We need to talk about ARAM's.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

perpentach

04-03-2013

It's less about landing the skill shots, more about having to fight a lack of real estate.

Using lux, you can QE at max range from blue side with ease

http://imgur.com/a/nkR80#0

Just for comparison, locked camera when fighting from purple side using the health pack spawns as points of reference. You can see much further than you can from blue side than purple can.

You can see from health pack to health pack on blue, means less screen shifting and much easier time playing any skill shot based champ from blue side.

Zielmann

04-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by perpentach View Post
It's less about landing the skill shots, more about having to fight a lack of real estate.

Using lux, you can QE at max range from blue side with ease

http://imgur.com/a/nkR80#0

Just for comparison, locked camera when fighting from purple side using the health pack spawns as points of reference. You can see much further than you can from blue side than purple can.

You can see from health pack to health pack on blue, means less screen shifting and much easier time playing any skill shot based champ from blue side.
Position yourself better on the screen then. If you're playing from the blue side, you generally keep your champion toward the bottom left of your screen to maximize your field of view. Likewise, from the purple side, you generally keep them near the top right.

The visual distance from the center of screen to the bottom left corner might be different than the visual distance from the center of screen to the top right corner. But the total visual distance you have from the one corner to the other is the same, regardless of which corner you start from.

Kalarepa

04-04-2013

I play ARAM for 2 years and I've never noticed any blue vs purple side issues. The screenshot you posted, don't make any sense. There isn't any "vision disadventage", unless you play with locked camera, but no one does that.

LrdVprScrpn

04-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beravin View Post
Its less about the amount of information, and more about the means in which you have given it to us. For arguments sake, lets look at it a different way. Which do you think is more effective? A paragraph that looks like this? Or...

Its
less
about
the
amount
of
information,
and
more...

See my point? What has essentially taken 2-3 lines has become something that will span several pages because of how I am giving you the information. This is an excellent way of discouraging people from reading what you write.
Even though you are only explaining what the OP did wrong in his formatting, some of my anger has been transferred to you after I tried to read that.

Dukasho

04-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zielmann View Post
Position yourself better on the screen then. If you're playing from the blue side, you generally keep your champion toward the bottom left of your screen to maximize your field of view. Likewise, from the purple side, you generally keep them near the top right.

The visual distance from the center of screen to the bottom left corner might be different than the visual distance from the center of screen to the top right corner. But the total visual distance you have from the one corner to the other is the same, regardless of which corner you start from.
So what your saying is... it doesn't matter that the camera angle is different, and worse on purple side when centered on your champion. Just move the camera... well no kidding. But having to move your camera MORE on purple side to get the same field of view is the problem. It's not equal if it requires different playstyle

Watchmeflash

04-04-2013

I agree

Beravin

04-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LrdVprScrpn View Post
Even though you are only explaining what the OP did wrong in his formatting, some of my anger has been transferred to you after I tried to read that.
Haha, I apologize. It was not my intent to bother people, merely to prove a point.