Ashe Mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MonzoFoto

03-31-2013

I like playing Ashe. I play a very cautious ashe, and I like playing mid. You guys have built this game around the new super powerful characters. It takes me almost 6 games to finally get into a game where I can mid with Ashe because people just leave when they find out Ashe is miding.

And the entire game I get Griefed, EVEN though I end games with 8-1-20, I'm still a bad player to everyone. Most of the time I get fusterated and just feed because I feel the jerks on my team dont deserve a GG.

I also don't build my Ashe the way the community THINKS is best. I build her the way I like her and that's that. If it works for me and I am a great ashe, what's the big deal?

Elitest Jerks

Tulluck

03-31-2013

Doesn't matter which lane you go with any champion. There is no special buff you get with anyone going a specific lane. It matters if you are confident and know your champion well and know the map. Just because the "pro" meta says certain champions go somewhere doesn't mean you have to follow it. I only play Ashe in my years playing this game, nobody else appeals to me honestly at the least. I have dominated top, middle and bottom with her.

As long as you get the turrets, do the objectives and get the lanes open it is not a problem. Good luck. Ashe is a GREAT champion. Just have to know how to use her

Don't let people get you down. Most of them are just angry you can play her right when they can't.

Tulluck

03-31-2013

Also, do NOT just feed. Who cares what others think. Start finding people to play with that are a good team and also do not give in to d-bags. See ya

SmellTheJava

03-31-2013

You're a jerk yourself, grow up, kid.

Tulluck

03-31-2013

This game is filled with more elitist e peeners than any other game I have ever played. The fact that the think they MUST FOLLOW the meta just shows how shallow they are at the game and don't think for themselves at all. Horrible...

SupportOrWillAFK

03-31-2013

Let's type your name in LoLKing. http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/27932867#history

1st game -

First off, you went 5/1/26. Not 8.

47 minute game. 148 cs. The high assists indicate an inability to actually put out significant damage to perform the "clean up" role that you are supposed to do, even as a mid ADC. Your low cs also indicates the complete lack of using your summoners effectively. Heal is generally taken so you can win your lane. Now, perhaps your opponent was bad enough to "lose" against a heal Ashe, but 148 cs is hardly "winning" your lane.

I would say that your lack of deaths is more to either you playing very cautiously or ineptitude of your opponents. Back to the issue of heal, barrier or cleanse would have served you better in that slot along with flash.

Your items need work. I approve of the ward, but I have to ask the real purpose of Zephyr. It's not like the enemy team had a lot of cc. Zerker boots and a Last Whisper would have served you far better. Also, looking further down...Stinger is not an item Ashe wants.

That's just your first game. If you want me to continue, I can. Bottom line - "First learn the rules, then break them." If you want to be a meta creator, that is fine, but first learn the mechanics of the game, become good enough to forge a niche if that is what you want. But don't sit there with obvious faults in your game and tell us that what you're doing is the secret. Looks like you got carried.

At no point did you "carry" in any of the games on the first page of your record. Besides arguably the first one...and even that, the stats weighed in with the time played looks more like a support player that got a little lucky with KSing. There is no argument, because with that item build, you're basically just there for your slows...and even that can be done with a superior item build that makes you a threat at the same time.

Ashe used to be played mid, but the issue here is actually YOU. Work on your game, then come back and show us the results.

Edit: Tulluck - the meta is there for a reason. It shifts and changes with new information, champions, and sometimes just player whim. If you don't want to follow it, that's fine. But to ignore it is just as stupid as blindly following without understanding. Not doing the meta doesn't make you some unique snowflake. There is little difference between raging at someone for not doing the meta and raging at people expecting you to do the meta. At the end of the day, if you can make AD Blitz work, do so, but make sure you're actually a good player before coming on the forums and saying that "I don't want to do the meta and here is my play that proves I do well not doing the meta!". People will call you out.

MonzoFoto

03-31-2013

26 assists. kills that i know for a fact my team wouldn't have been able to kill without me. I've accepted the fact that with all these super powerful chars, Ashe's damage output just doesn't compete, at ANY level. so I'm quick and can slow them for my op team mates to 1 shot if they can get in range, I'm OK with that. I'm about winning as a team not farming kills.

Sudoku

04-01-2013

League community : Follow meta or report, it is like that and always will be.
But dont get discouraged i also played mid ashe and i like it because of her Volley and Ultimate
Ignore the insult and do what you want, as long as you dont ruin it for others. After all its a game... to be entertained not to be sad over

SupportOrWillAFK

04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonzoFoto View Post
26 assists. kills that i know for a fact my team wouldn't have been able to kill without me. I've accepted the fact that with all these super powerful chars, Ashe's damage output just doesn't compete, at ANY level. so I'm quick and can slow them for my op team mates to 1 shot if they can get in range, I'm OK with that. I'm about winning as a team not farming kills.
...Ashe's damage DOES compete. She's an ADC. If you build her right. Which you haven't. At this point, with your build, you're playing a support character, which is fine, if that's what you want, but you're better off playing Taric or Lulu if you want to slow, be fast, and help your "OP teamates" get kills.

There is NO reason why you can't build better and still do exactly what you said you wanted to do. At this point you're refusing to listen to reason and insisting that your path is still the best. There are plenty of videos and guides out there that show you exactly WHY Ashe can still be strong.

The entire purpose of a solo mid is to farm up your character and be a threat, not be a support. Your CS is lacking, your Summoners aren't the best (if you're going to take Heal, make sure you win lane...143 cs in a 50 minute game isn't winning your lane). You are hardly in the position to be judging a champion's strength when you can't even do the mechanics right (low cs, bad build).

The issue here is you, not the champion or your teammates. Granted, they were probably rude about how they presented it, but it doesn't change the validity of what they said. Again, I repeat, if you want to change the meta, make sure you're good enough to back up what you claim.

Read: http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=...he-build-guide

Note when Chaox says to get Zephyr in the guide, and the order of items he gets them in.

Edit: Also checked out your Masteries...I really hope that isn't what you're running...the Runes are arguable.

Zekentaru

04-01-2013

GO AGAINST THE META!
AP SKARNER TOP!
AP TRIST MID!
ADC VOLI!

'nuff said