Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Got a sweet idea: jungle nidalee

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pwnacus Maximus

11-06-2010

This idea came to me out of the blue one day, and to me it seems like it would work pretty well.Think about it:
things a jungler needs to jungle effectively:
a heal
some way of exploiting the jungle mob's magic weakness
mobility
ganking potential

what nidalee has:
a heal, a further resistance reducer, possibly the fastest brush mobility in the game, and decent ganking potential

the only thing she doesn't have is some CC, but her team can more than make up for that. what do you guys think?

hekul

11-06-2010

Plenty of heroes can jungle, but speed and efficiency separates the viable from the not-so-viable.
In theory nidalee can jungle, but not well.

Diomedea

11-06-2010

Nidalee can jungle, but why would she? She really, really benefits from level advantage, so she should be aiming to solo lane, not jungle. Besides, it's not like she's a bad laner.

Cenerae

11-06-2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9JgohKOrWU

Watch this and decide for yourself. I think she's too slow to jungle realistically. Not to mention you need a weird runepage and mastery setup to pull it off.

Once you're lvl 6 is a different story, but you shouldn't still be hiding in the jungle by then.

arandomperseon

11-06-2010

Quote:
Astrild:
Nidalee can jungle, but why would she? She really, really benefits from level advantage, so she should be aiming to solo lane, not jungle. Besides, it's not like she's a bad laner.

This...

its like trying to jungle with urgot... just dont do it

malphismia

11-06-2010

I think the thing a jungler needs most to effectively jungle is a spammable aoe spell or %HP spell

mitigation is not a problem with defensive masteries and armor runes and if necessary, fort pot +5hp pots

Churchy

Friend of Urf

11-06-2010

If you watch that stonewall video, you can see how terrible she is at it. Stonewall is the undisputed king of the jungle, and while a more experienced nidalee player might be able to cut down the time slightly, Stonewall's level 7 ding took place at 10:15. Middle lane hits level 6 around 6:30-7:00 depending on how fast they kill the 6:00 creep wave.

IIRC, a level 7 ding at 10:15 is about on par with the sidelanes, if not a little bit slower. Couple this with the fact that she can't afford to head into the enemy jungle at all and spent pretty much the entire game at a supremely gankable state of being, she is a very weak jungler.

Temlam

11-06-2010

you have to remember he himself states he wasted some time, and in honesty he wasted about a minute where he could have killed golem but wasnt there for it. So nidalee would be faster to level than in his video. But yes, nidalee can easily double solo even, so having her jungle is a waste.

My definition of a good jungler is someone who can jungle more effectively than they can lane. Nidalee is the exact opposite, so putting her into the jungle is silly.

Also, as he mentions, nidalee could have sped up her jungling getting golem at 1, this only requires ignite. Ignite isnt the worst spell for a nidalee to get.

Cenerae

11-06-2010

Quote:
Temlam:
you have to remember he himself states he wasted some time, and in honesty he wasted about a minute where he could have killed golem but wasnt there for it. So nidalee would be faster to level than in his video. But yes, nidalee can easily double solo even, so having her jungle is a waste.

My definition of a good jungler is someone who can jungle more effectively than they can lane. Nidalee is the exact opposite, so putting her into the jungle is silly.

Also, as he mentions, nidalee could have sped up her jungling getting golem at 1, this only requires ignite. Ignite isnt the worst spell for a nidalee to get.

But a Nidalee running with smite and ignite is a pretty poor mix of summoner spells for a Nidalee to be running in the first place. Losing Ghost hurts her a lot.

Temlam

11-06-2010

Quote:
Cenerae:
But a Nidalee running with smite and ignite is a pretty poor mix of summoner spells for a Nidalee to be running in the first place. Losing Ghost hurts her a lot.

I dont know, I never play nidalee with ghost, always flash + ignite.

though the flash helps i guess