Why Sivir is a champion that does not exist, Why you need to look at her kit.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NJewk

03-31-2013

Because everything she does can be done better by someone else. Her burst is lower and harder to hit (because there needs to be no minions near the target to deal good damage) than varus, graves, kog maw and pretty much every other carry. She is a worse pusher than caitlyn mainly because of mana costs, range, no escape, slower push, oh and no CC traps. Her late game is outdone by every other carry, she will only be dealing slightly more damage than ashe.

Again, everything she does can be done by others much better. She's got the lowest range among all carries for a reason i'll explain later. First off, let's just look at sivir as a whole.

Pros:
Laning is her strong phase of the game.
She can almost push as well as caitlyn for higher mana cost.
Her ultimate gives a free shurelias.

Cons:

Her laning is bad because her range is terrible and mana costs are high.
Caitlyn is a so much better pick for pushing, just because of her range alone.
Her ultimate can be countered with a shurelias. Also, jayce gate is better.
Her late game is the worst out of all carries, bar none.

Okay, so now we know what sivir is. A carry who cannot compete late game, who is strongest in laning phase and is a really weak laner. She's also lower burst than graves, worse pushing than caitlyn, worse damage than everyone, lowest range of all carries, very low utility and does nothing well.

Why would you EVER pick sivir?

No idea.

Let me just back up again. I said she has the lowest range in the game for a reason. It's because she was designed with something in mind before she got a rework. She was given low range because Ricochet used to be a toggle that made every attack bounce between targets. She was the best push champion in the game, and her late game was unique and different. Hitting the front line often meant she was also hitting the back line. Her late game was pretty strong, and her mid game was great for pushing. She couldn't have too much range or she would not need to hit the front line in the first place. Her kit over all is designed to be closer than other carries, with a spellshield and a movement speed buff to make her keep up with the enemies.

Let's just look at what old sivir had.

Pros:
Best pushing champion.
Potentially really strong late game.
Unique playstyle.
Her low range is justified, and her whole kit is more unified.

Cons:
Weaker laning phase, but with a good payoff.
Loss of an AA reset on a carry.

Why would you ever want that sivir?

As a pick with or against push strategies, to have an AoE comp, to with the new cleaver shred an entire team, to have a carry with a strong late game.

So please, Riot. Make Sivir exist, put her on the map. Give her back the thing you removed, the thing that made sivir into sivir, the thing that defined her kit and defined her place in the game. Please make Sivir's Ricochet a toggle again.

It might not make her the best carry in the game, it might not make her into an easier to win with carry either. Weak laning phases are great illusions masking the strength of characters (see the unique champion Poppy). What it will do is bring back a unique champion with her own niche, maybe even see her get popular in tournament play.

Sleeper Cell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2013

+ Spell shield
+ AA reset
+ Boomerang poke severely hurts bushcamping supports

put em together vs graves since u said his burst was higher:

Wild Graves used Quickdraw + Buckshot!

Sivir uses Spell shield! The damage is completely blocked (save the one auto he probly shot lol)!

Wild Graves is baffled and unable to avoid the next attack!

Sivir uses AA and Ricoshet reset followed by a Boomerang Blade to punish! It's super effective!

Wild Graves fled...

CerealBoxOfDoom

03-31-2013

pros
Sivir is a harsh harsh counterpick.

cons
Champs sivir counters are not always picked and you have to actually be good at playing her sometimes

Sleeper Cell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
pros

cons
Champs sivir counters are not always picked and you have to actually be good at playing her sometimes
aka counterpick and play right and your sivir will be just fine. I do think she lacks any sort of spectacular abilities and seems like she just has a plethora of mediocre "eh this'll work" skills. Nothing really stands out about her.

NJewk

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow647 View Post
+ Spell shield
+ AA reset
+ Boomerang poke severely hurts bushcamping supports

put em together vs graves since u said his burst was higher
Yeah, i didn't say anything about how their lanes work out against eachother. Graves just has more burst.

Graves is still a better laner and spellshield can be burst by support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
pros

cons
Pros:
Sivir can deal easier with cait traps and urgot harass and taric stuns.

cons:
Sivir is not a counterpick to anyone, she's only effective as a pick to make sure you dont feed and lose lane because of panic button.

Gdstro

03-31-2013

I object, Siver lanes really well and has excellent harass plus she is near 'unCCable'. To top it all off... team steroids If the match lasts to late game, you are doing something wrong. Either way, good positioning is what counts when it comes down to those game deciding team fights no matter who you are.

Strich9

04-01-2013

I play a lot of Sivir, and I agree she counters certain champs well. I initially picked her up, 'cause I was fed up with the FotM Taric. but now people are learning more supports, and you can't expect taric against you 100% of the games. There's a lot of things that could be improved, but Riot would have to think of 1 to implement, and not all of them ('cause then she would be OP). I was thinking they should lower the cooldown on ricochet late game, 'cause the AoE's she casts really fall off late game.

Thief of Space

04-01-2013

525 ranged riot nao.

500 Range hurts Sivir because of her semi weird kit, Grave's Buckshot is about the same range and harder to avoid than the Boomerang blade, and Graves has a dash where Sivir only has a movespeed passive boost.