ways to get proper PR. SOOOOOOOOO many new players use MobaFire. If we can give them guides that work then we are potentially bringing in new players.

Another PR idea is that once we have the ball rolling we do not stop. We start messaging websites like solomid.net, pcgamer, IGN, gametrailers, kotaku, any decent gaming site. See if we can get them to post a front page article or even interview some DD people.

(work/friends stopping me here I will post more)

Golly

04-02-2013

Ok, I've stayed away from this thread for a few days on purpose. I wanted to formulate my thoughts on the subject to respond in an intelligent way.

I think that there needs to be something done to help Feedski. The biggest problem is that even though Feedski does a ton of work, and is an amazing person in terms of starting and running DD, he has weaknesses just like the rest of us. In terms of people management and administration in terms of project assignment and follow-through seems to be lax.

This is where he needs help essentially. I think more than anything, Feedski needs an executive assistant. Someone who get's assigned tasks by Feedski and sees them through to completion. Be that assigning them to other people and keeping track of all the projects.

That is where it becomes a problem, because there isn't anyone out there that wants to do this huge thing because it is unpaid. But broken down into chunks, it is much easier. And if a group of people were to take on the task, like you said, it becomes much easier.

It won't work without Feedski being on board. What he needs to do is create a list of things that need to be done, then a system where someone sees something on the list, takes care of it, and then posts or notifies Feedski that it's done. This can be something as easy as making a reddit post about the tournament that week, or something as complex as negotiating with sponsors.

Let me know what you end up deciding to do, and I'll see what I can do to help.

Arcades79

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2013

Pinning the Sauron/Nek/Painkillar guides to the top of this forum would be a start. Also, if there was a way to cross promote in the General Discussion (aka Summoner's Rift) board, that would be great as well.

wingstreet

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades79 View Post
Pinning the Sauron/Nek/Painkillar guides to the top of this forum would be a start. Also, if there was a way to cross promote in the General Discussion (aka Summoner's Rift) board, that would be great as well.
better yet. get all the info on DD and get a link to DD pinned.

of the way

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingstreet View Post
better yet. get all the info on DD and get a link to DD pinned.
I think it would be best for as much as possible to be done on the DD website once it's ready. One centralized location that people know they can turn to. And a location that we control. The more reasons people have to visit the site, the better. Then it's just a matter of finding the best ways to make sure new players actually know to go there.

Golly

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcades79 View Post
That would require logging on, and clicking a few buttons. We all know Riot employees are not miracle workers.

kirillian

04-03-2013

I have written the first draft of the council proposal!
Go to town. Comment here or there. Let me know your thoughts. Let's make this as awesome as possible.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DominionCC/c...ncil_proposal/

DG TheFeedski

04-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golly View Post
Ok, I've stayed away from this thread for a few days on purpose. I wanted to formulate my thoughts on the subject to respond in an intelligent way.

I think that there needs to be something done to help Feedski. The biggest problem is that even though Feedski does a ton of work, and is an amazing person in terms of starting and running DD, he has weaknesses just like the rest of us. In terms of people management and administration in terms of project assignment and follow-through seems to be lax.

This is where he needs help essentially. I think more than anything, Feedski needs an executive assistant. Someone who get's assigned tasks by Feedski and sees them through to completion. Be that assigning them to other people and keeping track of all the projects.

That is where it becomes a problem, because there isn't anyone out there that wants to do this huge thing because it is unpaid. But broken down into chunks, it is much easier. And if a group of people were to take on the task, like you said, it becomes much easier.

It won't work without Feedski being on board. What he needs to do is create a list of things that need to be done, then a system where someone sees something on the list, takes care of it, and then posts or notifies Feedski that it's done. This can be something as easy as making a reddit post about the tournament that week, or something as complex as negotiating with sponsors.

Let me know what you end up deciding to do, and I'll see what I can do to help.
I could make a Wunderlist. We used that when I was helping my brother with his website. I could give everyone who is helping the password that way anyone has from free time and wants to help can go check it out. If they see something they want to do, they can just check it off the list. This could have problems if we aren't on the same page, but it's a pretty good site and I think it could work.