Laz0r too stronk?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phoe Dragon

03-31-2013

Ok, this is not a QQ thread, but I'm wondering if anyone else is noticing this. For the last 5 games I've seen Lux, she has curb stomped the team, hard. Whether I'm mid against her or others are, she has seemingly dominated all games I've seen her in. Not sure if it has just been my luck or if Lux is becoming OP. Like I said, not complaining, but having a Lux go 33/5 in a game is just insane. So, thoughts?

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2013

Lux is not becoming OP. Interestingly enough, Lux's kit hasn't had anything tweaked since last July.

By the way, who were you playing as in mid?

CerealBoxOfDoom

03-31-2013

The last significant buff she got was in the fiora patch. That was a really long time ago and she's been nerfed since. She was considered to be of mediocre viablility for the longest and still is despite her growing popularity. I suspect the reason for this is because she is able to thrive in the current meta where for various reasons, including but not limited to HP stacking, fights are lasting longer and she is able to spam more. Build a teamcomp designed for faster teamfighting and I doubt she'll be a problem even if she hits every team memeber with her lazer.

edit:

btw her tournament history is not so amazing either
http://leaguepedia.com/wiki/Lux_-_Th..._of_Luminosity

Edit: if youre gonna downvote please actually make a strong counterarguement. I didnt tiptoe around the facts, you shouldnt either. Debate or gtfo.

UgIierBetty

03-31-2013

Most people here will just say, "LOL UR BAD BCUZ U CNT DODGE SKILLSHOTS"

but IMO she is OP.

She has a 30% pick rate, and her ban rate has been steadily increasing. I hope she gets nerfed soon.

CerealBoxOfDoom

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by UgIierBetty View Post
Most people here will just say, "LOL UR BAD BCUZ U CNT DODGE SKILLSHOTS"

but IMO she is OP.

She has a 30% pick rate, and her ban rate has been steadily increasing. I hope she gets nerfed soon.
her winrate is 52%

both of the champs above her got lower scores. the champ below her has a higher score.

Is there really a correlation between champ popularity and winrate?
many of the most popular champs cost less than 6300ip and have boobs or new splash art.
an overwhelming majority of the most popular champs have gold, yellow, or red colors in their splash art.
also her banrate is nothing special.

UgIierBetty

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
her winrate is 52%

both of the champs above her got lower scores. the champ below her has a higher score.

Is there really a correlation between champ popularity and winrate?
many of the most popular champs cost less than 6300ip and have boobs or new splash art.
an overwhelming majority of the most popular champs have gold, yellow, or red colors in their splash art.
also her banrate is nothing special.
Her win rate is actually 54%. Check the "highest win rate" champions on lolking. She is right there at the top.

After seeing her in the tournaments, more and more people are rushing to Lux. Now everyone has realized she is OP and they're abusing it. Her win rate will only continue to increase when people start mastering her. Right now any monkey could make good use of Lux.
"Herp derp? Stay in the back, dont die, and throw snares in every few seconds? I can do that! herpaderpaderpaderp oh look: *LAZOR*"
>Enemy pentakill
"Herpderp i only started this game yesterday! its so easy!!"

OT: I looked at that guy's match history. In every game, the Lux went like 37/5, 22/5, 30/3, etc.
Ridiculous.

I bet if there was a place you could see an overall champion's average KDA, Lux would be like 40/0.

67chrome

03-31-2013

Most of why Lux can be strong is that she can farm well in lane, so she'll have a level and gold advantage over everyone else. And every champion is pretty strong with a level and gold advantage, so that's nothing special. Her burst is actually pretty low compared to other mages to compensate for her range as well.

Quote:
Her win rate is actually 54%. Check the "highest win rate" champions on lolking. She is right there at the top.
The daily win rates are almost completely meaningless, you should sort it under monthly to get a more accurate picture of win rates - I'm not sure why LoLking displays daily win rates under the champion tab either.

DarksideEric

03-31-2013

Quote:

After seeing her in the tournaments, more and more people are rushing to Lux. Now everyone has realized she is OP and they're abusing it. Her win rate will only continue to increase when people start mastering her. Right now any monkey could make good use of Lux.
"Herp derp? Stay in the back, dont die, and throw snares in every few seconds? I can do that! herpaderpaderpaderp oh look: *LAZOR*"
>Enemy pentakill
"Herpderp i only started this game yesterday! its so easy!!"

OT: I looked at that guy's match history. In every game, the Lux went like 37/5, 22/5, 30/3, etc.
Ridiculous.

I bet if there was a place you could see an overall champion's average KDA, Lux would be like 40/0.
I like it when UglierBetty posts.

It makes my ability to laugh come that much easier.