Should RioT makes new champs unplayable in Ranked until two weeks after release?

Yes. 25 56.82%
Yes, but change the time length. 11 25.00%
No 8 18.18%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

[Suggestion/Poll] Should RioT make new champs unplayable in Ranked after release?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Liquidone

11-06-2010

Please wait while the Poll is being created.

Do you think RioT should make new champions unplayable in ranked until two weeks after release?

I'm not going to argue my personal point because it wouldn't make a difference. I know this topic has been brought up by many people and will continue to be brought up. I chose two weeks because two is better than one and three is an odd number.

If you choose the 'Yes, but change the time length' option please explain what you feel would be a reasonable length of time.
If you choose the 'No' option please explain your reasoning.

Now commence the voting.

BluCasterMinion

11-06-2010

I've always thought Riot should have done this. It surprises me that they haven't already put it into play.

Kirschtorte

11-06-2010

2 weeks is way too lon imo, max 1 week after release

Suuihk

11-06-2010

Yes it sucks your leblanc go 0/10 with manamune 4 phantom dancer...

A Velociräptor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2010

There should be a tutorial on how to create a practice game and what they are for. People don't seem to understand that you need to practice with a new champion rather than just queuing and making your team lose.

Fiendish Dr Wu

11-06-2010

Two weeks seems ok to me. It gives a lot of time to thoroughly look at how the champion does in live play and check for any new bugs or issues that may arrive or if some things need to be nerfed/buffed.

Dragon240

11-06-2010

I do not believe this...because there are people who can be good with heros after they release...but what they should do is make it where you cant use free heros in ranked

Mizerable

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2010

Actually a red post has stated they are working on this feature. There is a reason it isn't out yet (Apparently it is really easy) but not easy to make it so it will work with changes. IDK, I'll try to dig up the post. Either way - this is going to happen at SOME point.

Edit: Here's the quote and thread

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...04#post3889804

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryedan View Post
We've been planning something for this for a while now. It's not difficult to do, it just takes more time to build a modular (I like bold italics) tool that we can re-use. It's also hard to prioritize this work over, say, server stability or panic button tools.

To be 100% clear - Riot recognizes the issue and realizes that it is sub-optimal to release champions into the ranked pool fresh out of the oven. We have no ETA (sorry bro), but the tool is in the works to do this.

Remember - we have other possible uses for the "tool": making certain champions "seasonal" for ranked play, disabling blatantly glitched champions (7 second stun Veigar?), adjusting the test realm roster to get better testing etc.

ChodeBigload

11-06-2010

Give players a couple days to get used to playing against the n ew champion.

Make players who want to PLAY the new champion complete 2-3 games in normal mode first.

Dragon240

11-06-2010

would making them wait 2 weeks before using new champs in ranked be that good...because it seems like it takes 2 weeks for a new champ to be free ...new champ being playable in ranked+new champ being free really isnt going to work unless they also make it where you cant use champs in ranked unless you own them