Whats elo hell?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bronzz

11-06-2010

So I got this character to level 30. As many people know, I main mordekaiser and only play mordekaiser. Good thing hes never banned, because if the people knew what was coming their way, they would ban him every time. Anyway.

I started ranked thinking "oh, ill get a few losses here and there, no biggie".

First game, easy mode win, good team. I think I, like everyone else, started at 1200 elo.

Second game, 3 brazilians. They all quit at around 15 minutes and unfortunately, 2 vs 5 was a bit steep, so we lost.

The next 3 games were blowout "surrender at 25" victories. Too easy. So what the hell is elo hell and how does someone get in it? Im confused.

Mister Yi

11-06-2010

Keep getting paired with people liek in your second game, and it snowballs. It helps if you suck but decent players who don't know a cure get dragged down too.

Morde is often banned in elo hell, people cant deal with him >_>

xOYQyuqpZHcxpDk2

11-06-2010

For the first few games its all about luck, you happened to strike gold and get paired with competent players.

Others however will (often) get paired with leavers, Brazilians and feeders there first few games which then starts a spiral that is extremely hard to pull out of.

Skeith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2010

Those BR needs to start using mic .-.

Remsiag

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welcomer View Post
Keep getting paired with people liek in your second game, and it snowballs. It helps if you suck but decent players who don't know a cure get dragged down too.

Morde is often banned in elo hell, people cant deal with him >_>
This. You only got paired with leavers once, but for about 50% of the player population at the 1200 ELO in ranked get paired with players in your 2nd game most of the time, basically they keep on losing based on lucky of having leavers till they hit the 900 ELO. Guess what? ELO Hell.

After which most player find it impossible to escape as you get the same players that sent you there in the first place. if not leavers you get bad players that belong in that ELO. You manage to break out to 1200 ELO again? Chances are this will happen again, or you might get lucky and get to get out of the 1200 ELO bracket, then you have to face that 100 ELO where you still will get bad players.

tldr: Your not safe from bad players in ranked till you hit the 1400 ELO, sometimes 1600. until then, the chances of you falling back to ELO Hell is decent.

The Cycle of ELO Hell continues.

Grashtar

11-06-2010

You may leave the elo hell with tanks and supporters easily. If its jungling tank its doubled chance to win the game.

HAUHAUHAUHAUHAUHAUH YOU IS SUCK

Remsiag

11-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grashtar View Post
You may leave the elo hell with tanks and supporters easily. If its jungling tank its doubled chance to win the game.

HAUHAUHAUHAUHAUHAUH YOU IS SUCK
Disregard this sad troll. There is no "foolproof" way to beat ELO Hell, except always duo que with another competent player, and pray to the MM gods you don't get leavers, bad players can usually be carried, leavers cannot.