Karma's issues and solutions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Empyrius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2013

First things first.

Is Karma fun to play?
-Yes
Does Karma fit Support or mid role?
-Yes
Does she excel at either?
-No
Why?

First lets look at mid Karma.
Yes her kit seems good at surface. She has a skill shot harass which when connects does aoe damage, thus you can aim at minions and hit a champion right behind. Her W allows for good baits and can trap over extended people if running or diving. E allows to absorb harass, escape, or aid allies when they come to gank. Her mantra abilities are good as well.

However the downside is that the benefits of mantra is gimped SEVERELY by the long cool down. The cool down itself never changes unless with CD reduction. Even wiht Max CD reduction it stays at about 25s cd, which is similar to luxes ult cd. Her ult is not a true ult. It is a thing which gives her basic abilities some benefits. Her passive only affects her ult which in order to make use of it means she has to constantly harass with abiilties and attacks. This makes her mid game very bad if this is not changed. Her ult needs to have rank up cd reductions in terms 45s 1-6, 40s 6-11. 35s at 11-16, and 30s at 16-18.

At max cd reduction it would be 27, 24, 21, 18. At a high level she needs to be able to constantly harass with small empowered abiliies but these abilities would not add up to a big ult like a lux laser etc.

Move her passive to her ult, and bring back her old passive or give a new one based on dueling better.

For support roles she is good however same issue happens in team fights. She can mantra once for team shield, but otherwise than that... she has to wait. Since shes support she wont be harassing as much which means that she wont get her mantra faster.

Please rexamine this.

Camp Laszlo

03-31-2013

I agree with what you said about her ult not being a true ult, but I think the main thing that would help her would too give her two ultimates that charge up like before. This would actually help alot more with her new passive, making all her skills useful with the mantra buff.

Empyrius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2013

I prefer to think that having stored abilities is not worth it, however it being on a shorter cd would make it MUCH better.

ZAakKeN

03-31-2013

From what I've played so far she needs one or two of the following:

Q is fine honestly maybe reduce the delay on the 2nd explosion although as long as you cast Q+R just after you start to W it should always hit

W targets allies, maybe heal is split in half in those cases or something whatever riot can do the math but let me heal my carry please

E needs flat buff of both shield and damage or in scaling (MS boost is nice but ultimately not enough to balance out this vs the old E)

R needs either 2 charges or the passive recharge needs to work at half or quarter strength vs minions/neutrals (as opposed to not at all)