Dominion Community Council Suggestions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

stormfallen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by War1eader View Post
I like this idea, a Dominion support/leadership sub-Reddit may be useful.
There's the rather dead /r/leagueoflegendsdom subreddit, which we could use if theFeedski, CombatCube, and/or Oni_Spumoni let us.

naotasan

04-01-2013

I was thinking about making a movement post.

S.E.T

Summoners for Equal Treatment.

Obviously Riot treats us worse just because we don't play SR. Isn't that prejudice?

NamKim

04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirillian View Post
(take me for example...I can help get the site RUNNING, but I sure as heck am not very good at writing articles or making sure announcements get put up...my WIFE reminds me of when to send birthday cards to my own family cuz I just forget that stuff sometimes...).
Get your wife to play Dominion.

kirillian

04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamKim View Post
Get your wife to play Dominion.
Er...ya...not happening...I WISH it would work, but she's not really into competitive games like this...

Fancy Wolf

04-01-2013

Well I pulled a friend in, when feeds brought up this being the Last DD, Loli, Crimson(the friend), and I sat around for 3-5 hours watching vods finding major balancing/tournament issues with Dominion, A few of which could easily be fixed by us without Riot intervention. I will try to be sitting down with Feeds and Crimson today in skype to try and discuss the issues that Crimson also pointed out.

Now as backround for Crimson, he analyzes things alot better than myself, and even though he hasnt played LoL in awhile, when we mentioned the shift of control of DD happening he sat there for the rest of the night after our meeting going through Vods/Posts/ect. and brainstorming balancing ideas and ways to increase the tournaments popularity.

The major things we have discussed (which i will go into much deeper detail after my meeting with feeds and crimson):
-New teams and they're longevity.
-Summoners
-Aura
-Towers
-Map Vision
-TTC (Time to Cap)
-Kassadin
-Picks/Bans
-Penetration
-Dom specific items
EDIT!!----- Respawn timers (duh)

Again a few of these can be handled very easily by us, Riot intervention would have to happen with some of the others, but tweaks that are so minimal even Nome could have it pushed out in a week.

NamKim

04-01-2013

I think between Fancy and myself, we got the bulk of the issues down.

Now, for the hard part of actually fixing them.

kirillian

04-01-2013

There are always more problems than solutions. The tough part is getting a plan in place for getting deliverables out there.

Fedeus

04-01-2013

I like this idea. I could help with some video editing stuff but I can't really talk on it because english is not my main language and my accent sucks. Im low elo but i'm willing to give a hand if you need it.

I've made a post of suggestion and point of view from a low elo player a few weeks ago if you want to check it ( http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3220019 ).

NamKim

04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirillian View Post
There are always more problems than solutions. The tough part is getting a plan in place for getting deliverables out there.
I'm assuming you will be heading this project?

I'll just give my 5c here. Feel free to take any suggestions or ignore them entirely.

For obvious issues, we want to avoid using any money if possible. I assume that keeping the website up alone is a money drain. So, using money should be something out of necessity.

I like to think the primary task on hand is to make sure that DD tournaments can run smoothly. That should be the primary focus. I am not always available on Saturdays so I cannot help out even if I wanted to. It is also rough since the semester is wrapping up for me and classes has been kicking my butt.

Then you should get this community council established. Something more official and a methods of communicating with each other, even for those who could not make it. You can figure out something that is convenient for you.

Once the council is established, divide and conquer each individual issues. I think one advantage that Dominion always had over Twisted Treeline is that we had a centralized community who could take charge, Dominate Dominion. If someone could direct the time and attention of this community into completing a task, I think we might all be surprise how much we can actually accomplish. If we all chip in a little, even maybe writing like one article a month, it can really, really add up.

DSpyder

04-01-2013

You should fold DD and DD TT into one site. While you are at it, could you possibly improve you main page site? It's a bit droll.