Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ashe Mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vehan

04-01-2013

Quote:
SupportOrWillAFK:
Let's type your name in LoLKing. http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/27932867#history

1st game -

First off, you went 5/1/26. Not 8.

47 minute game. 148 cs. The high assists indicate an inability to actually put out significant damage to perform the "clean up" role that you are supposed to do, even as a mid ADC. Your low cs also indicates the complete lack of using your summoners effectively. Heal is generally taken so you can win your lane. Now, perhaps your opponent was bad enough to "lose" against a heal Ashe, but 148 cs is hardly "winning" your lane.

I would say that your lack of deaths is more to either you playing very cautiously or ineptitude of your opponents. Back to the issue of heal, barrier or cleanse would have served you better in that slot along with flash.

Your items need work. I approve of the ward, but I have to ask the real purpose of Zephyr. It's not like the enemy team had a lot of cc. Zerker boots and a Last Whisper would have served you far better. Also, looking further down...Stinger is not an item Ashe wants.

That's just your first game. If you want me to continue, I can. Bottom line - "First learn the rules, then break them." If you want to be a meta creator, that is fine, but first learn the mechanics of the game, become good enough to forge a niche if that is what you want. But don't sit there with obvious faults in your game and tell us that what you're doing is the secret. Looks like you got carried.

At no point did you "carry" in any of the games on the first page of your record. Besides arguably the first one...and even that, the stats weighed in with the time played looks more like a support player that got a little lucky with KSing. There is no argument, because with that item build, you're basically just there for your slows...and even that can be done with a superior item build that makes you a threat at the same time.

Ashe used to be played mid, but the issue here is actually YOU. Work on your game, then come back and show us the results.

Edit: Tulluck - the meta is there for a reason. It shifts and changes with new information, champions, and sometimes just player whim. If you don't want to follow it, that's fine. But to ignore it is just as stupid as blindly following without understanding. Not doing the meta doesn't make you some unique snowflake. There is little difference between raging at someone for not doing the meta and raging at people expecting you to do the meta. At the end of the day, if you can make AD Blitz work, do so, but make sure you're actually a good player before coming on the forums and saying that "I don't want to do the meta and here is my play that proves I do well not doing the meta!". People will call you out.

The meta may be there for a reason, but rage quiting just because u dont like the Champ the person pick for the lane they called is unexceptable. U ruin the game for every one else when they have to go back to the match makeing queue just because u wanted to throw a little temper tantum when someone didnt do what u thought they should. Leaving in the middle of a game for that reason is far worse. U leave ur team a person short witch can (and most of the time does) spell defeat for ur team. I take Jarvan bot all the time, but every body says i shouldint. The truth of the matter is, I play better on bot, plain and simple, so i will take the lane im better at to help my team secure victory. I should not be prosecuted for that, nor should any one else.

Vehan

04-01-2013

Quote:
MonzoFoto:
26 assists. kills that i know for a fact my team wouldn't have been able to kill without me. I've accepted the fact that with all these super powerful chars, Ashe's damage output just doesn't compete, at ANY level. so I'm quick and can slow them for my op team mates to 1 shot if they can get in range, I'm OK with that. I'm about winning as a team not farming kills.

Dont worry about what other people say. A 5/1/26 game is still good, considering that makes ur KD spread a +4, and assist still help the team. Also, I put Zepher on my Ashe build as well, so stick with it, its a great item for ranged ADC. And the fact that u play causiously in mid in also good, like the other guy said, "thats why ur deaths are so low". A low death count is good, so to hell with him too. Keep doing ur thing.

Vehan

04-01-2013

Quote:
Sudoku:
League community : Follow meta or report, it is like that and always will be.
But dont get discouraged i also played mid ashe and i like it because of her Volley and Ultimate
Ignore the insult and do what you want, as long as you dont ruin it for others. After all its a game... to be entertained not to be sad over

Too true.

SupportOrWillAFK

04-01-2013

Quote:
Vehan:
The meta may be there for a reason, but rage quiting just because u dont like the Champ the person pick for the lane they called is unexceptable. U ruin the game for every one else when they have to go back to the match makeing queue just because u wanted to throw a little temper tantum when someone didnt do what u thought they should. Leaving in the middle of a game for that reason is far worse. U leave ur team a person short witch can (and most of the time does) spell defeat for ur team. I take Jarvan bot all the time, but every body says i shouldint. The truth of the matter is, I play better on bot, plain and simple, so i will take the lane im better at to help my team secure victory. I should not be prosecuted for that, nor should any one else.

Do you grasp the point of my post? It was to say that you can do what you want, really. I don't care. But don't come on the forums and say that what you do actually works well when your record illustrates that there is too much room for improvement to make your anecdote reliable. Look at his record. Far more losses than wins "doing what he wants". In the end, this is a team game and you have a responsibility to perform whatever position you take up.

Look at his Mastery choices for both ADC and Jungle. He could change it up, but at no point can I see any of the choices being optimal.

And that record he posted was a 47m long game. Almost EVERYONE has that kind of assist record in a game that long. The bottom line is that at that point, he is a detriment for his team. Now, I don't agree with people calling other people names, or harassing him, but he should have the integrity to at least work to improve himself instead of insisting that its all "their" fault and not his.

