Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dominion Community Council Suggestions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NamKim

04-01-2013

Quote:
DSpyder:
You should fold DD and DD TT into one site. While you are at it, could you possibly improve you main page site? It's a bit droll.

TheFeedski did mention he is considering it.

kirillian

04-01-2013

Quote:
NamKim:
I'm assuming you will be heading this project?

I'll just give my 5c here. Feel free to take any suggestions or ignore them entirely.

For obvious issues, we want to avoid using any money if possible. I assume that keeping the website up alone is a money drain. So, using money should be something out of necessity.

I like to think the primary task on hand is to make sure that DD tournaments can run smoothly. That should be the primary focus. I am not always available on Saturdays so I cannot help out even if I wanted to. It is also rough since the semester is wrapping up for me and classes has been kicking my butt.

Then you should get this community council established. Something more official and a methods of communicating with each other, even for those who could not make it. You can figure out something that is convenient for you.

Once the council is established, divide and conquer each individual issues. I think one advantage that Dominion always had over Twisted Treeline is that we had a centralized community who could take charge, Dominate Dominion. If someone could direct the time and attention of this community into completing a task, I think we might all be surprise how much we can actually accomplish. If we all chip in a little, even maybe writing like one article a month, it can really, really add up.

Actually, I'm already planning on fronting costs for keeping the DD site running if that is needed...I've already been trying to work with The Feed to get the site moved to better hosting (I spent most of the last month working on getting moved...that kept me pretty busy, but now that we're moved, it's time to get this done!)...it costs pretty much nothing to host a site nowadays and I already keep my own servers up and running for about $20 a month. Those costs would be minimal...as it is, I think that there are plenty of people like myself who have a job and wouldn't mind donating a small amount. The biggest inhibitor to people donating is usually transparency...they want to see that their donation will go towards forwarding the goal. Getting something off the ground and being able to show progress will more than likely bring donors who wouldn't otherwise be comfortable donating out of the woodwork. We may/may not have more resources available than we think we do, but we can almost always get wider support if people see a highly organized group of people making things happen. Showing that we're actively working towards our goals will do more than anything I think to get those people sitting on the fence to commit time and energy.

Hamm3rhand

04-01-2013

i think that reddit would be a great way for this to work. if you make like /r/dominionCC or something like that, then you can flair "members of the council" while other people can still have input if they want to. Then you will have a log, and people can see discussions in their normal reddit lists if they subscribe. Not to mention that it would be free and that reddit is something that probably a decent amount of people frequent anyway, rather than adding a separate site to check.

Edwy

The Council

04-01-2013

<---------------------

+1

stormfallen

04-01-2013

Quote:
Hamm3rhand:
i think that reddit would be a great way for this to work. if you make like /r/dominionCC or something like that, then you can flair "members of the council" while other people can still have input if they want to. Then you will have a log, and people can see discussions in their normal reddit lists if they subscribe. Not to mention that it would be free and that reddit is something that probably a decent amount of people frequent anyway, rather than adding a separate site to check.

Aaaaaaand created.
http://www.reddit.com/r/DominionCC/ (http://www.reddit.com/r/DominionCC/)

kirillian

04-01-2013

Quote:
Edwy:
<---------------------

+1

Well played sir. Well Played.

NamKim

04-01-2013

I procrastinate enough, I'm not making a Reddit account

A12MO12

04-01-2013

The president of this council has to be Jellyneck.

kirillian

04-02-2013

It seems like there is quite a bit of interest in Reddit, but I've also noted some concerns from people in DD chat and NamKim here that Reddit might not be the best place either...I'm concerned about splitting our voices and discussion, but does it make sense to mirror the discussion on Reddit AND forums?

Also, Golly mentioned to me last night that we could probably use /r/DominateDominion.
Then there was a suggestion that we just use a private forum on the DD site (which assumes us getting it up and running smoothly here shortly).

For now, I'm going to post in both places to get this thing off the ground, but I would like to hear more ideas and discussion from you guys on what might be the best way to head with this. I'm unsure myself, frankly, as Reddit has a FANTASTIC format for discussion threads, but it requires that the community have an account other than their summoner account which may/may not be inhibiting. At the same time, we have a means of communicating here on the forums, but we don't have a means of moderation. Just some things to mull over...I'll update the OP some time today to include these suggestions and will be posting something on the overall structure for what we want to do...if you have any ideas, please continue you post them here...feel free to message me in the client as well, but if you post your ideas here, it only improves discussion.

Koravel

04-02-2013

The other thing we can do is get some more mentors involved in the DM chat. I feel like I am by far the most active in there, and I don't really know anyone else who actually does it regularly except maybe Golly and Pyro.

It really helps out interest in the game to get people to the level where they at least know what they are doing.

This is definitely a good idea overall, Feedski shouldn't be having to handle practically everything himself, and I am down for doing whatever is needed. Not ready to give up on Dominion just yet, despite Riot's complete ignorance of it, including that massive thread.