karma experiement

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

03-31-2013

in theory if you were to build enough AS and CDR you could lower the cooldown on mantra till its less than its own duration.

Consequences of doing this? I'm wondering if you can double stack maybe :P

btw, ruunans hurricane

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2013

You can't stack a buff unless it has a stack counter. But you COULD spam Mantra spells all day like that.

Of course, in a similar theory, Skarner with enough AS and CDR could have his ultimate available every...dammit, I forgot what number I came up with.

Naokazu

03-31-2013

Mantra's cooldown is 45 seconds or 27 with full CDR, its duration is 8 seconds, you can't reduce it with spells because that would expend the current charge,

With 2.5 attacks per second (against champions of course) she will reduce Mantra's cooldown by 3.5 seconds per second, meaning it will cooldown in 7.7 seconds. Having Runaan's and hitting three champions per attack will cooldown Mantra by 8.5 seconds per second, making it available in 3.2 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMyBassCannon View Post
You can't stack a buff unless it has a stack counter. But you COULD spam Mantra spells all day like that.

Of course, in a similar theory, Skarner with enough AS and CDR could have his ultimate available every...dammit, I forgot what number I came up with.
18.9 seconds assuming he attacks only champions.

Feynt

03-31-2013

I doubt the veracity of your claims, but will begrudgingly try this and report back my findings.

Slarg232

03-31-2013

Why? Athenes and any other CDR item will bring it down where you can use it twice per fight.

CerealBoxOfDoom

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slarg232 View Post
Why? Athenes and any other CDR item will bring it down where you can use it twice per fight.
You know a great scientist once decided he wanted to design a rocketpack to skip traffic on the way to work.

His lab assistant asked why he didnt just skip the highway and take the uncrowded backroad to work saving time, fuel, and frustration.

ಠ_ಠ that day a b**** got slapped and jetpack was made. The next day a great scientist arrived to work by jetpack.

Do you understand the moral of the story?
IT AHRI, the moral is ALWAYS ahri

Feynt

03-31-2013

So, I tested this with Runaan's, Malady, and a Stinger (couldn't make Nashor's before the end of the game) and my conclusion is this is not a thing that can work. If there was ever more than one enemy champion nearby to shoot, I was focused down because I'm a caster. Her shield is too weak to hold up under focused fire now, and without a mass of AP (which a high concentration of aspd items prohibits) she just isn't scary. Likewise without all the mana I'd normally build, I often found myself without the means to attack with spells. Yes, you can in theory refresh Mantra very fast. My best time was lowering it to 20 seconds from like, 34? But that was one of dozens of engagements, all of which I lost. Her auto attacks do not lower Mantra's cooldown on minions, nor does skill use. You need to hit enemy champions to lower your cooldown, and that's just stupid for a support to sustain.

Results: Futile

Naokazu

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feynt View Post
So, I tested this with Runaan's, Malady, and a Stinger (couldn't make Nashor's before the end of the game) and my conclusion is this is not a thing that can work. If there was ever more than one enemy champion nearby to shoot, I was focused down because I'm a caster. Her shield is too weak to hold up under focused fire now, and without a mass of AP (which a high concentration of aspd items prohibits) she just isn't scary. Likewise without all the mana I'd normally build, I often found myself without the means to attack with spells. Yes, you can in theory refresh Mantra very fast. My best time was lowering it to 20 seconds from like, 34? But that was one of dozens of engagements, all of which I lost. Her auto attacks do not lower Mantra's cooldown on minions, nor does skill use. You need to hit enemy champions to lower your cooldown, and that's just stupid for a support to sustain.

I don't think anyone is seriously considering this build, it's just fun to theorycraft how often she could mantra under ideal circumstances.

CerealBoxOfDoom

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feynt View Post

nashors by itself probably wouldve been the most efficient Mr. Futile conclusion :P

CerealBoxOfDoom

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naokazu View Post
I don't think anyone is seriously considering this build, it's just fun to theorycraft how often she could mantra under ideal circumstances.
I just want to see what comes of it. Tried it in a bot game. Now the stacking idea is not something worth doing but nashors tooth seems to have good synergy with karma as does zephyr but then zephyr goes nicely with EVERY champ till you need the slot lol.