Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Lux is useless

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nova Eclipse

11-06-2010

Lux is a support caster she fills that role quite good honestly, she doesn't support AND dish out dmg ( I'm looking at you Sona )

kems85

11-06-2010

Not sure if serious

VvlJbKLuRTmQ2kRT

11-06-2010

Quote:
Booterang:
Lux is a character that is in a bit of a poor spot. Sure she has her benefits (Baron snipe anyone?) but there are other characters in the game that can do what she does better. Examples include Karthus, Morgana (when she makes it past ban) sion, and anivia.

This million times over.

Burger Betty

11-06-2010

Quote:
IEETGLU:
She has **** ap ratios.

I agree, they're not the best. But they're not horrible, either. Her ult has a .85 ratio now, meaning with 500 AP it does 925 damage. Not bad considering at 35% cooldown reduction you can use it very often. It's also good for farming entire creep waves so you won't be poor.

Light Binding is .70, or 610 damage at 500 AP. Lucent Singularity will deal 540 damage at 500 AP. Again, these are not the best ratios considering they're skillshots, but they're also long range... so that's the trade off, I suppose.

She definitely could use an AP boost on Light Binding and Lucent Singularity so she's not forced to stack mass AP, but the character is definitely capable of pumping out damage.

SlyGoat

11-06-2010

i've played like 30 games with Lux since she was added and have only gone negative in 5. Even when we lose I'm usually sporting a solid 5-3-8 or similar. She's a pretty fantastic champion if you can play her properly, she's just not a carry. Turns out not every champion has to be. Her passive gives her amazing damage in early game ganks which lets you and your team snowball. She supports your team by feeding them kills. If you're underperforming with Lux early game you probably aren't utilizing her passive, or you're putting points into her horrible shield. Horrible shield is the only thing that needs a change.

TheGreatSaiyaman

11-06-2010

Geez - Go against a team where soulstealer is good

I go

Chalice
Stealer
Boots of speed
Rod of ages (or nashors tooth)
Lichbane
Zhonyas

if someone tries to chase it usually ends up them taking over 1500 damage (from my passive/bane proc etc)

Getting 1 attack per sec seems to allow me to make use of the passive a lot more.

I also never get the shield early... only after I got LB

Burger Betty

11-06-2010

Quote:
Booterang:
Lux is a character that is in a bit of a poor spot. Sure she has her benefits (Baron snipe anyone?) but there are other characters in the game that can do what she does better. Examples include Karthus, Morgana (when she makes it past ban) sion, and anivia.

Comparing Morgana to Lux is kind of not fair. The only similarities between the two are Light Binding/Dark Binding, of which Lux is the clear winner because hers can hit 2 people or be used to hit a minion and the champion behind it. Morgana does not have this kind of utility.

Lux's shield is absolute trash, Morgana definitely wins there, even if Lux can potentially shield her entire team (circumstances permitting).

Morgana's pool is inferior to Lux's Lucent Singularity because Lux's is a triggerable nuke that slows instead of a DoT that doesn't slow. It's better to deal your damage all at once than to deliver it over time, considering Morg's pool can be walked out of if you're not snared.

Their ultis fulfill different roles so they can't be compared.

TheGreatSaiyaman

11-06-2010

If the made the shield actually do damage to the enemies also it would be more viable. such as if it hits a team mate at lvl 5 shield for 200-250 damage for 3 sec - if it hits an enemy 200 damage over 3 sec.

SlyGoat

11-06-2010

Quote:
TheGreatSaiyaman:
If the made the shield actually do damage to the enemies also it would be more viable. such as if it hits a team mate at lvl 5 shield for 200-250 damage for 3 sec - if it hits an enemy 200 damage over 3 sec.

essence flux 2.0

AoE damage - max 5 targets
AoE support - max 5 targets
AoE damage + support - max 10 targets

her shield isnt so horrible that you need to double its power

TheGreatSaiyaman

11-06-2010

Quote:
SlyGoat:
essence flux 2.0

AoE damage - max 5 targets
AoE support - max 5 targets
AoE damage + support - max 10 targets

her shield isnt so horrible that you need to double its power

or more duration...

The fact it is a skill shot shield is stupid since I am usually moving around with my team trying to hit them...