Heimerdinger rework idea

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vectoradron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2013

I like Heimer overall, but I will say his cocept is frustrating if not done right. So I was thinking of a pretty radical redesign but keeping the turret concept as his Ult to avoid the early-mid game headaches they always cause.

passive:upgrade
while heimerdinger is near a turret the turret gains 20% AS and they will slow enemies by 20%.
gives utility to turrets to protect him from ganks and makes placing turrets in a lane and leaving less efficient.

Q:repair(channel)
Heal target for 20/30/40/50/60(+.3 AP) per second over 4 seconds. when used on turrets they gain the healing is doubled.
this can be used to support or just keep your turrets alive for a bit longer.

W:missle
same but prioritizes champions and shorter range. This will be less frustrating for players to use.

E:grenades
same, it is in a good spot. I like the risk/reward to it.

R:Turrets
every cooldown you are able to set up 1/2/3 turrets within 10 sec that do 75(+.2 AP) damage and have 600/800/1000 hp.

This allows turrets to be more powerful and have a presence without messing up the laning phase like it did in the past.

I feel like this would reduce the early-mid game headaches Heimer currently makes and gives him more of a late game presence when you choose where to engage. Obviously alot of numbers can be changed but that could be solved with time. Also am unsure about Q, but I had to fill it with something.

Simply Baked

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectoradron View Post

E:grenades
same, it is in a good spot. I like the risk/reward to it.
I found this funny. compare this to aviana's skill shot.

Evolnemesis

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Baked View Post
I found this funny. compare this to aviana's skill shot.
Yeah, the risk was okay before Riot nerfed the hell out of him... when they had more range, better AP scaling, and the stun had a bigger radius (the small inside circle on his targeting circle, instead of a pinpoint in the middle)... That put it more on the level of Anivia's shot (though still a little less reliable, but the extra range and blind made up for that, you could lead people quite well with it)... but now, taking the mana costs, cooldowns, and unreliability of the spell together and looking at its current reward, it is by no means in a good spot.

It was just another casualty to Riot's throwing bigger and bigger nerfs at every one of his abilities in a desperate attempt to stop the impact of his 'toxic' and 'anti-fun' laning mechanics. He already had a lot of factors designed to make his laning weaker... slow speed, no escapes, extremely squishy base stats even for a mage, tendency to push and overextend no matter what he does because his passive gives strong health regen to every one of his minions, extreme mana costs on every ability, and extra-long cooldowns until he gets a few levels of his ult.

Simply Baked

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolnemesis View Post
Yeah, the risk was okay before Riot nerfed the hell out of him... when they had more range, better AP scaling, and the stun had a bigger radius (the small inside circle on his targeting circle, instead of a pinpoint in the middle)... That put it more on the level of Anivia's shot (though still a little less reliable, but the extra range and blind made up for that, you could lead people quite well with it)... but now, taking the mana costs, cooldowns, and unreliability of the spell together and looking at its current reward, it is by no means in a good spot.

It was just another casualty to Riot's throwing bigger and bigger nerfs at every one of his abilities in a desperate attempt to stop his 'toxic' and 'anti-fun' laning. He already had a lot of factors designed to make his laning weaker... slow speed, no escapes, extreme squishiness, tendency to push and overextend no matter what he does because his passive gives strong health regen to every one of his minions, extreme mana costs on every ability, and extra-long cooldowns until he gets a few levels of his ult.
Well i was actioually talking on a more basic level. With aviana you can press (dont remember which button) to activate it in mid air so even if you over shoot you're still golden. it is a million times easier to hit.

Evolnemesis

03-31-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Baked View Post
Well i was actioually talking on a more basic level. With aviana you can press (dont remember which button) to activate it in mid air so even if you over shoot you're still golden. it is a million times easier to hit.
Yeah, that's why I said it was less reliable even with the bigger range it used to have, Anivia's ability to activate hers while it's flying does make that ability better for her... though its also a bigger and more important part of her kit... but again, the extra range, damage, and easier to land stun, and the fact that it also has a blind, made it at least balanced as an ability back then; it had a lot of stuff to make up for how hard it is to hit with. Now it really is just inferior in every way. The risk is totally not worth the reward.

TrinityForceZX

03-31-2013

I like the passive you've suggested, although I''m not sure about ultimate, I think his turrets should have a ratio for armor or magic resist for later game presence( put on ult?). ADC can 2-4 shot his turrets if ultimate isn't used.

Heimerdinger is good late game, its that turrets are useless if there is a fight thats traveling too much, So I'd like the CD on Q reduced(even with max CD, at 15S. meh, could be like 10S)

Vellel

03-31-2013

i think a neat ult would be to make his turrets mobile and follow him around like any other pet but at range. maybe make em into mini tanks or something

Evolnemesis

04-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrinityForceZX View Post
I like the passive you've suggested, although I''m not sure about ultimate, I think his turrets should have a ratio for armor or magic resist for later game presence( put on ult?). ADC can 2-4 shot his turrets if ultimate isn't used.

Heimerdinger is good late game, its that turrets are useless if there is a fight thats traveling too much, So I'd like the CD on Q reduced(even with max CD, at 15S. meh, could be like 10S)
Their resistances aren't documented but his turrets have magic resist at least... there was one update a long time ago where they mention their MR being changed to 80 at max rank or max level. Though they had a leaked rework kit that showed they may be making his new turrets with scaling Armor/MR based on his level.