There is nothing wrong with Ashe mid, but you should at least understand the meta and basic mechanics before coming on the forums and complaining that people are mean to you.

Also, I might add, there is nothing wrong with Jarvan bot. It was popular for a bit to turn bottom into a kill lane. Something you would know if you followed the meta instead of being fixated on "fighting the man".

http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win-part-1.html

Quote:
Vehan:
Dont worry about what other people say. A 5/1/26 game is still good, considering that makes ur KD spread a +4, and assist still help the team. Also, I put Zepher on my Ashe build as well, so stick with it, its a great item for ranged ADC. And the fact that u play causiously in mid in also good, like the other guy said, "thats why ur deaths are so low". A low death count is good, so to hell with him too. Keep doing ur thing.
Zephyr IS a good item, but not at the point when he built it. There were far bigger boosts in power in relation to gold spent. Zephr is usually seen as a replacement for boots late game...something he wouldn't know because due to his CS and none kills, even in a 55m long game, he was unable to reach a 6 item ADC.

Look at his game history. Look at his choices of items, Summoners, and general CS. I have no problem with someone doing what works for them, but I expect sound reasoning and play to back up their arguments.

Synerax

04-01-2013

5/1/26.
He did good, but didn't carry. He didn't feed.
He has a KDR of 5.
So... can't really complain, can you?

And yes, I know I'm just a level 24 newb. But even us newbs know some things.

SupportOrWillAFK

04-01-2013

Quote:
RebornNinja1209:
5/1/26.
He did good, but didn't carry. He didn't feed.
He has a KDR of 5.
So... can't really complain, can you?

And yes, I know I'm just a level 24 newb. But even us newbs know some things.

1) KDR means little in regards to one game. Look at the overall KDR for all his games and notice that he doesn't play actual support. He is hurting his team if he isn't taking advantage of the gold/exp available to him as a solo mid laner. Also, for a 50m long game and as one of the solo lanes, he should be more farmed.

The entire point of the meta (2 solo lanes, one ADC lane with support, and a jungle) is to maximize the resources available to you (max exp/gold). But there is always room to tinker with things (just look up the Heimer game where they get like a 5m inhib).

But the OP isn't there yet.

2) The choices of his build and Masteries leave much to be desired. If he can't even admit to his own short comings, I take everything else he says with not just a grain of salt, but a shaker as well.

My entire point is that though people shouldn't be raging at him for trying what he likes (within reason), he doesn't have much a leg to stand on to claim that his teammates have nothing to complain about.

"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

theojones2584

04-01-2013

Hey it doesn't matter what people say,sometimes. Especially when there verbally abusing you! You can all was mute them. If they are doing weird,stupid stuff in the game just report them!Just have fun and do great! =D

Your Grace

04-01-2013

Your last game you went 0-15 on ashe.

Sir Bulldog

04-01-2013

If you want to go ashe mid then fine. Go mid, but you had better be able to lane against someone like katarina or rhyze who can burst down ashe with 1 combo. I don't have a problem with people trying out new things, but you have to be able to back it up with evidence. Based on your game history, it looks like you are trying to play ashe as a support. She is an ADC. She can compete with damage, if she gets fed.

1. If you want to play support then pick a viable support champion like Janna, or Nunu, or Soraka. I'll say it again. Ashe is an ADC.

2. If you want to get kills with Ashe, then you need to get good items. To get good items then you need to get good farm. 147 cs in a 47 minute game is not that great. You should be over 200 by the 45 minute mark.

3. Your item build needs improvement. Stinger has only 1 upgrade and that is the Nashor's tooth. Nashor's tooth is pretty much a worthless item on ashe, since only your ult has an ap ratio. Don't even think about building ashe ap. AD ashe is infinitely better than AP ashe. AD ashe vs AP ashe the ad ashe will ALWAYS win, because she puts out SO much more damage. Also zephyr is generally a better item for bruisers. Phantom dancer is much better item for ashe than zephyr.

Please don't take this the wrong way. I'm just trying to give you advice to make you a better player. Again, there is nothing wrong with breaking the meta as long as you have evidence to back you up.

JimsHardcore

04-01-2013

Quote:
SupportOrWillAFK:
1) KDR means little in regards to one game. Look at the overall KDR for all his games and notice that he doesn't play actual support. He is hurting his team if he isn't taking advantage of the gold/exp available to him as a solo mid laner. Also, for a 50m long game and as one of the solo lanes, he should be more farmed.

The entire point of the meta (2 solo lanes, one ADC lane with support, and a jungle) is to maximize the resources available to you (max exp/gold). But there is always room to tinker with things (just look up the Heimer game where they get like a 5m inhib).

But the OP isn't there yet.

2) The choices of his build and Masteries leave much to be desired. If he can't even admit to his own short comings, I take everything else he says with not just a grain of salt, but a shaker as well.

My entire point is that though people shouldn't be raging at him for trying what he likes (within reason), he doesn't have much a leg to stand on to claim that his teammates have nothing to complain about.

"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

But also, it is about learning... When one tries a different strategy like this, it comes with much time and practice to perfect.
Not all of us are Challenger God Koreans... Sure, criticize, but don't belittle.